Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaker View Post
    Wow that world boss explanation shows they totally lost it. They are only talking about loot, accessibility and why players should kill it. WHAT? The ONLY reason you would put a boss outside in the open world is to create drama and world pvp.
    Isnt this a common theme from blue posts, this talk about loot and what/how a players should play or how the player get access to loot? Where is the dynamic gameplay talk. A sandbox mmorpg game should by dynamic with events that players create not by the developers. Developers give you the tools, players use them how they want it.

And sorry Sha of Anger didnt feel epic at all. Opposite faction interfered very rarely because they knew that not attacking would get them rewards faster since the respawntimer is so short. And since the respawntimer is so short the epicness of the boss goes down aswell. Boss was to easy too.
    Proper world boss = one week spawn, spawns in the evening, mythic gear drops, hard as mythic boss(but since you can have outside help it becomes more easier, but the mechanics and damage should be atleast mythic power).
    Honestly, the world bosses were made to replace voa and baradin hold style raids. I for one loved seeing Sha sat in kunlai while first leveling up and liked the fight itself. I dont think that world basses should have super long spawn timers. Being Alliance on a Horde dominated server at the start of mists meant that alliance never ever got a galleon kill until they changed his spawn time, which was somewhat frustrating. Also mythic difficulty world bosses is kinda dumb and defeats the objective of the current world bosses, might as well make an actual raid for them and only an insanely small population of the player base would even be able to kill them. Also in regards to the world pvp side of things. If the opposite faction lets you finish the boss because they want their loot quicker then it generally means that they dont give 2 shits about world pvp and just want their loot quickly. The vast majority of players dont want to spend 4 hours per week fighting over a rare spawn.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The team has been working hard since Blizzcon to make the content. The team has even added another boss to the Highmaul raid since Blizzcon! LOL! so they just make it up on the spot and after really work to make the content lol :P

[QUOTE=taheen74;25588288]Hunters aren't casters- in fact they work a lot different than casters do and have a resource system that gets completely depleted in 3 shots. Hunter's are more akin to ranged rogues than they are to casters.

- - - Updated - - -

That may very well be however all casters are ranged and hunters are ranged and if I am not mistaken most if not all hunter's abilities do not require them to stand still...next best thing to instant..

As a heal-y Monk, have a couple of instants but they are either CD's (so like every other class, CD's are always instant) or healing sphere, of which I could spam but rapidly drain my mana, grant no chi and in pvp aren't all that effective with a couple of dps on you.

But without them, since everything else is based on channelling to work effectively I'd just get locked out permanently :[

Melee need a few long-cast interruptible spells as part of their primary rotation. Share the pain once instants are removed.

I don't think Gul'dan will be a proper ally. If he is it'd be the most retarded thing blizzard has ever written.

Lets think of this from a LOGIC standpoint.

From Horde P.O.V.
    - Unless the Orcs are the dumbest fucks of all time, they know their own timeline history and know just how much of an evil douche bag Gul'dan was.
    - They KNOW that their green skin is from demonic corruption, so they'd only have to take one look at him to guess what the deal with him is.

From Alliance P.O.V

-Again, unless the alliance knows nothing about their own history and whom the power players of the horde were, there's no way in hell they'd trust him
    - Even if they didn't know about Gul'dan, recent current time line events has the current time line alliance not trusting the Orcs at all and alternate time line Draenei are at war with the Orcs, so again, not likely to trust a mysterious green skinned Orc under any condition.

So, if he was to be an ally, how would it make sense? The only thing I could possibly think of is maybe he disguises himself, gives a fake name and claims to be an Orc from our current time line, but even then, would it be that hard to discover the ruse? Otherwise, maybe feed information through servants or letters or some other non face to face communication, but even then in the end regardless of what he does it'd end up being for the purpose of serving the legion. He won't be our true friend, that's for damn sure. Not unless Blizzard have truly lost their fucking minds.

Quote Originally Posted by ForEachD2M View Post
    What about quivers? Are they going to bring them back cosmetically? I want to see arrows on the back of my bow-wielding hunter...
    Yes, they are planning on this. They also are planning on other flavor for classes, like Paladin librams on your belt or in your hand and Robinson asked for other examples. That's actually where I mentioned backpacks when he asked for other ideas like quivers from players we'd like to see, that's my tweet up there asking about backpacks, satchels, potions, etc.

I'm a celebrity!
    Anways, you should get on Twitter too and hound Chris Robinson about quivers. I do not play a hunter because it feels ridiculous, I love the ranger archetype Robin Hood/Legolas type character, but they look naked without a quiver on their shoulder or hip.

Even when we had cosmetic quivers, they used to disappear based on how you had your weapon sheathed and in you were in combat. They need to fix that too. Permanently have your quiver showing.

Sign on on Twitter and bug them about quivers. We need more people bugging them.
    https://twitter.com/artofcgrobinson
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    Melee will get their mobility gutted if that change gets out of beta. Some may forget (or didn't play back then) but there was a time when there were very little instant casts, and it worked by melee being snareable and avoidable and only few classes having interrupts. Hunters can be "mobile casters" as long as they get minimum range back. Interesting to see how it goes, all it takes is rolling back few years of changes, but the whine from pve'rs will be massive.

Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    The team has been working hard since Blizzcon to make the content. The team has even added another boss to the Highmaul raid since Blizzcon! LOL! so they just make it up on the spot and after really work to make the content lol :P
    I wonder if that new boss came in expense of a raid tier.

Deleted
    Looking forward to Ashran. I can see me spending to much time there xD I wonder if it's a good place to get honer/conquest. Also with the casters losings instants I not sure if it will affect me as I think I'm going to play my shadow priest. but then again they could remove the procs for instant mind blasts and FDCL lets hope not xD

what they're saying concerning the world bosses sounds like a fine plan. It makes the world better for having them. We have plenty of regular bosses. The stuff that goes o nwith world bosses is simply part of the spice.

Only ordos was significant in annoyance levels because of the small location, large population of people located on the island and the dozen or more adds behind you with massive multi-hit damage abilities allowing for trolls to screw with you. But he can be reset easy enough and respawns even quicker (sometimes a bit too quick, best not to linger after looting)

I'm surprised nobody asked Ion about his stint at Veridian Dynamics.