Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Basemath View Post
    - Luther - extremely good. Puts shows like Dexter to shame.
    - True Detective - Matthew McConaughey is in this one. And it might be his best performance ever.
    - Rectify
    - Fleming, The Man Who Would Be Bond
    - Banshee - This one may be too gruesome and sexual for some.

These are all remarkable TV shows with top notch scripts and acting. Pretty much Sherlock quality.
    After seeing this post I watched the shows mentioned. (Well I haven't seen Banshee yet, but it's on my list)
    These are fantastic shows.
    Fleming is the one I'm least interested in, though still very entertaining. And Rectify being my favourite, it blew me away with only 6 episodes. Wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fooliuscaesar13 View Post
    I'm a fan right now of things that mess with my head:
    American Horror Story (seasons 1 & 2, avoid season 3 unless you're into witch stories)
    Hannibal
    The Following (season 1 is much better than season 2 is so far but it's still decent)
    True Detective

Other stuff I end up watching:
    NCIS
    Almost Human
    Hello Ladies (only 1 season, HBO cancelled it already. It's hilarious.)
    I've bingewatched The Following and I wouldn't say it's brilliant but I am really intrigued with this cult idea. Very entertaining.
    But I got to disagree with you, American Horror Story: Coven was the best of all three seasons.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's always The Sorpanos and The Wire, which are up there with Breaking Bad in the running for the best TV dramas of all time. The Sopranos is a little bit dated and extremely long, but worth checking out. The Wire is expertly crafted, but a really slow burn.

Boardwalk Empire is pretty solid. I haven't seen The Shield yet, but my friends vouch for it as being excellent, and from what I've read, it's certainly worth watching.

If you want something that isn't a huge commitment, you should probably jump into True Detective, which is currently in its first season and has generated a lot of buzz. Great performances from Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey.

And, for a completely different sort of show, I've got to strongly recommend the US version of Shameless. Excellent acting, and it's a real roller coaster. Really funny, really dramatic.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Invasion (It only lasted for one series, but it was great. It also has many familiar faces (Eddie Cibrian, William Fichtner, Evan Peters).
    Reaper
    24 and its spiritual successor Homeland
    You should also read Preacher before it becomes a TV series, or at least the first TPB Gone To Texas to get an idea of whether it might be for you or not.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mnnm2 View Post
    After seeing this post I watched the shows mentioned. (Well I haven't seen Banshee yet, but it's on my list)
    These are fantastic shows.
    Fleming is the one I'm least interested in, though still very entertaining. And Rectify being my favourite, it blew me away with only 6 episodes. Wow.

- - - Updated - - -

I've bingewatched The Following and I wouldn't say it's brilliant but I am really intrigued with this cult idea. Very entertaining.
    But I got to disagree with you, American Horror Story: Coven was the best of all three seasons.
    Great Season 2 Rectify incoming soon I think Rectify is quite superior to Banshee. Still, if you liked Rectify as much as I did, n it seems you have, you'll like Banshee. I also agree about The Following being only decent. Feels like Caroll, Emma, and Mike all played their roles well, while Bacon half-assed his. Also lots of half-assing from other supporting roles all over the show.

In answer to the OP, I must recommend another show, forgot to do so in my earlier post. Misfits. It's a must see. Superpower genre but has its own unique take on the whole supernatural scene.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK. Hands down awesome.