Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by grede View Post
    I did it but does not care as long as can make healing / dmg . because he has no way , you probably want , to be able to replace another player. would in any way a person missing to the roster , and in the absence of obvious people would have a problem in more . by raider but I think my only options are to look elsewhere. I am looking for somewhat of a comfort / advice.


    thank you very much for your advice reflect what I think.
    I think you'd be better off finding another guild or help your guild find a good replacement for that guy if the roster is that tight.
    [email protected] | 8gb RAM | Geforce GTX 660 OC | 120gb SSD
    Druid (Main)World first 9000/9000HC 10minutes/week

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by grede View Post
    hello to all its first time im posting on mmo-c i would have a question about an issues with a guild mate.

    What would you do if you would find one of your raiders to use a bot in raids?

    i sorry but i am not english so be aware on grammatical errors.
    If somebody was botting in my Guild and I found out I'd kick them without a second thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

  3. #43
    What if the person provided flasks pots and food for everyone in your raid, would you still go out of your way to kick/report/ban him?
    [email protected] | 8gb RAM | Geforce GTX 660 OC | 120gb SSD
    Druid (Main)World first 9000/9000HC 10minutes/week

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    What if the person provided flasks pots and food for everyone in your raid, would you still go out of your way to kick/report/ban him?
    My guild had that kind of story. Basically someone had a bot, some people knew but the officers didnt. The bot holder decided to donate the bot money and other good to the guild bank. Basically, the bot, his main and the guildbank char all got banned, couple of people ended up kicked, guild lost a lot of gold and mats. The lesson we made in the situation: dont have anything in common with bots (and gold sellers, too), you might end up recieving damage when you cant predict it.

  5. #45
    Legendary! Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Top end guilds use rotation bots on farm? Yeh ok whatever you say keep talking out your ass.
    Given there are top end guild raiders mindlessly following addons for play even when the addon makes a suboptimal call, yeah it's just as likely as anyone else using them. Moreso infact given how notorious top end guilds are for botting in general
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  6. #46
    Personally, I'd talk to him and see what's up, and if it doesn't change, I'd just kick him. The raid will go on with or without someone that is too lazy to actually play the game.

  7. #47
    Legendary! vindicatorx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Posts
    6,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    I would like to see OP go more in-depth about the guildie.
    Same here I think we need more detail. How do you know he is botting?
    I have found guild members in the past who were botting AV and reported them and kicked them from guild.

  8. #48
    You're seriously on the fence about this? You really needed to ask for advice?

    He's putting your entire group at risk. Your entire group may have their progression rolled back, and their rewards taken away because your entire raid group is benefiting from the bot. Boot him.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    I know of some people using quest bots to level. Will not report them in this case, I know the pain after the 4th 90 and 10 or less dollars is better than 60.

    Bots to get honor or farm mats I'll report. Even if farming is such a tedious activity, botting can screw with economy.


    Raid-botting is insta-report for me. Don't even have to think about it.
    This is some terrible logic. Report cheaters only when it fits something you agree or disagree about. Good thing you didn't write the tos.

    Ot. I don't bot will report anyone who does in any case. If I have to go through mindless shit to get something, so should everyone else. Fair is fair. As for the player in question, ask him if he bots or provide proof. Depending on what he says or your proof, kick him. No tolerance for that business

  10. #50
    How do these rotation bots work?
    In Schwarzwald I roam with a bottle in my pack
    Hunting for hunters 'till the night falls black
    Creep into my flask - see how much you can drink
    A night out with me you're way too pissed to think

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post

    Top end guilds use rotation bots on farm? Yeh ok whatever you say keep talking out your ass.
    You do realize that a very large amount of high-end/top-end raiders were recently banned for using an automated play bot, right? Maybe check your facts before you accuse other people of talking out of their asses.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    What if the person provided flasks pots and food for everyone in your raid, would you still go out of your way to kick/report/ban him?
    All the consumables in the world wouldn't make up for having to replace that player when he gets banned and we're down a geared player for a progression raid.

    Raid botters are always one step away from getting banned. When that happens, the rest of the raid gets fucked over. Fuck raid botters.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    You do realize that a very large amount of high-end/top-end raiders were recently banned for using an automated play bot, right? Maybe check your facts before you accuse other people of talking out of their asses.
    Your definition of top end must not be the same as mine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    So, by that wonderful, excellent logic, why play the game at all? Why have gathering materials at all? Why can't we just download bots instead of addons - they're a wonderful addition to the game, right? Just zip it. Why is it ok for some to cheat and fine for others to have to do it the hard way, then pay the owners of cheating bots for their time? Not sure why I'm actually arguing with someone on the internet over the merits of bots in a game heavily against bots, but hey, stranger things have happened. Such as your arguments thus far.
    I'm not saying botting is fine or that people should bot. I was saying that because of the circumstance it's a decision that should be made by the OP themselves considering as a guild member they have the most knowledge about the person in question and that he shouldn't listen to random people on a forum because what they decide is going to be down to a personal level and shouldn't be what some random person thought.

  13. #53
    The Lightbringer Valyrian Stormclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    World's End Tavern, listening to the ETC.
    Posts
    3,949
    Out with the bots. He either drops it or he's out. We don't tolerate programs that play your game for you.

  14. #54
    Altho I know it's wrong I would overlook it if it was a gather/fisher that was producing a significant amount of mats for raid food and whatnot.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •