10+ Year Old Account

Install Windows on SSD without CD.

So, I'm a bit lost. My girlfriend managed to break her previous harddrive in mysterious ways so I bought her a SSD now. The problem is that we do not have a Windows disk, and we do not have another PC at the moment.

So I had a thought. I have a 64GB memory card on my Android Phone, but no memory card reader. Would it be possible to connect the phone to the PC and boot to it, if I download a trial version of Windows on it? Pretty sure I've heard of people installing it through memory sticks and what not.

Possible? Any other solution? I have a Windows key FYI, it's just the installation that is a bit of an drawback..
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you posting on your phone now?
    I would get a USB flash drive (They're like.. $6 these days)... Go to a friend's house, Download the windows ISO, install it on that (using the "Windows 7 DVD to USB Tool"), and then boot from the flash drive.

Windows won't boot from a phone, even if the ISO is on there.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Installing it through a USB tool is very easy and the source file is actually provided by microsoft.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    PS you only need like a 4Gb USB stick to fit the Windows install. They are dirt cheap nowadays.

Just make sure you download the correct Windows Installation ISO that your windows key will work with.