Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Darkmoon Card of Mists: Four dead markets?

I have wasted about 5k so far on herbs to produce around 10-12 DCoM's.

Needless to say, not one has sold yet (it's been about a month now) and all four relevant markets are ruined, i.e. the cards sell for abt 100-200g apiece.

While certain cards may sell for 1k for brief amounts of time, this doesn't last more than a couple of hours, as the card that sells for 1k soon gets massively undercut by someone with 2 or 3 of the same cards dragging the market down to about 150g again.

Do you think that those trinkets are still worth it?

What about you? Still making cards at this late stage of the expansion?

Deleted
    cards are not worth it anymore, stop making them tbh

These trinkets died the moment LFR gave better trinkets
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    It is a bit late to expect to make a profit from the cards, as the trinkets are no longer the best you can get. I've not been able to sell the cards that i do have, as other options are available easier.

Any suggestions on what to do with the remaining scrolls of wisdom I do have?

Is there any way to make some gold out of dumping them somewhere?

Inscriptions only real way to make gold after the first two months of an expansion has always been glyphs
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    IMO, darkmoon cards die a swift death as the end of the first raid tier approaches.
    beyond that window from expansion release to a raid content patch, I see ZERO reason for anyone to ever buy them.
    In fact, i didnt buy or craft a single one for any toon this entire expansion.
    As another poster said, LFR drops trinkets, outside of bad luck, there is no reason to shell out coin for these.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    These trinkets died the moment LFR gave better trinkets
    They were still ok regarding LFR, mostly.

It was the Timeless Curio that destroyed most.

Though, some I hear are BiS for min/maxing for Challenge Modes - given they will be shutting down in a month or two perhaps advertise for that?

Deleted
    i currently make TONS of money with inscription without glyphs.
    here is what i do:
    normal ink to Mysterious fortune cards
    uncommen ink to shoulderenchants
    if i have enough scrolls i build the offhand items.

that way i made about 30k in the last week.
    BUT it is highly instable market and depends on the server

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    They were still ok regarding LFR, mostly.

It was the Timeless Curio that destroyed most.

Though, some I hear are BiS for min/maxing for Challenge Modes - given they will be shutting down in a month or two perhaps advertise for that?
    I couldn't see these things in 5.2, either - moment someone gets into ToT LFR the broken RPPM trinkets were superior for most.

They are very good for CM's if not best, but the only people who will care are those going for realm best times. You're gonna have to be on a packed server to even hope to find a realm-time CM'er who hasn't got the trinket yet, likely someone who didn't bother till now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unlike the start of the expansion (which, as a Scribe myself, is the only time you actually want to sell DMF trinkets to get the most bang for your buck), why would one spend gold on a trinket at all, when you can get one from the Timeless Isle (476 or 535) and a 522 VP one for "free". Sorry, that you spent all that gold on herbs and such, but you missed the boat on this one.

Currently sitting on about 50-70 scrolls of wisdom, things are useless, but still holding hope that Blizzard may add a way to convert them to something useful before expansion end and I vendor them all.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Currently sitting on about 50-70 scrolls of wisdom, things are useless, but still holding hope that Blizzard may add a way to convert them to something useful before expansion end and I vendor them all.
    Same here matey, I tried reading one, it gave me no wisdom.

Deleted
    I made on of the boa staves for my alt but i got one off garrosh the day after so f*ck that piece of crap !

On the other hand, my bank is full of wisdom, my mind gets blown everytime i open that mofo.

Card usefulness can vary, for example back in WotLK, the main one (Greatness I think?) was "overpowered" relative to its ilvl and was still quite viable depending on your class going into ICC, as even higher level ones weren't necessarily better than its proc. Granted, if you had TOTC or better ones then you're probably not gonna bother, but it was still great for alts and such.

You'd think that maybe Blizzard would have put in a 551 offhand item for Scrolls the same way that BS/LW/Tailors got 551 craftables, but nope.

The staves/fan OH are still pretty cool for transmog at least.

Some of the decks are still useful for Challenge modes a bit, if you take the time to make them into decks you may have a much easier time selling.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    You'd think that maybe Blizzard would have put in a 551 offhand item for Scrolls the same way that BS/LW/Tailors got 551 craftables, but nope.

The staves/fan OH are still pretty cool for transmog at least.
    I dunno why, but blizzard has a massive hate right now for easy accessable MH/OH. The only one we've got are BS crafted Shields (i wanna say ilvl 476?)

Offhand crafted items still tend to sell at a pretty decent profit margin for minimal time investment (assuming you have the harmonies.)

Deleted
    5k gold for 12 Cards? I really wonder about the size of your server now. I'm on high pop, herbs are 20-25g a stack, and 1 stack = 1 Starlight ink

Cards might not sell well, but trinkets? Man, I make 12-15 every month (got 6 scribes), I buy out Decks for 4000-4500, and I buy all cards under 300g to finish decks.
    Then I wait 1 week until other sellers are out of stock (they sell for 4-5k) and then I dump all of mine for 6-7-8k. Best thing is, I still don't have enough because week before new DMF I'm out of stock.