Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Warlords of Draenor: What do we know

Story

- Following the events of Siege of Orgrimmar, Garrosh Hellscream was imprisoned to be tried in Pandaria. Before the trial can conclude, aided by an ally who can manipulate the timelines, Garrosh escapes to Draenor of the past, and prevents the orcs from ever drinking the blood of Mannoroth, creating an untainted Iron Horde under the leadership of Grommash Hellscream.

-For both Horde and Alliance players, the campaign starts behind enemy lines in the Tanaan Jungle on Draenor. It’s up to the player and their allies on preventing the seemingly impossible Iron Horde from wreaking havoc in Draenor and eventually to Azeroth.

-Once on Draenor, adventurers will face the might of great orc warlords such as Grommash Hellscream and Kilrogg Deadeye, legends who command a legion of 10,000 orcs from Draenor’s united clans—but you won’t have to take on this desperate mission alone. The ancient draenei champion Vindicator Maraad from Wrath of the Lich King will accompany the Alliance's expedition through the portal, while the Horde's faction rallies behind by Thrall. Your strike on Draenor is practically a suicide mission, but if you can destroy the portal from the other side, you’ll buy your faction—and Azeroth—some much-needed time. . . .

- All level-90 players will begin in the Tanaan Jungle (pre-Hellfire Peninsula), and for newly boosted level-90 characters, the quest line will be edited to help you get up to speed and ready for taking on the challenges to come. Also for boosted 90s, insead of gaining all of your skills and abilities right away, you’ll be able to unlock them as you progress and learn your way around your more powerful character—and you’ll need every ounce of your ability to stop the Iron Horde and continue your campaign on Draenor.
    - Once the threat at the Dark Portal has been (temporarily) dealt with, Alliance and Horde players will go their divergent paths. Each will answer the call of their new allies to engage the native threats of the world and mount a long-term defense against the Iron Horde

Alliance: Karabor, Shadowmoon Valley

- In the aftermath of the Dark Portal strike, Alliance players will be led to the pre-Black Temple, otherwise known as Karabor in search of allies to face the Iron Horde. Once there, you and other travelers will work together to save the draenei holy temple and turn it into a capital city for your faction. Stay alert though, while the Iron Horde lays siege to the temple, Ner’zhul and his nefarious Shadowmoon Orc clan pursue another line of attack that could put the entire world in mortal danger.

Horde: Bladespire Fortress, Frostfire Ridge

- Following the assault on the Dark Portal, Horde players will be led to Frostfire Ridge and the aid of the Frostwolf Clan. Once there, you will battle the ogres of Bladespire Fortress to secure a new base of operations in this harsh land. Don’t be fooled by your progress, though—the Thunderlord Clan will be right on their heels to reclaim their lands.

Main characters of expansion

Garrosh Hellscream:

After escaping from captivity in Pandaria, Garrosh will return and go back in time, along with Zaela. He will alter the history of Draenor by supplying the clans of the Old Horde (now dubbed the Iron Horde) with current technology and making them refuse to drink the demon blood. He will be a major antagonist of the story arc.

Kairoz:

A bronze dragon responsible for Garrosh's escape from prison, as well as establishing the timeway bridge between altered past Draenor and present Azeroth through the Dark Portal, for reasons unknown.

Kargath Bladefist
    Clan: Shattered Hand
    Territory: Spires of Arak

Kargath Bladefist leads an army of sadists simply by being the most hate-filled orc to ever attach a scythe to the stump of his severed wrist. Initiates of Kargath’s clan, the Shattered Hand, emulate their chieftain’s vicious body modification, but it’s only the first of many opportunities for new scars, both on their own bodies and in the sculpting clay of their foes’ flesh.

Blackhand
    Clan: Blackrock
    Territory: Gorgrond

A power-mad and tactically brilliant weaponmaster, Blackhand has both the ambition to rule and the cruelty to maintain his hold on the conquered. Under his leadership, the bold orcs of the Blackrock clan arm an entire world with the strength of steel. Blackrock slaves labor whip-crack to whip-crack on frightful siege engines—weapons that will inevitably be turned against the slaves’ families, neighbors, and homes.

Kilrogg
    Clan: Bleeding Hollow
    Territory: Tanaan Jungle

After seeing his own death during a vision quest, Kilrogg “Deadeye” embraced the finality of fate, and tore his left eyeball free in a brutally symbolic gesture. Members of Kilrogg’s clan, the Bleeding Hollow, imbue themselves with berserk fury, slather their weapons in hallucinogenic venom, and stalk prey from the treetops, branding their victims’ final moments with visions of pure horror.

Ner'zhul
    Clan: Shadowmoon
    Territory: Shadowmoon Valley

Though Ner’zhul is contemplative and forward-thinking, his vision of a united orcish culture has been eclipsed by the manipulations of his apprentice, Gul’dan, and the bloody reality of the rising Iron Horde. His clan, the Shadowmoon, has always looked reverently to the stars to guide their fellows. Today, the mysticism of these death-sages nudges Draenor closer to obliteration.

Gul'dan
    Clan: Stormreaver
    Territory: Shadowmoon Valley

Indebted to a demonic lord and pitted against the mentor he betrayed, Gul’dan is one of a handful of fel orcs on Draenor, his visage and shamanic power twisted balefully by demonic communion. The outcasts he leads, the Stormreaver clan, now fight to wrest their “rightful” place in the Iron Horde from Gul’dan’s former master Ner’zhul . . . and to tempt a great army of orcs into infernal corruption.

Grommash
    Clan: Warsong
    Territory: Nagrand

A passionate voice of pride and fury, Grommash Hellscream acknowledges only pronouncements made in the language of swinging axes. His clan, the Warsong, is a nomadic group of deadeyed archers and bellowing wolfriders who gather at the vanguard of the Iron Horde, razing their enemies’ lands and homes to embers, then stamping those embers into ash.

Durotan Horde
    Clan: Frostwolf
    Territory: Frostfire Ridge

Loyal to his allies and terrifying to his enemies, Durotan has led the Frostwolf clan to a life in one of the most hostile lands imaginable. Durotan’s people rejected the Iron Horde’s call for orcish unity to focus on their own survival. They now subsist in the biting cold of Frostfire Ridge by cloaking themselves in furs and taming the massive frostwolves that accompany them, snarling and howling, in battle after battle.

Velen Alliance

As the ancient leader of the draenei, the prophet Velen has spent hundreds of human lifetimes carefully weighing and recording the futures he foresees so that creation itself does not fall. Velen’s guidance preserved his people during an exodus from their homeworld, Argus, but his wisdom is in question after the arrival of the Iron Horde on Draenor. What value is a prophet whose visions cannot prevent calamity?

Khadgar Alliance

Perhaps the most accomplished of all living wizards, Khadgar was an apprentice to the Guardian Medivh until he helped defeat his master and destroy the Dark Portal created to summon the orcs to Azeroth. Though cursed with frailty and age, Khadgar nevertheless remains an exemplar for the Alliance, leading counterattacks against the Burning Legion and all who would threaten his world with annihilation.

Maraad Alliance

A wandering warrior of faith, Vindicator Maraad is a pillar of draenei society. After prevailing against evil in the Northrend campaign, this hammer-wielding paladin began instructing the other races of the Alliance in the ways of the Light. Exposure to Azeroth’s myriad dangers has left Maraad prone to action above meditation—he will strike while others tarry.

Yrel Alliance

Yrel is a female draenei paladin. She is mentioned to start out as an ordinary character that will rise to become a hero and an important figure for her people in the storyline, in a manner similiar to Joan of Arc.

- Gul'dan isn't the threat in Warlords of Draenor, Grommash and the Iron Horde are. Gul'dan might even be an ally against them.

General

• Level cap raised to 100, new level 100 talents
    • New world: Draenor of a parallel past, homeworld of the orcs and the last refuge of the draenei. (7 zones, 1 PvP zone)
    • Updated character models for the older races
    • Changes to stats - removing hit, expertise, dodge, and parry; and adding new (Tertiary) 'fun' stats such as movement speed and cleave
    • Build and upgrade your own garrison
    • Dynamic Primary stat on Armor
    • Item squish
    • Inventory updates
    • Adventurer's Guide - a new feature that will suggest what to do each day and what you might like to do based on your character's gear, progression, and such.
    • A level 90 character upgrade—play immediately! Players will be able to instantly boost one character to level 90, which may be a pre-existing or a newly created character.
    • If the Level 90 boost gives you your first high level character, there will be a starting experience that introduces you to your skills slowly, rather than giving them to you all at once.
    • About 20% of class skills and abilities have been removed to help address ability bloat.
    • New permanent ability bonuses
    • Refined quest log and system with hundreds of new quests

Zones

• Spires of Arak
    • Nagrand
    • Tanaan Jungle
    • Shadowmoon Valley
    • Talador
    • Gorgrond
    • Frostfire ridge

Raids and Dungeons, Scenarios

• Raid Finder (10-25 players).
    • Normal (10-25 players, roughly equivalent to 5.4's Flexible difficulty).
    • Heroic (10-25 players, roughly equivalent to 5.4's Normal difficulty).
    • Mythic (20 players, roughly equivalent to 5.4's Heroic difficulty).
    • Group Finder - a new feature to find players and form groups for 5-40 player encounters and other activities. Cross-realm capable.
    • 6 new dungeons, 3 for leveling and 3 for max-level, as well as a revamped Upper Blackrock Spire
    • Normal dungeons will likely be similar to the Mists of Pandaria Heroic dungeon difficulty, while Heroic will be more challenging.
    • Raid Finder will be balanced around players having gear from Normal difficulty dungeons.
    • Gear progression will likely use Normal difficulty dungeons to gear up for Raid Finder and Heroic difficulty dungeons to gear up for Normal difficulty raids.
    • The Challenge Mode daily quest in Warlords of Draenor will give you a piece of epic gear that is on par with or better than Raid Finder loot, even before Raid Finder and maybe even the raids are open. This is awarded to anyone who completes the dungeon, meaning that there is no time requirement.
    • Warlords of Draenor leveling will make use of some solo scenarios at the end of a zone, similar to what we saw on Isle of Thunder.
    • Highmaul is very non-linear, with a layout that is similar to Firelands (open outdoor area with some optional bosses before the two final bosses).
    • Blackrock Foundry has a layout that is similar to the second part of Icecrown Citadel, with three wings of three bosses each. You can do the wings in any order you want, gaining access to Blackhand after all three are complete.
    • Less linear structures work better for players and feel better, so that is what will be used going forward.
    • There isn't a separate raid tier for each Warlord, and we may even see two or three in the first raid tier.
    • Three different world bosses are planned for Patch 6.0. Initially one boss may be available, with Highmaul quality loot. Then a few weeks later, a second world boss could unlock that drops Foundry quality loot. Much later in the tier, a third world boss could unlock that drops some Heroic raid quality gear.
    • Proving Grounds will be updated and expanded, making it a requirement to queue for random heroic dungeons. (Silver atleast)
    • The amount of loot that will drop when you are not using Personal Loot depends on the number of players in the raid that are eligible for loot on that boss. If almost everyone in the raid is locked out of loot for a boss for this week, there is a chance it won't drop any loot.

PvP

• Upgrades to battleground systems, including objective displays, scoreboard upgrades and new rewards
    • Ashran - a new sandbox PvP zone featuring bases, vehicles and quests in an uncapped and dynamically changing battle
    • Ashran is somewhat-based on Alterac Valley, when the battleground could last 30 or 40 hours before a faction wins. You will be able to go in the zone to do things that aren't PvP related such as gathering resources for your faction. Of course, the other side will do the same and it will most likely result in PvP anyway. Resources will have multiple uses, including summoning creatures just like in Alterac Valley.
    • Skirmishes readded for 2v2s and 3v3s
    • War Games
    • Set up by an organizing player, who invites two teams to participate
    • Tournament Mode gear available just for War Games
    • Others in the organizing player's party can spectate the match

More specific information, pictures and videos

Sources

- - - Updated - - -

I will post more pictures and videos soon. And also update it when we get more info. Please tell if i am missing something or i should add something
    Last edited by mmoc6d45658549; 2014-02-25 at 06:56 PM.

Nice breakdown, but would ya mind not centering all the text?

15+ Year Old Account
    Good job! /10chars
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestian View Post
    Yeah i can edit it if it looks better then. I just personaly like it centered.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokrei View Post
    Yeah i can edit it if it looks better then. I just personaly like it centered.
    Centered looks better, but it's harder to read.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestian View Post
    Better now?

15+ Year Old Account
    Better now?
    I think so yes

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice, pretty clear for people that haven't been up to date. Good job.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Nice, pretty clear for people that haven't been up to date. Good job.
    Thanks! The idea was just to give basic information about expansion, not telling every little detail about it.

Deleted
    I still don't get something and I hope somebody can clarify this for me. Has Kairoz created an entire alternate universe or is there only alternate Draenor? and how did he do it and why would he help Garrosh? the power to just go and create a paralleluniverse (be it only one world or more) just seems utterly ridicilous, if one lowly bronze dragon can do it, why doesn't Sargeras just go and create infinite universes and just roflstomp the universe even faster?
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2014-02-25 at 05:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    [*]Changes to stats - removing hit, expertise, dodge, and parry; and adding new (Tertiary) 'fun' stats such as movement speed and cleave
    First, thanks for the summary.

Secondly: I admit I haven't been 100% up to date on things, but about gear: doesn't that leave, as secondary stats, only Mastery, Haste, Crit and Spirit? Tertiary stats and gem slots will happen randomly, and not affect ilvl, but the secondary stats are static (and not reforgable).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I still don't get something and I hope somebody can clarify this for me. Has Kairoz created an entire alternate universe or is there only alternate Draenor? and how did he do it and why would he help Garrosh? the power to just go and create a paralleluniverse (be it only one world or more) just seems utterly ridicilous, if one lowly bronze dragon can do it, why doesn't Sargeras just go and create infinite universes and just roflstomp the universe even faster?
    It hasn't been confirmed either way yet to my knowledge. Likely Blizzard wants to keep their options open.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    First, thanks for the summary.

Secondly: I admit I haven't been 100% up to date on things, but about gear: doesn't that leave, as secondary stats, only Mastery, Haste, Crit and Spirit? Tertiary stats and gem slots will happen randomly, and not affect ilvl, but the secondary stats are static (and not reforgable).
    there are new secondary stats being introduced.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Awesome, thanks for this!

Deleted
    Nice!

Need to add something about the new secondary stats maybe? (Multistrike etc).

One more important new feature to add under general is the cross-realm group finder! From Blizzard: "In Warlords of Draenor, we're implementing a completely new Group Finder, which will allow players to find or create cross-realm groups for pretty much anything, including raids."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madone View Post
    One more important new feature to add under general is the cross-realm group finder! From Blizzard: "In Warlords of Draenor, we're implementing a completely new Group Finder, which will allow players to find or create cross-realm groups for pretty much anything, including raids."
    personally looking forward to that feature *again* ... since it allready was there (think it was in BC) for some time... dunno why it was removed ^^ but it also sounds like it got upgraded as well ;D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madone View Post
    Group Finder - a new feature to find players and form groups for 5-40 player encounters and other activities. Cross-realm capable

That was under raids, dungeons and scenarios part

And about those tertiary stats we dont know that much yet. Only thing i know is that they are like SoO trinkets (Multistrike, reducing cooldowns etc). I will update it when we get more information about them

Did...did you just copy/paste the big article about WoD from WoWPedia?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Did...did you just copy/paste the big article about WoD from WoWPedia?
    No. Not everything but lots of information is copypasted from there. You can see that i listed wowpedia to sources. I also used mmo-champion and battle.net

And is there something wrong with it?