Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

I don't trust Wrathion

It could be just me, but I do not trust him.
    He has a questionable power from questionable sources (Deathwing). I never feel like he is telling us everything. True he is helping us to a great extent in Pandaria however his presence on Timeless so close to that bronze dragon (forgot his name sry) leads me to question his motives again.
    What if he aided us to get rid off Mogu and Sha just to gain more power for himself.

What if by going back in time in WoD he plans to aid Garrosh and/or Deathwing?

http://wow.joystiq.com/2014/02/16/kn...-black-prince/

All hail our Draconic overlord.
    Sign me up for that new word without any of those Old Gods messing with our minds.

10+ Year Old Account
    We need a new dragon head to hang in our capitals anyway.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted
    Even more reasons to stop trusting him. I somewhat feel that he is not planning to 'help us' by wiping Old Gods

Wrathion end boss of WoD? lul

Deleted
    wrathions entire intention for MoP was to depose garrosh and take one faction to the point it wouldn't need to keep the war going to prepare for a coming threat, thats why he goes off it at the end as things don't go the way he wanted and he pretty much says he will be back.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The bronze dragon is called Kairoz.
    Wrathion is said to be in WoD, but will apparently only make a small appearance. While he might have questionable actions, he is doing it to protect our world from an impending Burning Legion invasion. I bet Kosak will try and integrate the whole 'means to an end' idea into Wrathion's character. I just hope he doesn't become raid fodder.

<Insert joke about how Wrathion will give epic head.>
    Last edited by The Flavour Cat; 2014-02-25 at 01:36 PM.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure anyone in the entire game trusts him, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLordDariusCrowley View Post
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2014/02/16/kn...-black-prince/

All hail our Draconic overlord.
    Sign me up for that new word without any of those Old Gods messing with our minds.
    That was an interesting read, thanks for sharing that.

OT: Wrathion himself tells Anduin that he is wise not to trust him, so anyone actually trusting him would be slightly deluded.

He is one of the most interesting characters Blizzard has conjured in a while, thats for sure.

i'd really prefer it if he remained the anti-villain.

Deleted
    Some time ago I read an article of someone talking about this matter aswell.
    He talked about alot of things that could be possible or happen with Wrathion, but one thing was very interesting.
    Throughout the history the Black Dragonflight have been known to be masters of deception, manipulating pawns.
    DeathWing disguised himself as a human by the name of "Daval Prestor" to destroy the alliance within.
    Same goes for Onyxia who disguised herself as "Lady Katrana Prestor" and stood next to Anduin for a long time during Varians absence.
    Players who go through the legendary questline will see that Wrathion give their faction his unwavering support/loyalties.
    Which rise some red flags to how true his intentions really are.
    He tells both factions that he supports them and that the war needs to end before it consumes their strength.
    To what extend supporting?, help ending one faction by helping the other?
    Then again the writer of that article and I could have ofcourse totaly mis interpreted everything.
    Altho I do keep a faint ominous feeling about him, cause his true intentions stay a mystery to me.
    Atm we can only speculate on this until something happens.

Edit

I just found this, after Garrosh is defeated he tells the players that he was backing the alliance all along and is mad at Varians decision to make peace.
    However he couldn't resist to say the following: Wrathion says: Oh, don't look so surprised! I am a black dragon. My loyalties are my own.
    Last edited by mmocd6cc855882; 2014-02-25 at 01:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody does.. Nobody does.

Deleted
    Wrathion's main goal is to protect Azeroth. He doesn't care if it's the Horde, the Alliance, both or none of them do it. He doesn't care for us, he cares for the wellbeing of the planet itself. Kinda makes sense, given he is a pure black dragon, the ones responsible for protecting the earth.

Deleted
    He isn't very trustworthy. During MoP his whole thing was that he wanted to get rid of Garrosh so one faction was weaker and all of Azeroth could get united under one banner and be more prepared for the burning legions return. I think blizzard is going for the whole "means to an end" thing for Wrathion, chances are we'll see him become a proplem we need to deal with at some point in the future though.

Deleted
    I think he's being entirely honest about his intentions. However I don't trust that his idea of "what's best for Azeroth" will necessarily line up with the Horde and Alliance's idea. He already planned to have one wiped out after all. I hope he doesn't become a boss though, or at least not for a long while.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really think you're meant to trust him...he is a black dragon after all.

I've done two cloaks so far, one on Horde and one on Alliance...after you defeat Garrosh and go talk to Wrathion to finish the questline, the whole story ending in the tavern just makes me giggle. Here is this very powerful being (albeit very young) and you find he's basically just a bratty little kid. Not only does he throw a temper tantrum when things don't go his way, but he refuses to take advice from the bartender who has been so patient with him the entire time because he's "just a bartender".

I'm not sure he'd want to "aid Garrosh" as you say, considering how upset he was when he found out Varian let him live but I guess it's always a possibility.

Deleted
    He's designed in such a way that you can't really be sure wether to trust him or not.

However, I hope Blizzard is going to want to keep him in an anti-hero/villain manner and never actually make him a bad guy. Fingers crossed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I think he's being entirely honest about his intentions.
    He wants to save the world and is truely honest about it, I agree
    We cant be sure however on whatever other plans he has for it, or us :O.

Quote Originally Posted by Froya View Post
    It could be just me, but I do not trust him.
    He has a questionable power from questionable sources (Deathwing). I never feel like he is telling us everything. True he is helping us to a great extent in Pandaria however his presence on Timeless so close to that bronze dragon (forgot his name sry) leads me to question his motives again.
    What if he aided us to get rid off Mogu and Sha just to gain more power for himself.

What if by going back in time in WoD he plans to aid Garrosh and/or Deathwing?
    wrathion didnt get any of his powers from deathwing.

all the powers wrathion has hes had to take. a good portion of which we took for him.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He is a black dragon, you simply get as much help from him as you can and don't even think about the rest. If he is plotting something (I believe so), he'd do it with or without you. However, he's clever enough to use us (if that is the case).

We will see. I think they did a great job with him so far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    wrathion didnt get any of his powers from deathwing.
    Deathwing was his father, some of his power was definitely inherited.
    I can see him 'purging' the whole life on Azeroth to cleanse Old God corruption. Although I hope it won't end like this, as it's similar/identical to what we've seen in previous expansions.