Mouseover macros and keybinds as resto shaman

Hello resto shamans,

I am thinking about coming back to wow and playing my resto shaman. I have used grid or vuhdo but i am thinking want to use mouseover macros. I was just wondering what mouseover macro everybody uses and what keys they bind them to... I know most people are different just looking to get an idea...

Cheers
    GrumpyGeek

Using Vuhdo/clique allows you to actually free up macro slots and does the same thing as a mouseover macro in the unit frames.

Just curious as to why you want mouseovers instead of using vuhdo again.

Quote Originally Posted by Devos Songare View Post
    Using Vuhdo/clique allows you to actually free up macro slots and does the same thing as a mouseover macro in the unit frames.

Just curious as to why you want mouseovers instead of using vuhdo again.
    I dont want to be clicking i want the mouse free to mouse turn

But you still need the mouse over the target, which you cannot do while holding right click to turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    I used Clique + Grid for that when i healed, years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGeek View Post
    I dont want to be clicking i want the mouse free to mouse turn
    But mouseover macros would still "tie" you up and not let you me free to mouse turn.

I healed for 5 years and only had a few time where I desperately needed to mouse turn; when I did it took all of half a thought to do so and not lose out on healing anyone for the most part.

I guess I'm just confused for your reason since they both basically operate the same.

Anyway, the only true mouse-over I use is for Earth Shield so I can set a focus on my target at the same time.

Sort of related post: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-which-buttons
    Last edited by Divos; 2014-02-25 at 11:43 PM.

You can mouse-over with VuhDo, but there's no point. It makes no difference if you "click to heal" as you're already mousing-over a target, meaning you are unable to mouse turn.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGeek View Post
    Hello resto shamans,

I am thinking about coming back to wow and playing my resto shaman. I have used grid or vuhdo but i am thinking want to use mouseover macros. I was just wondering what mouseover macro everybody uses and what keys they bind them to... I know most people are different just looking to get an idea...

Cheers
    GrumpyGeek
    I use mouse overs and the default UI. Here is what I'm looking at in a raid. A lot of the macros also have alt / shift modifiers in them.

imgur.com/VQ5Bo9M. jpg

Take the space away from the link - can't post links.

I guess i really just want to try something different i guess lol.. seems like it might be a bad idea

I use mouseover macros healing on my shaman seems to work fine for me.
    http://i.imgur.com/qfWVit8.png
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    Please don't post in all colored text or custom fonts, as it's distracting and disruptive to the conversation. We give the tools of color and font to be used as accents, but they are not meant to be used for the complete post text.

Quote Originally Posted by Woltereck View Post
    I use mouseover macros healing on my shaman seems to work fine for me.
    Thanks, this is great!!