Why don't they just add account wide Honor?

The whole baseline resilience thing is dumb. Also it seems they are going to up it even more? I got owned in every single BG once I got to 70 and then 80. You just tough it out and deal with it while becoming better. It makes you play better knowing that you cant take as many hits as someone in full PvP gear. Wouldnt it have been better to just make Honor/Conquest points account wide? That way when once you get Alts to max level you can farm points with your main and then just buy the gear with your new character. Arent most people capped out anyways? At least now you have something to spend points on. That way it still lets fresh characters jump into PvP without getting destroyed but still requires you to play and earn your gear.

I just dont believe putting in a wellfare system because people are too damn lazy to farm their gear is the way to go. The disgusting thing is it seems a lot of people actually want baseline resilience or even free PvP gear. Why even bother playing the game? What do you have to look forward to if Blizzard gives everything to you and you no longer have to grind out PvP gear. Hell I wouldnt put it past them to have full level 100 pvp gear sets in their cash shop.

IDk, I view pvp gear as i used to view Resistance Gear. Back in naxx my guild was struggling on Sappharon and I walked into the raid with 0 frost resist and we 1 shot the boss, I acquired the frost resist about a week or 2 later and guess what, wipefest I died way easier. I topped the healing charts and had no issues staying alive. I walk into PVP now with my 550 PVE gear and wrecked people I feel that I survive better without it TBH, I get PVP gear and have nothing but trouble staying alive and do shit damage.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    IDk, I view pvp gear as i used to view Resistance Gear. Back in naxx my guild was struggling on Sappharon and I walked into the raid with 0 frost resist and we 1 shot the boss, I acquired the frost resist about a week or 2 later and guess what, wipefest I died way easier. I topped the healing charts and had no issues staying alive. I walk into PVP now with my 550 PVE gear and wrecked people I feel that I survive better without it TBH, I get PVP gear and have nothing but trouble staying alive and do shit damage.
    He's not talking about World PvP. Your PvE gear is useless in anything but PvE activities and world PvP.

If anything let people choose. Been doing a lot of Guild Wars 2 lately. I run with 2 sets of gear. Full glass cannon gear that lets me see silly numbers pop up on screen but also leaves me open to dying if a thief sneezes on me. Then I have a set of Armor/HP gear with some healing power I use when going full support. My damage is a lot less but I can also take a beating.

Why not make the PvP gear like that? Let people choose either to wear PvE gear inside BGs and get the full item level. But also make it so they die if a holy paladin looks at them wrong. Or people can choose to gear full resilience and not do a lot of damage but be hard as hell to take down. Or have a mix so you are more balanced. That would open up more play styles and allow for people to actually put some thought into how they want to gear and play their class. You would actually have to spend time mixing and matching gear to get to something that works well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    If anything let people choose. Been doing a lot of Guild Wars 2 lately. I run with 2 sets of gear. Full glass cannon gear that lets me see silly numbers pop up on screen but also leaves me open to dying if a thief sneezes on me. Then I have a set of Armor/HP gear with some healing power I use when going full support. My damage is a lot less but I can also take a beating.

Why not make the PvP gear like that? Let people choose either to wear PvE gear inside BGs and get the full item level. But also make it so they die if a holy paladin looks at them wrong. Or people can choose to gear full resilience and not do a lot of damage but be hard as hell to take down. Or have a mix so you are more balanced. That would open up more play styles and allow for people to actually put some thought into how they want to gear and play their class. You would actually have to spend time mixing and matching gear to get to something that works well for you.
    This site needs a way to thumbs up posts.

IWhy not make the PvP gear like that? Let people choose either to wear PvE gear inside BGs and get the full item level. But also make it so they die if a holy paladin looks at them wrong.
    This was how it was for years, and it was very poor.

Fundamentally, there isn't anything WRONG with allowing a tradeoff between some defense and some offense. But often which is "correct" will depend on your comp and their comp- for instance, if you are the easiest to burst down, or their team can mostly stay on you the whole game, your defense set is the winner. Meanwhile, if the enemy can't mitigate your burst but will win a long game, swapping to offense would be better.

So you already are on shaky ground because you have to maintain at least two whole sets here- one that is offensive, one defensive. And sometimes you might want something in the middle. But that's not inherently terrible.

The PvE thing is the real issue. My gear is amazing in pve- it's almost full heroic, and my mainhand is heroic warforged. I can do absolutely shocking damage. It wouldn't take very many of those pieces to replace my pvp sets before I'm really devastating.

"But um" you say "I'll make it so that if you don't wear all pvp gear, you get 0 resilience! Yea, that's the ticket! The set bonus is literally EVERY PIECE! That way you can't heroic warforged killing spree me down and I die before you are out of spree, like you can on the isle of ganks!"

So then we live in one of two worlds:

1)- Being full heroic pve is the best under some set of conditions. PvP gear is better in others.
    2)- It's NEVER good to be in heroic pve gear, because you literally get one shot by holy shock.

In world (1), the guy who doesn't raid sucks in those conditions- whatever they are. Is it thug cleave? Do you need a pve hunter and rogue and then thugcleave is easy glad? Well if you wanted to play that comp, better app guilds! That's the issue- if it is niche in arenas, then it's a niche that a full time pvper can't do. Again, we had this shit for fucking YEARS, and it sucked sweaty ballsack. Why would you want to go back to that?

In world (2), it's like today, so you bought nothing. Except that a fresh player can't use his pve gear to get a start in BGs and arenas. So, the same for us, and he gets shit on.

No gain, bad idea, do not revert. The gear scaling and such have done a lot to aid a VERY poorly designed pvp itemization scheme- more than anything else.

The whole baseline resilience thing is dumb. Also it seems they are going to up it even more? I got owned in every single BG once I got to 70 and then 80. You just tough it out and deal with it while becoming better. It makes you play better knowing that you cant take as many hits as someone in full PvP gear. Wouldnt it have been better to just make Honor/Conquest points account wide? That way when once you get Alts to max level you can farm points with your main and then just buy the gear with your new character. Arent most people capped out anyways? At least now you have something to spend points on. That way it still lets fresh characters jump into PvP without getting destroyed but still requires you to play and earn your gear.

I just dont believe putting in a wellfare system because people are too damn lazy to farm their gear is the way to go. The disgusting thing is it seems a lot of people actually want baseline resilience or even free PvP gear. Why even bother playing the game? What do you have to look forward to if Blizzard gives everything to you and you no longer have to grind out PvP gear. Hell I wouldnt put it past them to have full level 100 pvp gear sets in their cash shop.
    Pvp is not designed with pve gear in mind.. it doesn't work just go watch videos of season 8 shadowmournes or gurthaks winning games.

Deleted
    I would like the option to "share" honor with my alts.

That way, I will get my alts geared up in gear so I can do arena and I will not burdon the rest of a BG group with my blue/green geared alt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't they just make it so your character can switch classes, races, and factions at any time so you don’t have to deal with different characters? Is that the ultimate desire of people who just want everything to be BOA and account wide, or have they just not thought that far ahead yet?
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Why don't they just make it so your character can switch classes, races, and factions at any time so you don’t have to deal with different characters? Is that the ultimate desire of people who just want everything to be BOA and account wide, or have they just not thought that far ahead yet?
    lolwut? You realize sharing honor is literally nothing like any of what you mentioned, right? I mean... Surely you can't be that dense.

Account wide honor would be a good thing for a few reasons. Firstly, there's nothing fun at all about doing BGs when you have no gear, you're virtually useless. Which leads to the second point, of you're virtually useless, in a BG like WSG having 1-3 people with no gear means you lose unless the other side is in the same situation. BGs and arenas aren't similar, what you like in one you may not like in another. I love healing in arenas, but I hate it in BGs, if I could grind honor on a DPS class for my healers that would be great.

But, at the end of the day, it will never happen. And it doesn't really matter, you can grind honor easily by chaining heroics, or just joining BGs and tabbing out. I usually chain heroics on healers, and just afk in BGs on my undergeared DPS, since I couldn't kill anything anyway there's really no reason for me to be there.

Alts are there to replay the game. Stop thinking alts should be handed everything instantly. If that was the case, what is the purpose of an alt?

Having JP and HP account wide is a great idea. It'd help your newly dinged alt to get a couple pieces of gear so you can start doing heroics and such a little bit earlier.

The cap should remain at 4k tho, so all you could get is 2 items for jp and 2 for honor, depending on what items you get which really isn't something to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by AslanLionJesus View Post
    Alts are there to replay the game. Stop thinking alts should be handed everything instantly. If that was the case, what is the purpose of an alt?
    This would be true, if all of your alts were of the same class.

The purpose of my alts? More characters for arenas so I can play different comps with different people. I don't want to have to grind 27k honor when I have no gear at all, that isn't fun in any way. I want to grind out the honor on a geared character so I can play my alts in arenas for fun. It isn't to replay the game, it's to play a new class.