Guardian Proving Grounds Gold. Please help!!

I am an experienced guardian tank and been tanking since the start of BC. I just started doing proving grounds, bronze and silver was rather easy and completed in first try. The problem I am having with gold is when I reach wave 8 the incoming damage is gets too high but with proper cds I am constantly reaching wave 10, but incoming damage is too much to survive. I am using both stam trinkets for more health to survive. What I like to know is which talents and glyphs and appropriate for gold proving grounds, what gear and stats I should use And what tactics are other guardian druids are using to achieve the gold. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

One thing that I picked up from these forums I believe, was to spec into treants for this. They will taunt an add so that's less dmg you're taking and it's a little more dmg being done to them. I did not change my glyphs or talents other than the treants. I *think* I had DoC for this also but I usually have that in my spec anyhow. Given that your stats take a heft hit with the downscale to ilv 463, I would recommend using anything you can to get your crit back up rather than worrying about stam trinkets. Better to be able to self-heal than hope you have enough HP to survive. Remember to make liberal use of typhoon Good luck!

Treants help. Kiting helps. Make sure things stand in fire when fire is around and make sure you are using rage to heal/dodge rather than maul.

It's been a while since I did Gold....but some basic tips.....

1) Gear for RPS as normal. You shouldn't need extra stamina.
    2) ALWAYS keep SD up.
    3) Know which mobs are dangerous and plan your cooldowns ahead of time.
    4) Don't stand in bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Things that helped me A TON on gold, was Thypoon!

Deleted
    In my experience, proving ground tank challange is more about kiting, than actual tanking the mobs. Since the monk NPC will do most of dmg anyway, you should just keep the agro on yourself, and kite the mobs while she kills them. Treeant are gamechanger imo, must have talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TZM View Post
    Things that helped me A TON on gold, was Thypoon!
    Typhoon and stampeding roar on wave 9, or whenever you find it's getting impossible to sustain with cooldowns. That should win it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by unclejohn View Post
    In my experience, proving ground tank challange is more about kiting, than actual tanking the mobs. Since the monk NPC will do most of dmg anyway, you should just keep the agro on yourself, and kite the mobs while she kills them. Treeant are gamechanger imo, must have talent.
    100% agree. If you're getting wrecked, you probably need to kite more. There's a lot of tools for that--vortex, typhoon, roar (and darkflight and rocketboots if you have them) and even displacer beast. Treants are clutch for the knockback mobs as well as the occasional banana fan of knives

I had the exact same problem until yesterday, when I started actually trying to beat it (I lost interest in pg after failing in wave 10 for the first time).

My master-tactic (probably not):
    0. take Incarnation, Feline Swiftness and Typhoon
    1. reach Wave 10 (should be easy )
    2. when the 2 bouncers appear tank them a few seconds (use a def-cd)
    3. as soon as you feel uncomfortable: Typhoon -> Stampeding Roar -> Run like a little bitch
    4. pop Incarnation for infinite spot and use it for everything that attacks the npc
    5. just run for a while and try to not get hit (if someone manages to get to you stun him)

After a few seconds some of the enemies should be dead and you're good to go.

You can do it in many different ways, you just have to realize that wave 10 is not tankable and you just have to run (first try after I figured this out )
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by pFreak View Post
    You can do it in many different ways, you just have to realize that wave 10 is not tankable and you just have to run (first try after I figured this out )
    Oh man. People crack me up so hard.

It's perfectly tankable. Conquerors do meaningful damage for all of 10 seconds, easily coverable by SI (if it's up), or BS+SD. The ambushers that come next make it hard again, but Sikari'll just aoe them down, and for the short time they're up you can just keep SD up (not the BEST damage reduction ever, but they need to hit to aoe, so it does cut their damage quite a bit) and stun them a bit.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2014-02-26 at 07:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boy am I glad this was posted. Great thread.

I am in the same boat. Get to wave 10 no problem, get squashed in seconds once the two big baddies pop. I'm going to change some talents around and get my gold tomorrow.