Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I think gender roles are pointless and harmful to nearly everyone though (unless you just happen to love everything about yours).
    That logic is shaky. One doesn't have to love everything about a given social construct to think it's useful. I can certainly see drawbacks to gender in our current society, but I do not see it as destructive to me. While a lot of the "be a man!" things are silly, the overarching tenor has, on the whole, probably been good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    You know if you could just wipe out misogyny and the fear of anything feminine, almost every drama humankind has other then things surrounding resources would calm the fuck down.
    No, you would also have to wipe out religious intolerance, mental health issues, racism, misandry, and a lot of other stupid reasons people have for hating each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    You know if you could just wipe out misogyny and the fear of anything feminine, almost every drama humankind has other then things surrounding resources would calm the fuck down.
    This seems like a wildly unlikely claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I'd have to know what shit we speak of before I agree to anything. I think gender roles are pointless and harmful to nearly everyone though (unless you just happen to love everything about yours).
    I was referring to " His surprise was the beginning of the idea for me. Sometimes men – it's not their fault – they don't imagine that women are assaulted even with words every day, with small, slight words. " from your quote. Some women don't imagine that men are assaulted even with words every day. I don't like this cynicism

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I was referring to " His surprise was the beginning of the idea for me. Sometimes men – it's not their fault – they don't imagine that women are assaulted even with words every day, with small, slight words. " from your quote. Some women don't imagine that men are assaulted even with words every day. I don't like this cynicism
    And some women don't even imagine that women are assaulted by men with words every day. Where do those women live and why do they call themselves women if they're just little moany girls getting offended at everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    My favorite bit is the women running topless. OMG, sports bras are so oppressive! Men run without shirts, what privileged shitlords!
    Wait, what? That wasn't a guy? I thought it was just a very highly voiced man.

On the plus side nobody in the video assumes he's a pedo because he has a baby with him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The whole reason it's different for men vs. women is that there's no real invasive way for a woman to perform heterosexual sex on a man. The man goes into the woman, not the other way around.

Unless she used a strapon I suppose.
    Not only that but being raped is a disaster for a woman, biologically. It's different now with the existance of contraceptives and abortion being as freely accessable as it is in many countries but prior to that being raped meant a high chance to be carrying a child from the rapist. Which is a biological disaster in terms of mate selection. Men don't have to deal with that the same way a woman has to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    While this does have some valid points, I'd like to point out that most men, if held against a wall and forcefully given a blowjob, no matter how rough, are gonna be like "OH MY GOD THAT WAS THE BEST. Gonna wear these shorts every day forever."
    Sexism goes both ways...
    The light always shines the brightest in it's darkest hour

Just thought I'd drop in again and mention that using comedically ironic role reversals that illustrate contrasts in male and female behavior in a video designed to point out societally reinforced gender inequities is a great way to miss the mark.

The whole hand in the cookie jar thing. Appealing to the extra demographic of slavering morons who are like "LULZ THERES MEN ACTING LIKE WIMEN LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL THATS FUNNY LOOOOOOOOOOOL" at the cost of completely massacring the intended message.