Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

out of all the new mmorpgs coming out what might be the most successful

this is just a prediction but i think out of eso, wildstar and eq next i think Eq next will be the most popular

it feels like the most innovtive and best feel to it

15+ Year Old Account
    ESO, EQ Next, Black Desert, Bless, Blade & Soul, The Crew, Wildstar. In that order.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    ESO, EQ Next, Black Desert, Bless, Blade & Soul, The Crew, Wildstar. In that order.
    Wildstar will probably be the only mmo coming in the next years that will even make a dent in wow-population.
    The rest of those are shit at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that ESO will be a HUGE hit. Likely more successful than the others. Each consecutive elder scrolls title keeps topping the other, to the point where Skyrim destroyed competition around it's release.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...steam-records/

by this point I expect ESO, at least initially, to thoroughly whup the competition's ass financially just by brand recognition alone.

As far as long-term success goes, I have no idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by r03dz View Post
    Garrosh eats buns and tea for breakfast.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjj92 View Post
    Last time Blizzard listened to some smart guy's random ideas, they ruined female worgen.
    *Sigh* Poor Worgen ladies.

ESO is by far the biggest IP, so that will be the biggest game out of the new ones. EQ Next probably will be the second biggest and WildStar will be about Rift levels of popularity. The eastern MMO's won't be big at all in North America (which is par for the course).

Wildstar all the way, but it's completely opinion based. There's no reason in even attempting to measure which one will be more "successful."

I like the art style in Wildstar. I've heard bad things about TESO from friends in the beta. For what that's worth.

Any of them MIGHT be, we'll have to wait and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Depends on what you mean by successful.

Successful as in overtake WoW? None.
    Successful as in earn enough money to make a profit? Both ESO and Wildstar will be very successful. They are catering to completely different audiences. EQN is still too vague and too far away to make an informed opinion.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is going to be a mixing pot of opinions. Let's keep it civil.

Personally I enjoy Wildstar out of the option of ESO or Wildstar. Can't really comment on the other mmos coming out.
    Currently Procrastinating

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amozabael View Post
    I think that ESO will be a HUGE hit. Likely more successful than the others. Each consecutive elder scrolls title keeps topping the other, to the point where Skyrim destroyed competition around it's release.
    Except that Eso is not a real Elder Scroll, it's a mmo. I seriously doubt that the usual Elder Scroll players who like realistic roleplay will be very happy to be given daily quest, not to be able to kill npc and see tons of morons jumping naked in big cities while shouting "BOYOYOYO !"

And dont forget that Skyrim (though an incredible game) didn't completely destroy competition since 2011 was also the year of another fantastic medieval RPG, The Witcher 2.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateJayWilson View Post
    this is just a prediction but i think out of eso, wildstar and eq next i think Eq next will be the most popular

it feels like the most innovtive and best feel to it
    What do you base this "feel" on? There has been no game play shown, absolutely no information on it other than their reveal. From that stuff I like what I heard but until we see even the alpha of the game I won't hold my breath. Heck I think we have seen more of Star Citizen than EQNext.

Anyway, I think all three games will do alright. They seem to going after slightly different player bases.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    What do you base this "feel" on? There has been no game play shown...
    Gameplay was shown. Not much, but it was shown. And much of the movement and UI schema can be reasonably speculated upon from Landmark.

On topic: I think ESO and Wildstar will both do well.

Elder Scrolls is a strong brand. They have lots of money. It will probably be successful.

Wildstar is an unknown IP but VERY broadly designed. It might do well, but I feel like Wildstar will struggle long term with the sub fee thing.

EQN I can see remaining a rather niche title. Appealing mostly to MMO players and another free MMO among many in the market. Don't think the EQ brand will carry over strongly with the current market and the new game is so apart from classic EQ as to not draw those players content with EQ1 & 2 already. Or the nostalgic EQ players.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2014-02-26 at 05:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Wildstar will probably be the only mmo coming in the next years that will even make a dent in wow-population.
    Lawl we got a person who can tell the future here! Quickly everyone give him a government position!
    On topic dont knock something you have never tried
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Right, and what is this based off of? He asked my opinion, and I stated it with no intention on forcing it as fact upon others. I just think it's one of the most ridiculous games ever made and I just can't take it seriously, thus why it's on the last my list. I have no reason to believe that it'll make a scratch in any mmo's population.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD if that counts, which i dont think it does. If it doesn't, id rate success like this.

Wildstar>Everquest Next>ESO. Titan will probably be more successful then all of them tbh, but we don't know enough about it to judge it in any way, so im not going to include it. I only ranked the ones im following. I did it objectively, and not based on my personal interest. i think ESO will in the end be successful as a ftp game, just because its elder scrolls but its going to fall flat on its face at launch based on what ive seen. The combat looks terrible. Everquest is also to far off for me to judge, but at least we know some things about it, so it may end up doing better than wildstar, but we will see. Wildstar is the only one i see holding a sub model for a while. I think it will end up doing slightly better then Rift did. Ftp after its first xpac, but definitely successful.

I see WoW as king for 5 more years before it gets overtaken, but it will still have 5-10 years when its not on the top tbh.
    Last edited by Chickat; 2014-02-26 at 06:05 AM.

Deleted
    Okay well. ESO will be a fail, player will be so tired by the game so fast it is unbelivable, i am a massiv elder scroll fan, but i can not justifice the game, All of my friends in the beta have agreed to this " The game is avage at best, and that is not enough to pay 60 dollars + a sub/per mouth" The game is just not that good, Okay i only made it till level 11, but Really, if i had the game the only reason i would play it is because i payed for it.

I have not yet tried Wildstar but that game atleast look fun and fresh, people may say the grafik is too " Shiny" and "childish" But i like it, it looks fun, and i like the idea of different classes can have different professions depending on what you like.

But the one i think will do best, is EQN, THAT game atleast sounds like a winner. Ofc we do not even have a beta version to look at, but it sounds amazing. So EQN > Wildstar > ESO

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm convinced that WildStar will be the only MMO to survive - possibly actually competing with WoW - out of all of those mentioned by the OP.

ESO doesn't seem to be going anywhere. It's a downgrade from Skyrim.
    Blade & Soul will probably surpass Tera Online's qualities, but will likely have the same devastating flaws.
    Can't speak about the other 4, but WildStar seems to have creative, intelligent, communicative developers and appeals to players from huge games known for their e-sport mentality: WoW, LoL, DotA, HoN, and GW1 (probably everyone that loved GW1 but hates GW2)
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

I was originally on the WildStar bandwagon but have switched to ESO. Not because WildStar is bad, I think it is a good game, but there are some things in WildStar I can't get over. I can get over the average quest experience but I can't get over their combat mechanics, it is just poorly done. Not the combat itself but the way abilities work. Too much limitations and long cooldowns on a limited action set game in which you can't even switch weapons. I thought GW2 was limited but it at least had the ability to switch weapons. If WildStar fixed or improved upon this issue I would follow it again.

ESO also has its flaws like WildStar, but those are things I can actually get over. And ESO is also different enough from WoW that it doesn't feel like you are playing the same MMO and doing the same exact thing. Also, the thing ESO has going for it is the average WoW player probably won't like it. Which is good for the game because they won't play the game and quit 3 months later for WoD.

All my opinion, but I am pretty confident in ESO at this point. About EQNL and EQN, I don't actually trust SOE too much. They talk a good talk, but I won't believe them until I see the actual product. EQNL for example is average and disappointing. Just the fact that WildStar and ESO have significantly better crafting systems than EQNL is pretty sad.

Either way I am really curious to see how the MMO landscape shapes up at the end of 2014 to early 2015. It will be really interesting to see what happens.
    Last edited by Sharuko; 2014-02-26 at 06:51 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sharuko, regarding limited ability usage and long cooldowns, using GW2 as a comparison is a bad thing.

Even League of Legends provides more depth and a higher skill cap with its measly 6+ skills/spells per Champion, than GW2's 11+ Skills per Class ever did.

It's more than just numbers.
    It's how meaningful your skills are and how they interact with one another.

That being said, I have one last thing to say:
    I've seen many games come up with creative and beautiful skills, amazing animations and astonishing graphics.
    But I have yet to see a game that properly implements interesting "procs", "triggers" and "passive" mechanics as well as WoW or even League of Legends does (and they seem to be learning from each other).

Just what the hell is going on with developers these days?
    They all talk big and promise high before launch, but then we get games like Final Fantasy XIV... a poor excuse for an MMO.
    I just want an MMO that requires more brain than my room door.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2014-02-26 at 06:37 AM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellash View Post
    Sharuko, regarding limited ability usage and long cooldowns, using GW2 as a comparison is a bad thing.

Even League of Legends provides more depth and a higher skill cap with its measly 6+ skills/spells per Champion, than GW2's 11+ Skills per Class ever did.

It's more than just numbers.
    It's how meaningful your skills are and how they interact with one another.
    I don't think GW2 did it well either, in fact, it was probably my biggest issue with the game. I am just saying WildStar does it worse than GW2. The combat in WildStar is a lot of fun, but the restrictions and limitations are way too much, especially if you can't even switch weapons. If WildStar had a system more like D3 or ESO, the game would be significantly better to me at least.

To me it is a gamebreaking issue, I am sure many won't care about it.