Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think Wildstar is overhyped and only the PR carries it, but until i play it myself, i won't decide finally. From the gameplay videos and streams, the game looks extramely generic with Telepgraphs everywhere. And TESO actually made me play Skyrim again. I'm not sure if thats a good or bad sign.

Probably i will buy TESO and try out Wildstar when it goes open beta.
    Last edited by Darksoldierr; 2014-02-26 at 07:27 AM.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Lawl we got a person who can tell the future here! Quickly everyone give him a government position!
    On topic dont knock something you have never tried
    He was asking for opinions wasnt he? I just gave him mine. Just because you dont agree you have to act like a douche?
    Also, i base them on the experience ive had with either betas or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    Right, and what is this based off of? He asked my opinion, and I stated it
    Exactly. He asked for opinions. I stated mine. Whats the problem?
    Last edited by mmoc9aa38bccdb; 2014-02-26 at 01:17 PM.

EQN, based on absolutely nothing. Well not completely nothing. I think Wildstar may be successful in its own sub segment. I think ESO is going to make a large splash and sink quickly. The other ones aren't things.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

I'm expecting ESO to follow in the footsteps of ToR; start off really strong, but lost a lot of ground after the free month. It'll persist though, as a lot of ES fans will continue to play it, but a lot of gamers not as invested in that universe will flitter away.

Can't really say much about Wildstar as I have eyt to play it, but it's futuristic theme and cartoony appearance may attract enough to sustain it for a bit. I expect both ESO and Wildstar to be f2p after a year, and would be very surprised if the development studios have not already included or are developing tech required for that transition.

EQ Next though... that will be an interesting one. Will be the most recent MMO to take user created content to a relevant level. I'm hoping I get in the beta!
    RETH

I found wildstar to be fun, 6 hours flew by and I thought it was more like 2, if my friend on Vent didn't tell me she was going to pick her kid up from school I might of forgotten what time it was and been late for work. ESO? Not so much. The only moment of fun that I had was sneaking up on a mob with a dragon knight and absolutely laying it out with a one shot 2 handed weapon. Thats it.

Is there lots of 'kill x' quests in wildstar, yes. Is there telegraphs with dodges? Yes. They have also added lots of fresh quests and mechanics to the game to keep all of this fresh. Complaining about collect x and kill x quests in an MMO is like complaining that you have to shoot people in FPS's ever since wolfenstein.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    I think Wildstar is overhyped and only the PR carries it, but until i play it myself, i won't decide finally. From the gameplay videos and streams, the game looks extramely generic with Telepgraphs everywhere. And TESO actually made me play Skyrim again. I'm not sure if thats a good or bad sign.

Probably i will buy TESO and try out Wildstar when it goes open beta.
    I would suggest not making a decision about a game until you experience it yourself.

launch sales? elder scrolls, obviously. even though its a shitty game pretending to be an elder scrolls game it will still sucker alot of casual buyers out of their money who believe they are getting the next skyrim.

longterm?

everquest landmark. if they can really play up the "its like minecraft but with castles and shit" it will be huge, especially if they manage to get some popular people to stream it (theyve already got a couple lets players excited so i dont see this being a problem)

wildstar is way to niche to be super popular.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The most successful of this year ?
    Most likely Wildstar even if I am not really found of it. It is the same as rift : a classic but well made MMOs. It has more chance to get a stable subs.

Most box sell : ESO
    Name alone will sale the game. However I have high doubt the number of subs will be good enough for a game that target PvP player mainly.
    Like most, I consider ESO to be a SWTOR scenario - but at least SWTOR quality was higher.

Most successful from all announced ?
    EQNext. There is not much too see yet but it seems to be taking the same path as GW2. Being F2P from the start is going to be a major factor.
    The graphical quality is already above ESO/WS - and cartoon style does not age unlike ESO that already feels like a game made a few years ago. And they are using EQN Landmark as a playground to test their engine and game mechanics so they are going to adapt to what player desire.
    They listen very closely to community and have proven (through Landmark) that their are committed to make improvement.

The major difference between WS and EQN - beside F2P vs P2P, is that EQN offer a fresh experience on MMO while WS is a classic MMO

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say ESO ... Wildstar just took too long.

So this year for me I'll be playing both ESO and WoD later when that come out.

Won't even have time to look at Wildstar now

Deleted
    Maybe Wildstar is going to be very good mmo, but this will be a niche game, people don't know about it even in the period of massive pre-release hype,
    ESO is going to crush it with TES fans numbers.
    (I'm not starting any game vs game war, just talking about popularity, sales = success)
    Last edited by mmoca01e16f76d; 2014-02-26 at 01:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well WoD will be the most popular, followed by ESO and EQ Next (whenever that comes out, and will most likely be B2P for a lot of people as they will do the same as EQ Landmark).

I can see all the others not doing that well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thotor View Post
    but at least SWTOR quality was higher.
    Haha did you even play SWTOR, the only thing quality about it was being Star Wars and the Class Quests, some of the normal quests were good, but terrible for a 2nd play through.

The game and engine in itself was bad, nothing quality about the gameplay at all.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2014-02-26 at 02:01 PM.

i'm hoping ESO does well, none of the other upcoming mmo's announced have interested me at all.

i looked up some stuff for wildstar, but decided i felt too old for it, maybe if i was still in my twenties... even wow these days is losing my interest, i guess i've been playing too long.
    <insert witty signature here>

15+ Year Old Account
    None. They are all mediocre at best and wow killed the genre forever. I like ff14 but nowhere near perfect.

I suspect they will all do well (even if some have to transition to different payment models).

They all have some really great aspects that will draw certain demographics to each.

After reading the thread, I've noticed that a lot of people have a very negative opinion of... well, almost every MMO. It's a bit baffling. I am not sure what standard people are using to judge MMOs these days.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

15+ Year Old Account
    For ESO and Wildstar. If they can keep people entertained to sub after the first free 30 days they are golden to do good. If they fail, like many before them, they eventually go F2P to keep numbers high.

EQN is something new on the horizon. A sandbox type of game with some familiar play-style features. EQN: Landmark might become the next Minecraft.

I guess Destiny will cater for the sci-fi fans. And there are a few smaller games (Star Citizen, Gloria Victis, ArcheAge West) that might attract a nice crowd for a while.
    Junglebeast @ Stormscale EU |

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Wildstar will probably be the only mmo coming in the next years that will even make a dent in wow-population.
    The rest of those are shit at best.
    you're off topic, the op don't ask how new MMO will perform against WoW but how will they perform against each other. no one is disputing wow will keep on being the #1, that does not make other MMO uninteresting either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    If developers are just going to keep churning out the same old objectives that demand I grind for hours on end with the same old awful gameplay that offers absolutely no mechanical or intellectual challenges, then they can just shove off.
    To a degree, a lot of the "same old, same old" of the genre is the genre. So to speak. It's not too far from FPS games mostly being about shooting, ARPGs mostly being about repetition, Platformers being about jumping, et cetera.

Now that isn't to say developers have to omit complex mechanics and gameplay schema. However, there is a certain level expectation in the the overall structure of the MMORPG genre.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only one coming out that has a chance to be successful is Wildstar. It's close enough to WoW to be good, but different enough to be it's own experience. ESO will flop like SWtoR and EQNext will just flat out be unpopular in today's MMO market with expectations of current MMO players.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    Maybe Wildstar is going to be very good mmo, but this will be a niche game, people don't know about it even in the period of massive pre-release hype,
    ESO is going to crush it with TES fans numbers.
    (I'm not starting any game vs game war, just talking about popularity, sales = success)
    Having hardcore fans or fanboys did not help Swtor, in fact it doomed it. The real fans have high standards and will call it crap if their imaginary standards are not met. I have lots of rl ESO fans and they pretty much all hate the new mmo, one specifically said, "Who put this class crap in my Eso butter?".

Wildstar will have the most staying power, though probably not the highest numbers by any means.

ESO will have huge numbers at first, then slowly decrease. It will not have a long expansion like WoW did.

EQ Next will have medium numbers at first, and then a lower, albeit respectable number of dedicated players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus the bias in this thread runs deep Elder scrolls has a name behind it so fuck them
    having played both betas I hated Wildstar and actually enjoyed Eso online
    what it really boils down to is what will happen with the sub , if regular content is released ESO online will do fine it will not be a wowkiller but will hold a stable population
    Wildstar do the same
    and Im sure alot of people will jump ship within a month on both of them, these threads really are pointless
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right