Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

HHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLPPPPPP Legendary Cloak Quest issues :-(

So I finally got all my runestones & then my heart of the thunder king today. Now I'm on the part where you have to go get the celestials' blessing & do a challenge. I'm shadow so I'm at the Jade Temple trying & failing miserably at it. I've got him to mirrors one time but I keep dying to a combination of his charge & adds catching up to me. So I decided to come on here to get advice on how to do the damn quest as a shadow priest. Also a friend told me that once you get your cloak, you have access to the other cloaks too from the vendor. Is this correct? If so, would it be easier to do it as a healer & then buy my dps cloak afterwards?

Forgot to link my current spec/glyphs link http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...china/advanced

Yes you can buy more epic cloaks and the item to make them legendary.

As for the challenge, always try to hit him from behind, he takes extra damage. if adds are overwhelming use the void tendrils talent to slow them down and focus on them.

15+ Year Old Account
    So I should be focusing on adds instead of trying to dps him down? I've just been dotting him up & running around with the occasional fear bomb on the adds. I tried dpsing him full on but he hits so damn hard on cloth that I couldn't take more than a couple charges before I died.

Don't really have any advice for doing it as a caster as I was melee. However, if you decide to do the healing one to buy the DPS cloak after, keep in mind the extra cloaks are expensive. You'll get a cloak (for free i think?) for the challenge you do, and extra ones will cost around 7k each.

Edit: May be mistaken, if anyone else would correct me. It may be that you can choose which cloak you want regardless of the challenge you complete.
    Last edited by Basemath; 2014-02-26 at 05:01 AM.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

You can do any challenge for any cloak. I did the healer quest for my shaman to get the DPS cloak as I knew the healing quest was very simple and I was in a rush to get it.

I've got no advice about the ranged quest as I haven't done it but the healing quest is really simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalorna View Post
    You can do any challenge for any cloak. I did the healer quest for my shaman to get the DPS cloak as I knew the healing quest was very simple and I was in a rush to get it.
    This is correct. I did the healer challenge for all my hybrids in a DPS spec mainly because it's faster, just burn the Vision of Deathwing and use heals as needed

Quote Originally Posted by Kalorna View Post

I've got no advice about the ranged quest as I haven't done it but the healing quest is really simple

I would suggest doing the healer challenge. I've done the healer challenge three times: shadow/disc priest, resto druid, and ele shaman. You can pick whichever cloak you want once the challenge is completed. You will not have any issues in full shadow gear with healing spec on the challenge. Void tendrils and divine star make adds evaporate, and if you go disc you can dps the boss making the trial go significantly faster. Atonement alone is almost enough to keep Wrathion up. The ranged dps trial, from what I've heard, is the most difficult, obviously depending on your gear. My mage is my next cloak, so I can't avoid it again lol.

Well I did my cloak quest at 553 ilvl so i found it pretty easy.
    Besides that, avoid all his AoE kill all the adds after you root em and I guess that's it :P Else you can do the healing challenge pretty easily as it was said above :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I struggled with this as well and basically had to cheat. I don't know if they've hot fixed it but when I did it I ran out on to the balcony and jumped up on the railing. He would run towards me but couldn't attack me. He could throw down the things on the ground that I had to move away from but other then that he just stood still and I DPS'd. He'd run back to the middle to do mirrors and after they blew up I jumped down to get him to come back up to me and then jump back up on the railing. Rinse and repeat. I felt dirty but I got my cloak.

10+ Year Old Account
    done it as a tank on my warrior I had the shadow pan quest helper around helping me, did the melee dps on my rogue just found it to be more of a marathon and not a sprint. Just kept up recuperate and ran out when i was low. Just got my last runestone on my druid yesterday. So once I kill the thunder king I will be doing the healing challenge. I only do lfr so I havent been over geared.

15+ Year Old Account
    YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS! I just completed the quest. Found out that they've changed the reward choosing since you guys have apparently done it. You are no longer restricted to picking up the cloak for the challenge you completed but you get to pick which ever cloak you want. Saved me the 7k on buying a second cloak lol.

I don't get what people have trouble with on this quest? low ilvl maybe? I've done the ranged dps one twice (Lock/Hunter) didnt use my pet on my lock even and was able to easily nuke him down? I was ~555 on both at the time of doing it though

I'm getting completely overwhelmed with adds and running out of mana just dotting adds and healing myself. Never get to dps Wrathion as the adds are spawning so fast, I can't even keep up with them and they are tearing me apart. 550 ilevel btw. Tried using the Pi'ju brew from the island and it doesn't seem to help very much. It's just absolutely ridiculous!!! Did it on my moonkin several months ago and was almost disappointed that it was so easy. I am SEVERELY frustrated and ready to give up! I saw a post on Wowhead about using potions instead of flask. Any credence to this? And can you still do the railing trick? I'd love to get this done to try and get the guild achievement! Thanks for any (positive) advice!

I found it really easy to do with 550 gear back when I finished my quest line. So I'm not really sure how to help since I didn't do anything weird.
    Try rooting the adds and then outrun them with feathers while DPSing wrathion or just mind searing them ( I think 2 mind sears were enough to kill them ).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

Spec into feathers to easily outkite the adds, no need to cc or dps them at all. Start out on one end of the room, and once the adds start creeping up on you, feather sprint to the other end of the room.

Wrathion is very helpless once you realize that you can counter his only attack by walking behind him.. keep dots up, don't let adds sneak up on you, and he goes down quite easily.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Get three orbs from creeps outside the temple. Spec pi and insanity when he starts t go behind him he takes extra dmg blow all CDs and pi. Use orbs and insanity him to death he should die in less than 10 seconds it's ez mode. Not sure how anyone's had problems with it.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

10+ Year Old Account
    I did both, healer one was faceroll, DPS one took me a few hours. Take from that what you will.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And also now we can design gear to show off the male human high res nipples/chest hair.

BARELY made it through last night! Stayed up til 1 am trying to get all 4 Celestials...was falling asleep at my keyboard and just said screw it and went to bed. Thanks for all the advice! FYI, you cant use elixers/potions with Crystal of Insanity anymore.
    Used all 3 Pi'jou items, got a healthstone from a warlock friend, the healing item from the "Swamp Thing" dudes in the cavern on Timeless Isle, herbalism healing ability...WHEW! Got so busy with killing the adds that I almost forgot/lost track of the Black Prince...dotted him at the last moment and won. Probably one of the most demanding fights of my WoW life! Tendrils helps some, but not to the extent that it saved me or anything. I'm still not sure what the "feathers" are...I'll have to look into it when the system comes up. Thanks again everyone!

Oh, btw, this was on my spriest, "Robsbankgirl"...lol, and yes, it used to be a pure bank toon!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthonian View Post
    I struggled with this as well and basically had to cheat. I don't know if they've hot fixed it but when I did it I ran out on to the balcony and jumped up on the railing. He would run towards me but couldn't attack me. He could throw down the things on the ground that I had to move away from but other then that he just stood still and I DPS'd. He'd run back to the middle to do mirrors and after they blew up I jumped down to get him to come back up to me and then jump back up on the railing. Rinse and repeat. I felt dirty but I got my cloak.
    2 weeks ago I also got mine on my ele shaman by standing on the railings, made it much easier.