The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dozor View Post
    He was killed by Russian soldier. How this can be unrelated?
    Are you implying that Russians invaded Ukraine to kill that soldier? If not than you have to agree that that was a sad incident. It's not like there was a battle.

And then you should also ask yourself how can you seriously equate a total bombardment of a country (or full scale military invasion) with one incident of death.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    The Russian black sea fleet had a legal contract with Ukraine. Im talking about the SF from the southern military district, probably the same VDV units that have been observed in eastern Ukraine, which probably is from the 7th air assault division, it makes most sense logistically.
    Russia had a legal right to have any troops at its Crimean base. Up to 25k. Not just Black Sea fleet ones.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Skroesec, are you gone completely mental?
    The protests would have been dealt with in the initial 6 months. It's been 2 years and a half of foreign mercenaries killing civilians now. There is nothing left of the free Syrian army, their territories are being grabbed by foreign extremists.
    The ONLY reason of the civil war in Syria being the way it is, is western and saudi arabia's intervention.

Didnt really expect this from you.
    Just wondering: How is Saudi Arabia interfering from the start mutate into "the West"? They are seperate entities. The US and Saudi Arabia barely even see eye to eye anymore, as the US moves it's forces and diplomatic efforts to the Pacific and Saudis feel abandoned. Let's give credit where credit is due, but let's not lump parties with different interests, different planning and different priorities together. If Saudi Arabia had its way, Syria would be occupied by a 250,000 western troops, two years ago.

"The West" joined in later, and the UK and France have always been more belicose than the US, which has been reluctant in public (though seemingly enthusiastic in private). But your generalization is lazy. Just because Saudi Arabia does something in no way implies that the West is ultimately behind it. Maybe 10 years ago, but this is the Age of Obama (I'm being a bit cheeky here), where the Middle East is an afterthought to places of greater significance.

As for "going completely mental", let's look at the scorecard. The West and the Arabs have spent what... a few million dollars on shipping some surplus hardware? Iran has seen it's once forward momentum halted, and then rolled back so that they're weaker than they have been in many, many years (those sanctions helped!). Russia has spent much of the past 3 years so obsessed with Syria, it's missed nearly everything else, even the pre-invasion Ukraine drama until it became too big to miss. Islamic Militants are now localized in one country, surrounded by friendly countries. Hell, we even created a forum for Turkey and Western Europe to work together in over something they care about.

So yeah, I'd be completely mental not to raise a glass to a highly effective policy that has borne substantial fruit for us. It's good to see the US play the asymmetric game for a change and come out on top.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Syrian Civil War was started by USA to remove Assad from power. The only reason the war continues is because it's beneficial to USA (as you were proud about), so they support the rebels, propping them up as you say, to get the war going on and on. Especially in the last 10 month and now TOWs being delivered to rebels as per request from Sauid Arabia, a USA ally who is also interested in topping Assad. So USA and their allies are solely to blame for it.

Just saying...
    You mean the TOWs that the House of Saud already has, and has had for many years? TOWs are common missiles in the world, over 36 countries use it. No one even knows what model of TOW has been used.

The Russian black sea fleet had a legal contract with Ukraine. Im talking about the SF from the southern military district, probably from the same VDV units that have been observed in eastern Ukraine, which probably is from the 7th air assault division, it makes most sense logistically.
    Ok, let's drop this nonsense about the southeast, let's focus on Crimea. If there were Russian army special forces present in Crimea, what was their task in your opinion? Because I dont even see a reason to deploy them, not only would it take an entire operation planned to do it (you cant simply come to Crimea, the ground access in extremely limited and easily monitored, you have to come by air or by sea and do it undetected), it makes no sense - there wes nothing to do for people with that kind of training.

Russia had a legal right to have any troops at its Crimean base. Up to 25k. Not just Black Sea fleet ones.
    I know that, they had no right occupy Ukrainian military and civilian infrastructure though.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would Syrians start a civil war? Civil wars can begin for several reasons:
    1. Revolution/Coup happened and then country got divided, shit hit the fan and civil war breaks out
    2. Foreign incursion - enforcing the opposition, arming it, organizing protests, provoking or staging violent response, instigating civilians with propaganda, demonizing current government. And then the point is reached and the shit breaks loose.

Syria got the number 2. Saudi's played the role of course, but being USA allies I doubt USA didn't know about that and didn't gave them a green light. And then of course started supporting rebels, practically openly. Propaganda machine is running at 146%.

Make up your mind. On its own or USA fuels it?
    To think that Syria was a united country before the civil war is naive to the extreme....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    You mean the TOWs that the House of Saud already has, and has had for many years? TOWs are common missiles in the world, over 36 countries use it. No one even knows what model of TOW has been used.
    I only know that Obama visited Saudi Arabia exactly to discuss TOWs being provided to Syrian rebels. And then Syrian rebels got TOWs. 1+1=2
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Ok, let's drop this nonsense about the southeast, let's focus on Crimea. If there were Russian army special forces present in Crimea, what was their task in your opinion? Because I dont even see a reason to deploy them, not only would it take an entire operation planned to do it (you cant simply come to Crimea, the ground access in extremely limited and easily monitored, you have to come by air or by sea and do it undetected), it makes no sense - there wes nothing to do for people with that kind of training.
    There were plenty of troops flown in by choppers and aircraft but they could have just as well gone in covertly as civilians.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    To think that Syria was a united country before the civil war is naive to the extreme....
    Not a single country in the world is united in the sense you seem to be implying. That's not a reason to start killing each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    So would you support foreign mercenaries in your country aswell?
    We have them. They're called your best and brightest, who come here for education, then to live, enrich themselves, start a life, have children, and through their work, better and empower the Untied States.

Sergei Brin, co-founder and real brains of Google, is Russian. That Google is an American company and not a Russian company is a testament to the enormity of Russia's post-Soviet failure. Russia got better at drilling for gas, your "foreign mercenaries" came here and started the most revolutionary company in decades.

Oh, and by the way, Google? Major Defense IT contractor now, and it's looking to move up in the world in that.

Cheers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you implying that Russians invaded Ukraine to kill that soldier? If not than you have to agree that that was a sad incident. It's not like there was a battle.

And then you should also ask yourself how can you seriously equate a total bombardment of a country (or full scale military invasion) with one incident of death.

- - - Updated - - -

It is reported to have exceeded the number of helicopters and armored vehicles though. Most of the troops in Crimea were not combat troops, and the equipment they were allowed reflected this.

10+ Year Old Account
    There were plenty of troops flown in by choppers and aircraft but they could have just as well gone in covertly as civilians.
    Oh they were planted some 20-30 years ago into unsuspecting Ukrainian women so after some 20-30 years by the time Crimea seceded they were ready.

He was killed by Russian soldier. How this can be unrelated?
    Ukrainian soldier was off duty inside Russian military facility. I dont see how it's related to the situation. Dozens of people are killed around the world everyday for trespassing inside military objects. Are you gonna make a big deal out of every one of them?

Ah, yes, russophobes from Lviv came to genocide Crimean russians...
    Nope, probably a provocation attempt to make the self-defence and Ukrainian military start shooting each other. Unfortunately, neither were armed.

There is a crapton of photos of tatar burial ceremony and a video where this guy gets put in a car by unknown men before he went missing.
    Yet there is no proof that was done by someone involved in the situation discussed and has anything to do with his nationality.

Deleted
    It was a stable secular nation.
    Hopefully it'll get back there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    Sergei Brin, co-founder and real brains of Google, is Russian.
    Only by roots. At the age of 6 he was in USA. He received American upbringing, education, and of course his business is American.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only know that Obama visited Saudi Arabia exactly to discuss TOWs being provided to Syrian rebels. And then Syrian rebels got TOWs. 1+1=2
    (1+1-2)*100 still equals 0. You have nothing. You don't even know where they came from. The Turks also have them, as does Jordan. Hell, Iran makes a copy of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    We have them. They're called your best and brightest, who come here for education, then to live, enrich themselves, start a life, have children, and through their work, better and empower the Untied States.

Sergei Brin, co-founder and real brains of Google, is Russian. That Google is an American company and not a Russian company is a testament to the enormity of Russia's post-Soviet failure. Russia got better at drilling for gas, your "foreign mercenaries" came here and started the most revolutionary company in decades.

Oh, and by the way, Google? Major Defense IT contractor now, and it's looking to move up in the world in that.

Cheers.
    So? Good for them I guess? Or are you suggesting that they are on a mission to take over America now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a single country in the world is united in the sense you seem to be implying. That's not a reason to start killing each other.
    Most countries (or at least civilized ones) to not require force of arms to keep the opposition in line.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    It was a stable secular nation.
    Hopefully it'll get back there.
    Stable in so much as Assad is an iron fisted dictator who booked no opposition. Yugoslavia was also "stable".

This is a good video.

Notice the masked guys in the background setting up the Konkurs ATGM, you couldnt even fool my granny to believe they are militia.

Stable in so much as Assad is an iron fisted dictator who booked no opposition. Yugoslavia was also "stable".
    What makes him a dictator then? I guess Emir of Qatar and King of Saudi Arabia are dictators aswell? And yes, Yugoslavia was stable.