Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Mage] Siege of Orgrimmar Hints and Tips

I see that the Arcane Guide on this forum has a nice Normal Guide to the Seige of Orgrimmar as composed by CYCOBI

I hope Cycobi doesn’t mind, but I thought it would be a nice thing to have this guide for all specs, and to allow us to include a hints and tips for Normal or Heroic Modes.

By having it as a new thread it also allows for tweaks, comments and new tips to be added.

It goes without saying that all fights depend on an awful lot of variables, ie 10/25 man, make up of party classes, gear level, specific guild assignment etc and so no guide is going to be 100% perfect for everything every time, but at least this gives a nice starter template to work from.

If people post their own ideas I will endeavor to keep the first post up to date

Once again though I take no credit for the original post and bear in mind the original post is from an Arcane perspective. I have tried to indicate the specific Arcane Glyph/Talent choices.

Unless otherwise stated this is the Normal version of a per-boss guide for SoO

Siege of Orgrimmar

Originally Composed by CYCOBI

[foolosophy] As a Fire mage, you never want to spec out of Presence of Mind, so all references to Blazing Speed do not apply to the Fire Mage.

[Saegno] People seem to overlook the usefulness of Glyph of Ice Block. The 3 second immunity to spells is very nice for fights where you want to avoid damage but don't want to lose a lot of DPS time from sitting in your Iceblock

[Nezek] For Arcane I don't agree with all these blazing speed preferences! Icey Floes is the best talent since sliced bread, I use it on every encounters when playing Arcane, I wouldn't use anything else! I don't see how you can not use it, it allows you to position yourself and cast whilst doing so, unlike blazing speed which you need to travel first before any other hard cast activity is possible, I'd seriously re-think your choices, the problem players have nowadays is that they are not comfortable with casting and moving, and it throws people off abit, I urge you all to actually try it until you get used to it, I guarantee it'll boost your DPS, a lot.

Immerseus:
    Talents - Blazing Speed (not fire mage, stay with Presence of Mind), Temporal Shield, Cauterize, Living Bomb

Arcane Notes
    Place two Runes next to each other and move progressively and as little as possible after each puddle spawns. Don't try saving Charges for the adds, Charges will run out. Get them into the boss if/where possible.

[abhorsen] Alter Time will reset your stacks of Sha Corruption so if you burst off the bat you can usually go to 4-5 stacks and then have it reset when Alter Time wears off (mostly only as Arcane).

General Notes
    Temporal Shield when the adds are getting close to the boss so you don't create strain for the healers

Fallen Protectors:
    Talents
    - Blazing Speed (not fire mage, stay with Presence of Mind), Temporal Shield, Greater Invisibility, Nether Tempest

General Notes
    - Can Greater Invis the Rogue Garrotes and can Temporal Shield the Keg-Toss like ability to give freecast
    - Maintain Nether Tempest on all possible targets which will live long enough for it to tick properly unless you're told not to

Heroic Notes
    [D3athstring] - Ice block can be used to soak mark of anguish as the add will keep attacking you dealing no dmg, you can pass it to another mage when IB is going to expire.

Norushen:
    Talents - Blazing Speed (not fire mage), Temporal Shield, Greater Invisibility, Living Bomb

General Notes
    - Can use Greater Invisibility to soak the Blind Hatred to minimize movement.
    - Leave (up to 3 total) DoTs up on the adds if you haven't been purified to get maximum damage onto the boss through Foul Link and focus DPS one of these mobs before re-Dotting a new target
    - Blazing Speed and Double-Blink glyph are great for this boss for the extra movement capability.

[abhorsen] You can Blink through the Blind Hatred, however be careful of the bumps on the ground as if you try and Blink into these it doesn't end well (also double check your Blink cooldown before you start walking into the Blind Hatred *facepalm*).

[Intervir] You can save the Mirror Images to the trial, all the adds will focus on them and you will be free to cast (they took reduced damage from the big add, AoE damage).

Arcane Notes
    While in the Solo Realm, don't bother with Rune of Power, just be careful with the number of spells you're using to manage your mana.

[abhorsen]
    As Arcane remember that damage done to adds will also be reflected to the boss so dot up adds where possible even if you're designated to zerg the boss.

Sha of Pride:
    Talents - Blazing Speed (not fire mage), Frostjaw**, Temporal Shield, Cauterize, Living Bomb
    Glyphs - Glyph of Cone of Cold

General Notes:
    [willemh] Trying to maximise aoe burst on sha of pride is one of the most stupid things to do. There is no reason to kill these adds at all as they have no abilities whatsoever and don't hit hard on the tank. They will just die from random cleaves of classes that don't loose single target DPS by killing them. Focus DPS on the boss, pacman illusions and the big side adds instead.

Frost Notes:
    [Grackin/Dankestbuds] **Frostjaw on the big add. Spam a macro that casts Frostjaw then Deep Freeze on the same button because the Frostjaw breaks insanely fast most of the time. Sometimes your deep freeze doesn't go off, but that's just the risk. Just quickly mash this macro until the deep freeze goes off or fails. The macro resets when you switch targets.

/castsequence reset=target Frostjaw, Deep Freeze

Arcane Notes
    - When small adds are about to spawn, hold 4 stacks and burn a little mana to prevent them dropping, instantly CoC them, followed by Barrage onto them and then spam AE for maximum AoE burst potential

- Place your second Rune onto the prison segment you'll be running onto to allow for casting while you're standing there to free people

Heroic Notes:
    [abhorsen] On Heroic we found that tanks could handle killing the Reflections easily, no need for ranged to swap to them

Galakras:
    Talents - Blazing Speed (not fire mage, stay with Presence of Mind), Frostjaw**, Temporal Shield, Cauterize, Living Bomb (Nether Tempest for padding ONLY, LB better for progress)
    Glyphs - (Arcane, Glyph of Slow increases the cast time of the Shaman's spells.[Kathos])

General Notes
    - Follow your guild's kill priority
    - Help out on Shaman interrupts where needed

[abhorsen]
    - Living Bomb is generally better for progression on this unless your guilds cleave dps really sucks, it basically just translates to more damage on the important targets (Tidal Shamans, Bonecrushers etc).

- You should be able to reliably Counterspell the Tidal Shamans when they spawn in order to get them to come to the tanks quicker

[sakku] Slow fall > blazing speed+jump allows you to go from one tower to the other (rope).

Arcane Notes:
    [abhorsen] As Arcane, when you're at 4 stacks of AB, redot where possible (only if they've fallen off) and then use the Arcane Missiles procs from this while balancing your mana so you don't cap by casting Arcane Blasts where necessary, while the cleave from a Arcane Barrage might provide more AoE the 4 stacked Arcane Missiles will help more for bursting down important targets.

Frost Notes:
    [Grackin] HEROIC **Frostjaw on Grunts when attacking the tower in Heroic Galakras. Spam a macro that casts Frostjaw then Deep Freeze on the same button because the Frostjaw breaks insanely fast most of the time. Sometimes your deep freeze doesn't go off, but that's just the risk. Just quickly mash this macro until the deep freeze goes off or fails. The macro resets when you switch targets.

Iron Juggernaut:
    Talents - Blazing Speed (not fire mage, stay with Presence of Mind), Temporal Shield, Cauterize/Greater Invisibility*, Living Bomb

General Notes:
    [syntactic] Use Temperal Shield to disarm one of the Crawler Mines if needed.
    [stX3] During knockback/bombardment phase, if you jump on a bomb so that your in the air when knock back goes out you take no damage nor get knocked back.

[Kathos] You can blink the mines without taking any damage. You have to be very quick though and it may not work with latency issues.
    [Sakku] With a hand of protection and double-blink, you can detonate 3 mines without taking any damage. (Detonate > blink (instant grounded) > detonate > blink > detonate.
    *[pyromelter] Greater Invisibility works to negate 90% of the damage if you are jumping on bombs, IMO Greater Invisibility > Cauterize for that one.

Arcane Notes

Place your Rune and position yourself next to a wall or a fence so that during knockback you won't move and can continue freecasting
    Use Temporal Shield to soak the red circles apart from in P2 when there's a barrage of them

Dark Shaman:
    Talents - Blazing Speed (not fire mage, stay with Presence of Mind), Temporal Shield, Cauterize, Living Bomb/Nether Tempest based on strategy (Living Bomb for split, NT for stacked)

General Notes:
    [Resania] For Dark Shaman if you split them ask your raid leader kindly if you can be with the melee on haromm as it involves little to no movement after you get over to the corner (even on hc all you have to watch out for is Iron Tombs) it's no problem on 25m not sure if 10m is more strict.

[dankestbuds] - HC dark shamans: Greater Invisibility is a no brainer for Iron Prison. (see below)
    [blaxter] - re-the above statement. [Cauterize and] Temporal shield is better imho. With cauterize you avoid random deaths
    [Henzington] - Since temporal shield also reduces damage taken and it isn't on the gcd it is great for completely dealing with iron prison and also is great for the ash.
    [jamesmarcus] Greater Invisibility can dispel toxicity on shamans

Arcane Notes
    - Try chaining Runes together to allow for more movement, but always keep an eye on the Toxic Storm/Toxic Tornados as they will move in set patterns

Fire Notes:
    [abhorsen] As Fire open on the dogs if you're a Troll as the extra 5% damage will give a greater combust and thus more damage to the bosses, plus burning the dogs down is very important too.

[abhorsen] As Fire you're not gonna be topping damage on the oozes any time soon, I found just putting a Flamestrike down in the generally area was enough and other dps could deal with them better than me spamming Blizzard.

General Nazgrim:
    Talents - Blazing Speed (not fire mage, stay with Presence of Mind), Temporal Shield, Greater Invisibility, Living Bomb,
    Glyphs - (Arcane: Glyph of Arcane Power) Glyph of Counterspell if you want to help on interrupts where needed

General Notes
    - Save second set of Cooldowns (AT, AP etc) for second Berserker phase, should be popping BL here

[Saegno] DOTs that do not cause damage upon application do NOT cause his rage to go up in defensive stance. That means that any of our mage bombs will damage him with zero repercussions.
    Invis does not drop aggro on the Assassins. Also should note, pet attacks do not cause rage gain either but moves like kill command do, even though the pet does it(So pretty much pet white hits/bolts).

[katmage] Not a good idea to use invisibility to drop aggro on the Assassin since you'll just catch one of your raid members unawares and possibly kill them... someone has to facetank it, might as well be you.

Malkorok:
    Talents - Blazing Speed (not fire mage, stay with Presence of Mind), Temporal Shield/Ice Barrier*, Greater Invisibility, Living Bomb,
    Glyphs - Glyph of Rapid Displacement

General Notes
    - Blink to negate the knock-ups
    - Temporal Shield/Greater Invis to soak to prevent losing Miasma shield

*[katmage] Ice Barrier is better for Malk, the damage reduction and healing of temporal is nice in general but the absorb will save your life if your shield isn't topped (on Heroic at least).

Heroic Notes:
    [dankestubs] - Greater Invisibility + rocket boots lets you clear 5-10 orbs (depending on their placement) on heroic Malkorok.

Spoils of Pandaria:
    Talents - Blazing Speed (not fire mage, stay with Presence of Mind), Temporal Shield, Cauterize/Greater Invisibility, Nether Tempest

General Notes
    - Nether Tempest everything to get full benefit but don't lose track of priority targets and maintain DPS on them

[Saegno] There are buffs on the Klaxxi side that you can spellsteal. One is a HoT that is nice but the big one is a 50% damage buff that lasts for like 25-30 seconds, so well worth the mana to snag it.

* The chance for random deaths are slim on this so I would recommend G. Invis.

When you get the bombs on you you can ignore dropping them, stand away from others when it's about to explode and easily soak it all with G. Invis(or Iceblock). If you wanna go big leagues you can also soak/chain reaction other bombs during the 3 second window.

[Kathos]
    - On Spoils HC, I like running Cold Snap for blocking the bombs
    - On Spoils HC, spellsteal the buffs to help your raid, however the dps buff does not provide a dps boost (source:Vykina)

[Hezington] The buff cast by the Wind Wielder is a huge damage increase and should be spellstolen as soon as possible [DeathDefier] this will not uncrease personal damage though, but still needs to be stolen/purged to prevent tank damage.

Arcane Notes
    - Try and maximise use of Nether Tempest to get as many 4-stack Arcane Missiles out as possible, and also do what you can to maximise Barrage cleave

Thok:
    Talents - Blazing Speed (not fire mage, stay with Presence of Mind), Temporal Shield, Cauterize/Greater Invisibility*, Living Bomb

Glyphs: - Consider Glyph of FrostFire Bolt*

General Notes:
    [Saegno]
    * Greater Invis is better IMO. It can remove the poison if dispels are getting stretched thin and if you get targeted by Thok, Greater Invis will cause him to stand still for a few seconds and then retarget someone, giving your DPS precious seconds of free dps time on him(Vanish on rouges does the same thing). Technically reg Invis will drop the aggro too, but who has time to wait for it to kick in when you can just hit a button and go right back to nuking him. Addendum. it's only really practical when you are ready to push and want some extra time on the boss.

[stX3] With reference to Greater Invisibility, each time he does another fixate he will gain speed, so if you invis the early fixates you will just cause him to move faster, earlier than if you kite, leading to a dps loss/deaths. I would only suggest using this when he reaches non kite-able move speed.

[Kathos]
    *You could run glyph of FFB, if you get your Fire school locked out, you can cast FFB instead without dps loss

Arcane Notes
    - Run as much haste as you can if your guild is having difficulties killing this; if Arcane Blast/Missiles are sub-1.5s casts you can get them off in between each Deafening Screech, even at maximum Acceleration

Heroic Notes:
    [pyromelter] - Greater Invisibility helps clearing DoT's and debuffs on Thok

Siegecrafter Blackfuse:
    Talents - Blazing Speed (not fire mage, stay with Presence of Mind), Temporal Shield, Cauterize, Living Bomb

General Notes:
    [Saegno] Be careful about using G. Invis when targeted by the crawler mines. It causes them to drop aggro and retarget another person. I have a feeling that this is like pre-fix H Horridon where the person has no clue they are being targeted by the mine.

[Sakku]
    - You can use invisibility (fd/vanish/spectral guise work too) if you're targeted by saw. It cancels his cast and puts it on cooldown. [stX3] You need to be fast for it to work (see later comments)
    - If you have to go to the belt, ask for a levitate. It negates auto-moving of the belt.

[stX3] With regards to invisibility. I did Ginvis sawblade last week with positive result, but our hunter was unable to FD it. And same night(last week) during duality raid it seemed like their hunter could not do it either as he was complaining that it did not work any more. This week when I tried it again it failed to work, but I might(most properly) have been 0.5-1s too late on the cast. My point here is you need to be fast! and you also need to be moving out as you don't want to fail this standing in the middle of your raid =)

Heroic Notes:
    [jamesmarcus] - You can alter time back on the belt on siegecrafter, our hc
    [theoriestLA] - Greater Invisibility is awesome for saw blades in magnet phase on Heroic Siegecrafter. As soon as he targets you just pop GI and no saw blade will come out.

Klaxxi Paragons:
    Talents - Blazing Speed (not fire mage, stay with Presence of Mind), FrostJaw**, Temporal Shield, Cauterize/Greater Invisibility*, Living Bomb

General Notes:
    [Saegno] * I would run G. Invis. With it you can solo soak an Aim no problem, causing less stress on your DPS and Heals. You can't use regular nova on the bloods but frostjaw does work on them. A Frostjaw into LB(Shattered LB ticks, yes please) does wonders on them.
    [jamesmarcus] - glyph oh polymorph for klaxxi scorpions to keep them cc'd

Frost Notes:
    [Grackin] **Frostjaw on bloods during Paragons, I spam a macro that casts Frostjaw then Deep Freeze on the same button because the Frostjaw breaks insanely fast most of the time. Sometimes your deep freeze doesn't go off, but that's just the risk involved in trying to bring more utility to the raid. The deep freeze stun has saved my raid a few times when a normal stunner died. Just quickly mash this macro until the deep freeze goes off or fails. The macro resets when you switch targets.

Arcane Notes
    - ST focus main target, cleave off others with Barrage because it's passive but it's also useless

Garrosh:
    Talents - Blazing Speed (not fire mage, stay with Presence of Mind), Temporal Shield, Cauterize, Living Bomb,
    Glyphs - Glyph of Cone of Cold, Glyph of Rapid Displacement*

General Notes
    - Cauterize stops random deaths from shit like MC, etc
    *[dankestbuds] -If you're stuck on siege engineer duty for garrosh, double blink glyph is pretty nice for getting out there and getting back quickly.

Arcane Notes
    - Rune placement is important here as it's crucial to place it in such a way that you can effectively minimise all unnecessary movement, if you're using "stack at X, move to Y, kill weapon at X vice versa etc" tactic, Blink as soon as he's casted Desecrate and Blazing Speed as well to get into position before anyone else so you don't lose time
    Last edited by mmocc54c769543; 2013-10-21 at 12:30 PM.

Deleted
    For Dark Shaman if you split them ask your raid leader kindly if you can be with the melee on haromm as it involves little to no movement after you get over to the corner (even on hc all you have to watch out for is Iron Tombs) it's no problem on 25m not sure if 10m is more strict.

Deleted
    Ice Barrier is better for Malk, the damage reduction and healing of temporal is nice in general but the absorb will save your life if your shield isn't topped (on Heroic at least). Further (nazgrim), not a good idea to invis to drop aggro on the Assassin since you'll just catch one of your raid members unawares and possibly kill them... someone has to facetank it, might as well be you.

Trying to maximise aoe burst on sha of pride is one of the most stupit things to do. There is no reason to kill these adds at all as they have no abilities whatsoever and dont hit hard on the tank. They will just die from random cleaves of classes that dont loose single target dps by killing them. Focus dps on the boss, pacman illusions and the big side adds instead.

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    Trying to maximise aoe burst on sha of pride is one of the most stupit things to do. There is no reason to kill these adds at all as they have no abilities whatsoever and dont hit hard on the tank. They will just die from random cleaves of classes that dont loose single target dps by killing them. Focus dps on the boss, pacman illusions and the big side adds instead.
    Are you kidding? AoE on those adds is a HUGE priority

Deleted
    Thank you for the updates. Front page updated.

Quote Originally Posted by katmage View Post
    Ice Barrier is better for Malk, the damage reduction and healing of temporal is nice in general but the absorb will save your life if your shield isn't topped (on Heroic at least). Further (nazgrim), not a good idea to invis to drop aggro on the Assassin since you'll just catch one of your raid members unawares and possibly kill them... someone has to facetank it, might as well be you.
    I was just reading on the mage thread on the icy veins guide a similar conclusion. To quote koviko

On the Malkorok encounter, Temporal Shield does not work as one might expect. Mages are accustomed to using this ability for predictable, strong attacks, so it may seem natural to use it on this encounter to soak the Imploding Energy void zones. However, the Ancient Barrier mechanic prevents you from actually taking damage (the damage is considered "absorbed"), so your Temporal Shield will only trigger if you end up using your entire Barrier and the damage dips into your actual health.
    As such, you should probably use Ice Barrier on this fight.

As a Fire mage, you never want to spec out of Presence of Mind.. So I think you should make that clear in the guide, especially for the new players.

Deleted
    for Iron Juggernaut: use Temperal Shield to disarm one of the Crawler Mines if needed.

Things I can think of for now:

Dark Shamans
    • As Fire open on the dogs if you're a Troll as the extra 5% damage will give a greater combust and thus more damage to the bosses, plus burning the dogs down is very important too.
    • As Fire you're not gonna be topping damage on the oozes any time soon, I found just putting a Flamestrike down in the generally area was enough and other dps could deal with them better than me spamming Blizzard.

Galakras
    •*Living Bomb is generally better for progression on this unless your guilds cleave dps really sucks, it basically just translates to more damage on the important targets (Tidal Shamans, Bonecrushers etc).
    • As Arcane, when you're at 4 stacks of AB, redot where possible (only if they've fallen off) and then use the Arcane Missiles procs from this while balancing your mana so you don't cap by casting Arcane Blasts where necessary, while the cleave from a Arcane Barrage might provide more AoE the 4 stacked Arcane Missiles will help more for bursting down important targets.
    •*You should be able to reliably Counterspell the Tidal Shamans when they spawn in order to get them to come to the tanks quicker.

Immerseus
    • Alter Time will reset your stacks of Sha Corruption so if you burst off the bat you can usually go to 4-5 stacks and then have it reset when Alter Time wears off (mostly only as Arcane).

Sha of Pride
    • On Heroic we found that tanks could handle killing the Reflections easily, no need for ranged to swap to them so not sure what you're on about there Voltaa, perhaps you thought he meant Manifestations or the Banishment ones?

Norushen
    • As Arcane remember that damage done to adds will also be reflected to the boss so dot up adds where possible even if you're designated to zerg the boss.
    • You can Blink through the Blind Hatred, however be careful of the bumps on the ground as if you try and Blink into these it doesn't end well (also double check your Blink cooldown before you start walking into the Blind Hatred *facepalm*).

Probably more but I'm pretty tired, will update if I think of any.

Oh and from tonight I am 99% sure that Invisibility will not drop the aggro from Assassins on Nazgrim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    In 25m at least the dps priority goes: corrupted fragments, big adds, boss. The adds are easily cleaved down by a tank and to aoe them at all is a waste, just meter padding.

edit: I don't know why you've quoted the conversation in the boss tips at all, that'll just cause confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    I will just repeat why I stated dpsing reflection adds is completely pointless.

1) They barely do any damage to the tank
    2) They have no abilities whatsoever.
    3) There are classes who can cleave these adds down without significantly lowering (or even improving) their damage output on more important targets (corrupted fragments and sha himself).

Now if you could please tell me why dpsing those adds is a HUGE priority that would actually be beneficial to the players reading this post. Instead of throwing out some unsubstantiated comment like this that only bring confusion to players reading it.

ya, that's my bad, I was thinking that the reflection swings caused pride, our adds are never up for more than about 2 seconds and our raid leader is constantly telling us to get them down ASAP so I just kinda went with it, didn't read the dungeon journal til today and ya...turns out there's really no reason why we do that.

Edit: sorry if I have caused any confusion, it's time for bed.
    Last edited by voltaa; 2013-10-14 at 04:09 PM.

Deleted
    First page updated with comments added...

Arcane is amazing on Nazgrim. The add damage is spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
    Norushen
    • You can Blink through the Blind Hatred, however be careful of the bumps on the ground as if you try and Blink into these it doesn't end well (also double check your Blink cooldown before you start walking into the Blind Hatred *facepalm*).
    this is the biggest pain in the ass. I try to always stand on the cement inner circle now as I died to blink clipping on the tiles and going nowhere (which resulted in a 50mil wipe). I mean, it is fairly common and happens all the time because the spell is garbage but yeh, in the heat of a fight you sometimes forget. So absolutely make sure youre on the very inner circle or very outer circle for that fight.

Deleted
    On Juggernaut during knockback/bombardment phase, if you jump on a bomb so that your in the air when knock back goes out you take no damage nor get knocked back.
    Guess its not so mage specific but it's still a nice way to avoid the damage from knock back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Couple tips I would add.

On Nazgrim, DOTs that do not cause damage upon application do NOT cause his rage to go up in defensive stance. That means that any of our mage bombs will damage him with zero repercussions. Invis does not drop aggro on the Assassins. Also should note, pet attacks do not cause rage gain either but moves like kill command do, even though the pet does it(So pretty much pet white hits/bolts).

On Thok G. Invis is better IMO. It can remove the poison if dispels are getting stretched thin and if you get targeted by Thok, G. Invis will cause him to stand still for a few seconds and then retarget someone, giving your DPS precious seconds of free dps time on him(Vanish on rouges does the same thing). Technically reg Invis will drop the aggro too, but who has time to wait for it to kick in when you can just hit a button and go right back to nuking him?

On Paragons I would run G. Invis. With it you can solo soak an Aim no problem, causing less stress on your DPS and Heals. You can't use regular nova on the bloods but frostjaw does work on them. A Frostjaw into LB(Shattered LB ticks, yes please) does wonders on them.

On Spoils there are buff on the Klaxxi side that you can spellsteal. One is a HoT that is nice but the big one is a 50% damage buff that lasts for like 25-30 seconds, so well worth the mana to snag it. The chance for random deaths are slim on this so I would recommend G. Invis. When you get the bombs on you you can ignore dropping them, stand away from others when it's about to explode and easily soak it all with G. Invis(or Iceblock). If you wanna go big leagues you can also soak/chain reaction other bombs during the 3 second window.

On Blackfuse, be careful about using G. Invis when targeted by the crawler mines. It causes them to drop aggro and retarget another person. I have a feeling that this is like pre-fix H Horridon where the person has no clue they are being targeted by the mine.

On a side note, people seem to overlook the usefulness of Glyph of Ice Block. The 3 second immunity to spells is very nice for fights where you want to avoid damage but don't want to lose a lot of DPS time from sitting in your Iceblock.
    Last edited by Saegno; 2013-10-15 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Deleted
    Really good thread, I'm at work so I will give a couple of tips from the top of my head, will do the rest later.

-You can blink the mines on Iron Juggernaut without taking any damage
    -On Spoils HC, I like running Cold Snap for blocking the bombs
    -On Spoils HC, spellsteal the buffs to help your raid, however the dps buff does not provide a dps boost (source:Vykina)
    -On Thok, you could run glyph of FFB, if you get your Fire school locked out, you can cast FFB instead without dps loss

What is meant by this btw?
    - Can Temporal Shield the Keg-Toss like ability to give freecast

That means that you can stand still and continue to cast without moving out of the red circle (dont know HC damage yet.).

For iron juggernaut, with a hand of protection and double-blink, you can detonate 3 mines without taking any damage.
    (Detonate > blink (instant grounded) > detonate > blink > detonate.

On siegecrafter, you can invis (fd/vanish/spectral guise work too) if you're targeted by saw. It cancel his cast and put it on cooldown.

On siegecrafter, if you have to go to the belt, ask a levitate. It negates auto-moving of the belt.

On galakras, slow fall > blazing speed+jump allows you to go from one tower to the other (rope).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakku View Post
    That means that you can stand still and continue to cast without moving out of the red circle (dont know HC damage yet.).
    Thanks, maybe I'm remembering it wrong but doesn't he throw them faster if he hits people with it? Purposely getting hit with TS up might be bad overall.