t16 4pc or 2pc + warforged?

Hey guys, sorry if this has been answered before but I couldn't find any threads about it here.

My shadowpriest alt has the luck of having some warforged pieces. I saw Drye's thread about his BiS list but I don't have the most optimal warforged pieces and I don't know if it's up-to-date since it was made a while back. I have immerseus helm and blackfuse gloves, but spoils of pandaria's chest instead of thok's one.

Is it worth it with that setup to drop 4pc and use 2pc + those warforged? If it is, I have some further questions if someone who's good at this can enlighten me further -

Are there any scenarios where 4pc would be better than 2pc + warforged? Say like Iron Juggernaut if you rolled with DI or something?
    How much of a DPS increase are we talking about here? Is it minimal enough that lucky RNG can sometimes make 4pc better?

Thanks a lot.

EDIT: Just to clarify as well, these are all heroic pieces. Forgot to mention that.

Tried it on two fights this week (paragons/garrosh) and so far it doesn't feel much different. It's supposedly slightly more DPS but having huge MB/SW: D hits feel a lot better to me to be honest. Right now for me it's about 190 int, 540 crit, 130 mastery and 20 haste vs 2% damage (3-4% if i'm running DI on a single target fight like IJ, less if i'm not running DI and it's a multi-dot fight).

Good tradeoff? Guess it depends. I will stick with it for now and see how it goes after a couple more weeks.

Deleted
    I ran sims on the two not too long ago, and they're extremely close in value. 2P+WF wins out slightly on multidot. 4P slightly better for single target.

I have also run both, and the differnce is not noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jomu View Post
    I ran sims on the two not too long ago, and they're extremely close in value.
    Less than 2% avg diff, I.E. less than proc RNG, tripping while running, getting targetted by laser one more time, etc. I.e. not significantly distinguishable from random events.

Deleted
    might be useful to someone on this topic;

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...nc&usp=sharing

That's patchwork single target, patchwork 2 targets, patch 3 targets.
    Garrosh p1 is basically a single target with 6 adds spawning every 30sec that last 10sec
    Shamans is 2 targets with 10 adds spawning every 30sec for 10sec
    Then Hectic Add Cleave 1 and 2 targets.

The gear sets were 4pc with legs as offpiece. and 2pc was immerseus helm, fusespark gloves and legs as offpiece. Both sets used crit+mastery 1:1 at around 579/580 ilvl. Rest of the gear is what's used in my armory currently (28/2/14)

I've decided to go with 2pc, spriests strengths are in multidotting not single target so I thought I'd gear towards my strengths. i do kinda miss the 1.5m mind blasts but honestly they were so rare I'd rather have the consistency of constant stat gain.

I did find it kind of interesting that if you were optimizing for every fight then 18.2k with 4set (probably the most common setup these days) is never the best option for any fight type ^^

Anyways, as pointed out above the differences are TINY. I was playing around with graphing them a little (see the tabs) and well yea... it's just not a noticeable difference on overall damage - all the gearsets were well within the margin of RNG of each other so it's not like you could change and have any perceivable difference on the next fight. The sample size you'd need to notice would be more than humanly possible to accomplish.
    Last edited by mmocc73a7e76d4; 2014-02-28 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    might be useful to someone on this topic;

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...nc&usp=sharing

That's patchwork single target, patchwork 2 targets, patch 3 targets.
    Garrosh p1 is basically a single target with 6 adds spawning every 30sec that last 10sec
    Shamans is 2 targets with 10 adds spawning every 30sec for 10sec
    Then Hectic Add Cleave 1 and 2 targets.

The gear sets were 4pc with legs as offpiece. and 2pc was immerseus helm, fusespark gloves and legs as offpiece. Both sets used crit+mastery 1:1 at around 579/580 ilvl. Rest of the gear is what's used in my armory currently (28/2/14)

I've decided to go with 2pc, spriests strengths are in multidotting not single target so I thought I'd gear towards my strengths. i do kinda miss the 1.5m mind blasts but honestly they were so rare I'd rather have the consistency of constant stat gain.

I did find it kind of interesting that if you were optimizing for every fight then 18.2k with 4set (probably the most common setup these days) is never the best option for any fight type ^^

Anyways, as pointed out above the differences are TINY. I was playing around with graphing them a little (see the tabs) and well yea... it's just not a noticeable difference on overall damage - all the gearsets were well within the margin of RNG of each other so it's not like you could change and have any perceivable difference on the next fight. The sample size you'd need to notice would be more than humanly possible to accomplish.
    Thanks for this, good stuff.

4pc only reliable(and still only comparable) replacement once you can have heroic 4pc, you'll be able to run heroic warforged shoulders/helm/legs(from earlier bosses killed more often) before you can reliably access all your heroic tier.