View Poll Results: How do you feel about MoP as it comes to a close? Was your experience...

Voters
401. This poll is closed
  • Positive

258 64.34%
  • Negative

88 21.95%
  • Indifferent

45 11.22%
  • Other (explain below)

10 2.49%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Had some neat new features. Hoping that WoD does the same.

Someone had a similar thread a few weeks ago, my opinion is still pretty much the same.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...3#post25177903

PvP and world PvE is still remarkably disappointing and the game is lacking serious innovation that is giving competing MMOs an edge, although raid, scenario and dungeon content was solid and the art design was wonderful.

Loved MoP, from the setting, to the story and the beautiful surroundings and fun quests. I put it up there just behind TBC but ahead of Wrath. I am really looking foward to WoD even though I did roll my eyes when I heard the term " time travel". But as more info comes out I think it can actually work and be a very good xpac.

I really liked Mists of Pandaria, and not just because it gave me the monk I've been dreaming since mid-BC, when I found out Pandarens almost made the cut to be the Alliance race instead of the Draenei.

For me, it was a breath of fresh air after the dry, heated atmosphere that was the Cataclysm expansion. I enjoyed Cata's early hard dungeons. It was fun having dungeon bosses with nearly insta-kill abilities (Stonecore, anyone?), but after the heroic dungeons were nerfed, they became laughably easy, even soloable, some of them. Then we had the Vashj'ir raid instance scrapped... and then the raid that was supposed to come after Dragon Soul was also scrapped (remember one of the lines from the developer interviews: "Who's paying Deathwing's bills?" It was supposed/hinted that it was N'Zoth, but we'll never know now). The only really interesting zones for me were Uldum, just because of the Indiana Jones jokes and references, and Vashj'ir, quite colorful and all. I don't really get it why so many people disliked it. Oh well. Hyjal for some reason felt LONG and winded. Deepholm was depressing. Dark, cold, all rocks... Twilight Highlands I'd bolt outta there as soon as I dinged 85.

All in all, Cataclysm as a whole was kind of a disappointment for me. So when Pandaria hit I was happy to leave it all behind. Pandaria started 'lighter'. All zones were bright and colorful, except for Dread Wastes, and I enjoyed that. I liked the music. Cataclysm's music wasn't memorable for me, but Pandaria's soundtrack, for me, is just beautiful. I could turn off sound effects just to listen to the music, sometimes. Sure, the "omgomgomgdailiesdailiesdailiessomanydailiesgottagrinddailieswhatmoredailiesomgmoredailiesm ustdomoredailies part of Pandaria's launch put me off, but that aside, I really enjoyed myself in the land of the Pandaren. There was always something to do to help pass the time. Battle and collect pets, fly around pandaria looking for elites, or looking for the treasures. The Thunder Isle was fun. I liked that place, with the rares giving some valor points, the weekly raid to Lei-Shen's treasure troves... and the Timeless Isle at start put me off, with just two dailies in it, but I ended up enjoying that place, hunting for the rares and all.

IMO, It was a rather solid expansion that needed to be great, and ultimately fell short. While I have no inclination to come back to this game, I can say that MoP did keep me entertained longer than I thought it would.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd lean to positive, both monks and Pandaren are really enjoyable, flex is possibly the best idea to happen to raiding since instanced raids, LFR stabilized a lot more than in it's 4.3 iteration and I hear (as I have been unable to do serious content this expansion) that the raid content is amazing. But, there is still the issue of the over use of quest hubs, super linearity and lack of any degree of choice and consequence or exploration in MoP leads to leveling content continuing to be a bore, I personally disliked Pandaria leveling more so than new vanilla or Cataclysm, maybe even BC and Wrath.

The expansion was great. The Pandaren were a great race and I think they were implemented successfully. The monk class is great and I'm really loving my WW (he's my second main!). Pandaria was beautiful and I loved the way they gave us reasons to go outdoors (rare spawns, dailies, etc...). I thought the asian theme was great. It was a nice change of pace from the typical environments but it was done in a way that made it feel fantastic rather than cornu or tacked on (Imo). Temple of Kotmogu and Silvershard Mines are two of the best BGs blizzard has ever made. I also loved the no flying until 90. It made exploring the continent a lot more fun and rewarding.
    The only gripe I really had was the overload of dailies in 5.0. I burnt myself out on them and unsubbed for the majority of 5.1. I know that's mostly my fault but whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Negative.

Story and lore is a train wreck. Dungeons receive no more love. Legendary questline was a joke and RNG fest. Talent trees are ruined, forever. I hate the Asian themed bullshit, including that farm in the Valley of the Four Winds. And I can't say I love the pet battle system aka Pokemon copy paste.

This expansion was very disappointing for me, both the game and company have gone down hill.

I'm hoping WoD will be better.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Deleted
    very positive,
    too bad the didn't keep their promise of patch every 2 months ( I don't mean raids, just something new to play with)

Deleted
    I really liked the expansion overall, the raids were solid, there was tons of content and pretty zones, world bosses, a ton of bosses in raids... did I mention that I love bosses? :P
    And whoever thinks that pandas are for children then they are naive because so do talking cows and squidgoats lol :P

Deleted
    The expansion was okay. I just feel that there was something that did not make me feel like I always had when playing wow. But who knows, it could be me being done with WoW or MMO's in general. I guess I have to wait and see as I will buy WoD and give it a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It was ok. Better than Cataclysm, worse than Wrath.

I think the player population has overall become less tolerant of developer missteps.
    The playerbase has become less tolerant of anything. And thats what drove me away, not the game itself.

The Shit That Doesn't End
    This is the shit that doesn't end
    Yes, it goes on and on my friend.
    Some people started it
    Not knowing what it was.
    And they'll continue farming it forever just because

This is the shit that doesn't end.....

I think it was good, much needed improvement over Cata. The main highlight of the expansion was the last boss of the green fire chain, I felt really accomplished, challenged and rewarded when I killed it early in in 480ish gear. I also had a good time raiding, but that doesn't have much to do with the expansion itself.

I did not like how time consuming Blizzard made maintaining alts. I used to be able to just chain dungeons one hardcore weekend and be in very decent preraid gear on any of my alts. Now I have to deal with huge timesinks and way too many weekly lockouts to achieve the same thing. It has gotten to the point where I don't even bother playing my alts, because they feel so fucking weak. The real losers here are casuals that work twice as hard and twice as long for half of what they used to get, but Blizzard figured by now that it takes those people ages to catch on.

The theme and general feel was not something I cared for, I would never roll a panda or a monk, but I think Blizzard's goal had mostly to do with their Asian costumers. It was not all horrible though, I liked zones like tvot4w and jade forest, and I liked the klaxi culture. So decent job all in all, but could have been much much more.

I also liked the brawlers guild, but I'm not a fan of how trivialized it is by gear. The same thing goes for the green fire boss.

I'll give it a 6/10, if anything because of the wasted potential.

I've liked MoP quite a bit. There was a low point in the first raid tier because of the insane grinding of dailies needed to keep the VP coming in. It picked up again though, and this last tier is pretty fun - it's the first raid I've really liked since Icecrown Citadel, and the Timeless Isle is more fun than just wandering round bashing things should be.

I rate MoP as a little better than BC, a little worse than LK, and a ton better than Cata. I can't give a fair comparison to Vanilla, because 1) I wasn't playing than, and 2) it was in many ways a very different game, and a different culture back then.

I voted other. I only played during the beta, and found the leveling and exploring portion of the game too short, the dungeons weren't all that interesting, I found myself grinding reputation within a couple weeks of casual play during a beta for lack of better things to do. So I skipped this one. I'd love to say that I thought it was awful and vote accordingly, but it probably got better since there are still people playing the game. Oh, also scenarios and the talent change really rubbed me the wrong way, but I was still willing to give it a try till I ran out of stuff to do.

9/10. My only gripe was the daily grinding in 5.0 and what looks to be a decent long wait for 6.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It was ok. Better than Cataclysm, worse than Wrath.
    I have the EXACT opposite opinion:
    It was bad. Worse than Cataclysm, better than WotLK.. MILES from TBC..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    So you mean miles above TBC? Cause that's where I'd put it, but hey opinions are a great thing.
    Nope.. Graphical explained: TBC >>>>>> Cataclysm >>>>>>> MoP >> WotLK
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

15+ Year Old Account
    Extremely positive. To say the least. I enjoyed the leveling even after the 4th or 5th leveled toon. Loved the story, and it's depth, especially the asian cultural themes which in general are more subtle than the western's "murica" chest thumping adventures. It replaced TBC as my favorite expac. This expac also had some of the best soundtracks i've ever heard in a video game.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill