View Poll Results: How do you feel about MoP as it comes to a close? Was your experience...

Voters
401. This poll is closed
  • Positive

258 64.34%
  • Negative

88 21.95%
  • Indifferent

45 11.22%
  • Other (explain below)

10 2.49%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    At first I was like pandas are totally stupid and childish but I gave it a try. I actually enjoyed doing tons of dailies, well except stuff like the anglers, I never got past neutral with those guys. I didn't really like the raids nor any of the architecture, the dungeons were way too easy and the architecture used in those didn't sit well with me either. I did enjoy the remade classic dungeons for a while though. What was fun however, was completing the challenge mode dungeons with a group of friends. The sets are gorgeous and I'm glad that I was able to get my hands on them very early. Unfortunately Pandaren still seemed obnoxious, childish and like a giant comic relief to me. Patch 5.1 was awesome and I really loved the way they told us the story, I had something to look forward each day. Then came patch 5.2 and I liked it quite a lot actually, the architecture, while still influenced by asian stuff, was a lot better and fit in with Warcraft a lot better imo. I loved the green fire quest and the Isle of Thunder. I didn't raid much, but ToT is definitely my favorite raid of MoP. Patch 5.3 was a joke, there weren't even any daily quests, all we had was one stupid weekly quest and the whole rebellion and preparation for the siege was one big grind. Definitely the worst patch of all mop patches. I can't say much about 5.4 except that I don't like it, raiding Orgrimmar doesn't feel 'real'.

tldr: I still depise pandaren and I hope to never see them again, challenge modes were cool, I liked the way of storytelling in 5.1, 5.2 had a cool atmosphere, 5.3 was fail, 5.4 seems like crap to me

I'm unsubbed since December and will likely resub once WoD hits the shelves.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2014-02-27 at 11:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was pretty okay, the start of MOP was absolute garbage though.
    Took a break and came back to T15 and found it very enjoyable and T16 was pretty great too.

Much better than cataclysm, worse than TBC & Wrath.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

adorable pandas! lol besides that, kind of indifferent, really.

Deleted
    Great bosses, two beautiful environments and improved storytelling were somewhat spoiled by 3 dull zones, the feeling that the new storytelling techniques were wasted on a pretty crap (IMO) story, a really boring and frustrating (low health rares dying before you get there, burden of eternities needing to be used on tokens and not gear that you know has the stats you want) catch up island and one pointless patch that might as well have been scrapped for more time on warlords for that team (5.3).

10+ Year Old Account
    Asian theme, pandas,timeless isle are things I don't like. However i like new technology they bring with pandaland like scenarios,cross realm,flex. Raids encounter were also very solid and most of the time challanging and fun. Overall is positive. Let's hope Draenor with it true warcraft feeling and tech they already got plus more will be miles better.

Deleted
    Great raids (especially ToT and SoO), beautiful environments and a grat story.

In terms of story I felt this had a better story I thoroughly enjoyed all the lore they created, and I feel that his expansion had some of the best story to date if you paid attention and went out of your way to find it. Compared to the other expansions, it was far better than BC, Cata, and is slightly better than Wrath by a tiny margin.

The raiding mechanics were far better than any previous expansion (with the exception of some of the Ulduar encounters) and they were better than anything offered in Vanilla.

End Game content was better this time, there was a lot more to do this time around compared to previous expansions, and some people missed some fun things by not trying them.

The only real negative I can think of was the massive slog of dailies at the start that were tied to one another. I hated having to do Golden Lotus before I could do Shadow Pan or August Celestials.

Hopefully they learned a lot and can apply these lessons to WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

negative.. pandas, daily quests as content, no flying for alts at 85, challenge mode only for time, providing grounds, the story with a lame horde villian, the dark colours of the isle isle of thunder, to many options for raiding (normal and hero are enough), to many scenarios and not enough 5man instances, no new big pvp zone, the dd monk, ingame shop, ugly armor sets

positive.. the quests, the zones, all the bosses (world and raid), cloud serpents, the flying archeology mount (on of the best!), the architecture of the continent, the new talent system

overall a 7/10

wotlk > tbc > mop >>> cata
    Last edited by Arvandor; 2014-02-27 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    [too] many options for raiding (normal and hero are enough)
    This is demonstrably incorrect.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Very positive.

Pros:
    -Great raid content. 3 large tiers that had plenty of quality boss fights - huge positive change from Cata, as raiding is the main reason I play this game.
    -Lots of non-conventional endgame content that stemmed away from simply "PvE or PvP" (CMs, Proving Grounds, Brawler's guild, Pet Battles, etc)
    -Timeless Isle was a neat twist on the conventional "daily island" we've seen so often.
    -Return of world bosses, despite how easy they were.
    -Steps in the right direction to get people out of just afking in cities for half the time they were online.
    -They were fairly quick to admit the mistake with making dailies super important at the start.
    -Introduction of Flex
    -Bonus rolls were a nice way to reduce bad loot RNG - even though it just gave most people a new form of loot RNG to complain about

Cons
    -Making LFR a staple in the WoW world. Cata introduced it, but MoP ensured that it will remain.
    -Dailies at the start, though Blizzard corrected this mistake as mentioned
    -Continued desertion of almost every mid or lower pop server, though this is more a problem with the age of the game than MoP itself.
    -The "cute and cuddly pandas" aspect that turned a few people off from this game.. even though I think they were silly, and a problem with those people than MoP itself once again.

Can't really think of many cons, tbh. 2 of those weren't even problems with the game.

Not quite as good as WoTLK (though I miss the community and feeling of everything being new more than the content itself), far better than Cataclysm.

Probably the best expansion WoW ever had. Only bad thing was that Flex was introduced in last major patch. And there was to much dailies at the begining.

I wanted to write a multipage essay on MoP and my thought but I can put a short version here:

I loved it, especially all the non-raid content and yes, I loved all the dailies which I STILL do. (I was disappointed that 5.3 and 5.4 didn't add a daily faction)
    The music, the setting, the pandas are all wonderful and lore is well thought out, solid and I enjoyed it a lot.
    Pandas are on the badass level of Orcs, if you care to read the lore then you'd realize that.

I think most people who hated MoP are xenophobes/asiaphobes and teenagers who think things can only be cool if they have spikes and a frowny face.

So for me MoP is number one expansion. (Vanilla was a whole different world, you can't compare things to that)

I only played in MoP for maybe 4 months total. Took a 6-month break at the end of Cataclysm, came back, got my main to 90, and dicked around for a bit.

But I liked what I saw. The 85-90 experience was fun, Brawler's Guild was fun, and LFR was mostly painless, from what I could see. I am not one of the Panda haters and actually think it's pretty cool that we got to see Pandaria in WoW. If my guild hadn't broken up near the end of Cataclysm, things would probably be different. But I blame that more on Cataclysm than I do on MoP.

Overall, just based on what I've seen in MoP, I would say positive. As far as game content, I enjoyed MoP more than I enjoyed Cataclysm.

My favorite overall expansion was BC (my guild may have had a lot to do with that, because we were at our peak and had lots of good times during that expansion), followed by Wrath, followed by Classic, followed by MoP, followed by Cataclysm. So MoP is near the bottom for me, but that doesn't mean I didn't like it. I can't think of anything really bad to say about MoP except that I wish it had more focus on 5-man dungeons instead of scenarios.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-02-27 at 03:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL at all the posts saying it was a great expansion I played it for 3 months and unsubbed. If it was any good you wouldn't have spent most of it unsubbed.

I chose dislike - but - I'd like to also list my pros/cons to leave a more clear/concise reasoning behind that choice.

Pros:
    -Flex Raiding:(Great for fluctuating raid teams and raiders that don't have the time to permit to normal schedules. Kudos to Blizzard on this one, awesome addition)
    -Censer of Eternal Agony: (Some of the most fun I've had in years on WoW, brought back a version of World PvP - which the game was sorely missing)
    -Brawler's Guild: (Solo'ing has always been a thing; and now there's a place specifically designated for showing your skill/mettle? More bosses please!)
    -Scenery:(Vale of Eternal Blossoms and Jade Forest were beautifully designed, I definitely got a sense of exploration/awe/wonder when first setting steps in there)
    -Music:(Masterfully done as usual. I can listen to WoW soundtracks on their own)

Cons:
    -Design Philosophy: (The more it goes towards entitlement, trophies-for-all, and instant-gratification -- the more it pushes me away)
    -Asian Theme: (I thought the zones and lore was worthy of Blizzard's name, and I have nothing against Asian culture, but this was not Warcraft in any sense)
    -CRZ: (Whatever identity servers had is now gutted. Especially now with the Cross-Realm additions)

TL;DR - The aesthetics were top notch as usual (aside from awful gear design/implementation IMHO) but the meat and potatoes of the game is being destroyed by entitlement, instant-gratification, and trophies-for-all hive minds.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    LOL at all the posts saying it was a great expansion I played it for 3 months and unsubbed. If it was any good you wouldn't have spent most of it unsubbed.
    "Stop liking what I don't like"
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Pretty great if I say so myself. Hell, I'll even dare to say MoP is better than Wrath.
    Still prefer Wrath's lore and aesthetics, though. Never gets old.

10+ Year Old Account
    MOP was my favorite expansion so far. For the first time I felt like we were in a place where people lived, and you were part of that living world. The music, the style, the great Panda Culture, just loved it all.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Deleted
    I selected indifferent. I mean a lot of it was alright but I didn't care for the overall Asian theme, the slacking on pvp balance and killing world pvp annoyed me. On the other hand flex is probably the best thing blizz has done since they decided to wipe out 25 man pugs for the entitled crowd at the end of wrath. I am subbed at the moment but have had more breaks this expac than I normally do. I'm looking forward to going to back to a more 'warcrafty' theme next expac.

Asian Theme? It was awesome. Something wow had only dipped in before(Night Elf architecture draws hints from Korea). Pandas too cute? Yeah those Dread Wastes quests and Taran Zhu sure were cute and cuddly! I feel like the people saying they hated the theme(even though they admit it was executed very well) and the Pandaren are just grasping at straws for things not to like about this expac. As far as blunders go the biggest was probably the Daily Gating in 5.0 and how 5.3 was executed.