View Poll Results: How do you feel about MoP as it comes to a close? Was your experience...

Voters
401. This poll is closed
  • Positive

258 64.34%
  • Negative

88 21.95%
  • Indifferent

45 11.22%
  • Other (explain below)

10 2.49%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love seeing that 2/3 of the poll shows positive. Means Blizz did something right. Even the president doesn't have a 66% approval rating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Considering my account has been active since Jan 06, I'm impressed they still manage to keep me satisfied with my sub.
    The game has always improved in one way or the other, but as anyone who frequents forums know, there's always the Cry Topic of the month. Together with (in a grand perspective) insignificant things that people just keep repeating when they want to complain. In MoP this was dailies, since people apparently can't manage their playtime and certainly seemed unable to realize that if you did all dailies every day, you would be months away from buying all Valor items quite quickly.

Cataclysm is rated after the boredom of 4.3, WotLK (at the time) was hated for gated ICC that lasted 13 months and for being "the downfall of wow, world of casualcraft". But now no one remembers that apparently. Or that all 3.0 raid content was cleared within 3 days of release. Such things just fade away...
    So, in two expansions, will anyone remember how awful it was to do dailies, or will people speak fondly of how we actually had to do something for our reputation instead of a tabard?

Nostalgia is a funny thing.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

I enjoyed all of it from the theme, to the playable race/class, to the content. I enjoyed having a lot to do, especially as a pet collector. I enjoyed being able to do LFR (most of the time). Everything was really fun.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

MoP was definitely an improvement over Cata and it has set the stage for WoD to be a really awesome expansion. With that said, I think MoP could have been a lot better than it was.

The new talent tree's could have been a lot better handled than they were. There were a lot of situations where one talent significantly out performed the other "choices". Also, a lot of the talents were things that classes had before the change and made it so you were then forced to pick between abilities you use to have anyway.

PvP could have been handled way better than it was. The introduction of Battle Fatigue significantly impacted Classes like Retribution Paladins who were designed around healing them self to stay alive. There also should have been a lot more frequent nerfs and buffs to classes (this stands true even right now). PvP Power has done a decent job of making PvP gear better than PvE gear for rated PvP. I am not a big fan of so much baseline resilience though.

Raids were pretty good over all given the theme of Pandaria. I wasn't personally a big fan of ToT but SoO is a very good final raid for the expansion.

Pet Battles were a good addition to the game as a side thing to do.

Over all I think Mists Of Pandaria was good. My List of best Expansions would go like this,

BC > Wotlk > MoP > Cata

10+ Year Old Account
    It was definitely a positive experience. Probably the best time I had in WoW since classic and BC. One of the main things that drew me to it was the whole Asian theme to it because I'm really into Asian culture. The music was awesome especially the Asian themed ones of course and I loved, still love, playing as a Pandaren. I only have a Monk so far but I'd like to make other classes as a Pandaren like a Warrior or Mage. Hell, I even bought the collectors edition for this one which was the first time I actually bought a CE of one of WoW's expansion so that right there just tells you how excited I was to play it.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as new content and lore goes, it was pretty damn cool. But I feel they went backwards in a lot of areas, mainly leveling experience, dailies, reputations, Timeless Isle and especially PvP to name a few.

after the cata garbage it was pretty cool, had it flaws and isn't as awesome as bc/wotlk but still good.

In between.
    The dungeons are pretty boring for me. Well besides the remakes. I love the new SM.
    I haven't done any raiding outside of trying to catch up with LFR. So of course the fights were pretty dull. Though I was never fan of oversized dungeons (raids).
    Questing was nice, a bit too fast paced. Hit level 88 in Jade Forest.

The new mounts are lovely! I want them lol. But I keep starting over on toons and don't feel like playing my main (druid).

While I do play every day, and from morning till night. I dislike having to do dailies, I'd rather put on a tabard and grind dungeons over and over again. I like doing dungeons. So I was disappointed when I found out they removed tabards. I hated dailies in BC, hated them in WoTLK, I don't remember anything in Cata lol. So of course I would not like them now. Though it's nice that they do add a little bit of rep in with the dungeons.

The only thing I really enjoy in this game are the dungeons. They're fun now, though I enjoyed WoTLK dungeons more.
    I never really cared about gear, I just like running dungeons lol.

One thing I hated was Timeless Isle. I don't mind PvP, I love it. It's fun as heck when you're able to do 1v2. But when your own faction can kill you in the open world and continue to do so EVEN if you have the debuff? No not fun. Good concept, just ugh the blood coiners lol. Heck I loved the isle in BC. Then again the gear difference wasn't huge either as it is now.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Okay so after all the nay saying towards those of us who saw pandas as a kungfu panda ripoff, I can safely say at the end of this xpac, they ARE kungfu panda ripoff, in part. Same looks. Same favor of voice acting. Same look to the terrain. Some of the same side story on side quests. It IS kungfu panda.
    You can admit that much or admit you're a dirty damn liar as far as I am concerned.
    Does it bug me it's kungfu panda sort of? Not really.
    But at least admit it.
    If you saw all the training stuff, did the quest lines to break boards and such complete with montage and still did not see it, you're playing wow with something over your eyes, I think it's denial.

Now, onto the topics past that I feel worth mention.
    Locks, got f'd in the A, on Sat-ur-day in the end.
    Role change by glyph was a MONUMENTAL idea, and they could have really, really developed something sort of fresh, but NOOOOOOOO shafted.
    Legendaries for everyone, it was an interesting step and change, but it still isn't quite as awesome.
    Maybe something in between incredibly miraculous to get and omfg so easy is still being sorted out.
    Community connection, should have been better this xpac, but I found I was nearly as solo as cata once lfr came about.
    Not sure if that's as much me as community/tool sin the game.
    I HAVE been thrilled with the reiterations of other raid browser.
    Orcs, so sick of orc-story eleventy-seven point oh.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Positive. Only thing that disappointed me was the lack of 5-man dungeons, but apart from that... best expansion since TBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Okay so after all the nay saying towards those of us who saw pandas as a kungfu panda ripoff, I can safely say at the end of this xpac, they ARE kungfu panda ripoff, in part.
    Everyone is absolutely entitled to their opinion, but I always like to lay out the facts when presented with assumption:

Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos released on July 3, 2002. This was the introduction of the Pandaren. Source

Kung Fu Panda released on June 6, 2008 almost 6 years after the introduction of the Pandarens and the monk concept - Source

If there is a ripoff, I think the timeline should show WHO the actual ripoff artist was.

I think the game gets better and better, but this expac overall sucked. Panda were too hard to take seriously, Pandaria lacked a central conflict that was in the WoW theme; i get that they need to expand the lore, but they should have done it around existing canon and not make up a brand new set of canon. But whatever. I like LFR was nice, lack of rewards on heroics sucked. Basically i'm glad i played for a few months at the start and end of expac, feel i really did the whole thing without wasting months of doing little.

Indifferent. The PVP has gotten to the worst point it has ever been at. PVE is same old with more bullshit recycled content and gear models in every tier. Still better than other recent MMOs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Positive:
    -Raiding was great from start to finish. A few bad bosses, but overall great.
    -Timeless Isle and Isle of Thunder were great solo/casual/alt content. A little too grindy, but good overall.
    -Pandaria is gorgeous. I was worried the eastern theme and WoW's art style may clash, but they worked perfectly.
    -World bosses have been fun, if a little frustrating, throughout. Especially with faction tagging.
    -Bonus rolls are a great idea, and work beautifully aside from repeat loot.

Neutral:
    -Farm was a good idea, but was a little grindy.
    -VP Upgrade system is also a good idea, but feels like you're forced to VP cap each character each week. Grindy.
    -Scenarios. Good idea in theory, very very boring in practice. Neutral because I enjoy 5 minute HScens for 130 VP.

Negative:
    -Daily quests in 5.0 and 5.1. 5.0 is the single grindiest period in WoW's history, including vanilla. AWFUL design.
    -Pet battles are annoying and boring, though I suspect I am not it's target audience.
    -Lack of additional 5-man content has made dungeons irrelevant except for 5 minute VP runs.
    -Justice Points were completely useless for the first what, 9 months of the game?
    -Class balance was as bad as always. Discipline Priests and especially Warlocks were absolutely insane for the entirety of MoP.
    -VERY alt unfriendly for the first year. Rectified somewhat now, but was a huge issue for a long time.
    -Warforged/TF are a cop-out to prolong content. It's frustrating as fuck to go months without seeing your BiS item drop because of WF/TF.

I still had a great time this expansion. The negatives are mostly small issues, while the positives are big picture kinda things.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The storyline and the content was fine. Problem is it was just more of the same, different xpac. Except for the stuff on the various islands are the content that add things that hit like a truck, which was reminiscent of the older game that had the rest of its soul removed when the lower content levels were revamped in Cata. This is an MMO, you should at some point have a difficult time making it through something in the game. I think the fact the game has gotten easier over time has actually help to make the culture and community way more toxic, even more than Wrath.

MoP, taught me more to try to make it through the game without actually to interact with people that do not care about the game and those on the other end that think they should be the only ones to have certain things in the game. I am not referring to the people in the top guild of the game, no the people that are on the next layer down that think they are as good as those at the top of the game.

I think these people are more poisonous to the game then the people that go afk or pull have dungeon full of trash. Mainly because the are spoiled, rotten brats, that want instance gratification and want to feel so special and put on a pedestal, look at me I got this mount or achievement, that make me better than you person.

I really could care less what someone gets in a videogame, it does nothing for me in or outside of this game. It is short term something that is nice and it great to get, but it does nothing to prove someone is better than the other. People can better than others just for the fact that they think more of others, than of themselves and help others when ever they are able to do so. I think character means more than an achievement or mount any day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was/is a great expansion, I would rate it just under Wotlk and above BC and Cata. Improved graphics and story telling through questing, new panda race which was a nice addition. Lot of new options (farm, pet battles, Timeless Isle). The lore didn't interest me much at first, but I grew into it and it was presented beautifully.
    Great expansion really and Pandaria looks great.

I thought it was awesome. Pandaria was great when it was first released. I really got into the lore of 5.1. Killing the Sha of Anger was cool since it was the first real world boss in a long time. That shitting yourself feeling when you saw Galeon was up. The isle of thunder was awesome when it came out, kinda abandoned now on my server. Oondasta was just flat out epic but I can understand why it was nerfed, awesome memories though. I could go on but yea, I had a lot of fun, still do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still pleased to see almost 2/3 of those polled said they had a very positive perspective on it. Guessing we would not see such an approval rating from Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I'm still pleased to see almost 2/3 of those polled said they had a very positive perspective on it. Guessing we would not see such an approval rating from Cataclysm.
    Not till next year anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Cataclysm had a lot of good stuff in it. Playable goblins, flying in 1-60 content, 1-60 revamped content, Firelands...the problem is that the expansion ended with a whimper (Dragon Soul, particularly Madness encounter) and Deathwing wasn't built up well as a villain. Also ZA/ZG >.< Had troll nightmares for 6 months after that patch.