Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    unacceptable change.

furthermore i do not support their pay 2 win microtransaction cashgrab charging people gold they can buy with irl money to open unclaimed containers
    Yeah, blizzard has really shown their support to the gold sellers amirite.

Deleted
    Congratulations, really.

Still shitty done by Blizzard by doing something like this.

Well shit, if it launched as pay2win why are we even here talking about pay2win 9 years later, whats up wit dat?
    Despite the obvious troll attempt here, your argument is circular. None of the features blizzard offers you nets you gold. If you are buying name changes, races changes and faction changes to make gold, then you are doing something very wrong. As for boe pets, they sell for less gold then a level 25 anklebiter

You answered your own question. It obviously wasn't launched as play to win, because we are still talking about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    unacceptable change.

furthermore i do not support their pay 2 win microtransaction cashgrab charging people gold they can buy with irl money to open unclaimed containers

You should unsub in protest too blizzard's diabolical scheme to take over the world with there P2W shenanigans.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    I got about 45k gold sitting around and I don't do anything to try earn more. I don't understand how everyone is so poor. I have never used black market AH.

Been hacked 2x in the space of 2 months. had to change login email add authenticator and sms protect to avoid this shit.

Grats to your friend. I wonder if the drop chance from that container is actually a lower percentage than from the boss. Seems it would be considering the loot table.

super lucky!

I got pvp gear not for my characters class (unequippable), and know 3 other ppl who got the same (not same, but similar, pvp gear they couldn't equip), and 1 person got a parrot pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Song View Post
    Even then, the gold was still earned in game by someone. Also it's against the rules to buy gold and is something Blizzard doesn't allow. It would be different if Blizzard themselves sold gold for real life currency. WoW is one game I can honestly say is the farthest thing from pay-to-win that I've ever been apart of.
    You have to pay a subscription!
    /sarcasm

unacceptable change.

And what is it that people technically "win" in when they buy stuff off the the BMAH? Winning would be buying achievements like Cutting edge, or PvP feats/titles etc. Or paying Blizzard money for "super" gear that can only be obtained with IRL currency or buying a coin that gurantees a boss will drop loot with it. Mounts, pets and random heroic gear that cost and arm and a leg that will be obsolete next patch and still won't make you a better raider/PvPer isn't a form of Pay-to-win. In my opinion of course.

Also, some of the items aren't obtainable anymore. This gives players a way to get outdated stuff using a gold sink type thing. And gold sinks are a great thing for the economy.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

I got a smoldering egg from mine

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd buy THAT for a dollar!

Grats to your pal!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hah I'm jelly because I worked hard for mine :P all you had to do was pay 8k! Naw I'm just playin( I did get mine legit though :P ) grats to your friend!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Well then, WoW has been P2W since it started, 'cause you've been able to buy gold for pretty much as long as it existed.

Your argument is pointless and specious. You're wrong.
    This man correctly used the word "specious" in a sentence. This thread is now over.

/salute

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria View Post
    Hah I'm jelly because I worked hard for mine :P all you had to do was pay 8k! Naw I'm just playin( I did get mine legit though :P ) grats to your friend!
    Nice I never got lucky after it became no longer guaranteed

Apparently I didn't already have a MMO account, I am slacker.

The best part, or at least to me, about this whole thing is that I am technically on vacation. I logged on casually last night to mess with stream settings and noticed the container was up with 30 minutes left and placed a 8.1k bid on it. I am just as shocked as everyone else what happened to be in it haha. I bid on them once in a while, on my low pop server they barely ever go over 15k anymore because no one bids on them. I also play a high pop server and they tend to average out to about 20k, maybe. Gold is very easy to make in this game, I just got lucky

Which is totally fine with me! This was only the 5th box I have purchased (2 others had pvp mail gear, while I raid heroics on a disc priest 2 others were pets). I purely got lucky I feel like this makes up for not getting the love rocket this year

why the hell does looting shit from that give achievements. fuck your pay2win blizz
    So using gold to potentially get achievements, pets, and mounts is pay to win now too? Stop it.

- - - Updated - - -

they couldve bought that gold for real life currency bro
    Seriously?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    Congratulations, really.

Still shitty done by Blizzard by doing something like this.
    What the fuck is wrong with you people?

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, congratulations to that player! I'll get Mimiron's Head someday for myself! ┬─┬ ︵ /(.□. \)

...maybe not.

Also, everyone please stop talking or responding to people talking about "pay to win"; you're only helping to derail the thread.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, I saw her talking about it on Twitter. Mayhaps I should start checking out the BMAH more often. ._.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

10+ Year Old Account
    If this wasn't posted by Elvine, I would not believe it.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitti Pryde View Post
    Lol, I saw her talking about it on Twitter. Mayhaps I should start checking out the BMAH more often. ._.
    Whats your twitter name

I think really that's why I was able to get it so cheap, hardly anyone bids on them anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    why the hell does looting shit from that give achievements. fuck your pay2win blizz
    How is this in any way pay2win? You pay in-game currency for an extremely low chance of getting something actually worth the cash. Not to mention the caches usually go for at least 30k+ gold. She was just insanely lucky she bought one for 8k and got mimiron's head.