Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Also WTF does Shield Block have to do with anything? As a tank, that's your main ability. No one is complaining that they have to cast Crusader Strike every three seconds. This is more like when you had to pay rage to cast shouts, which we never heard the end of from Warriors who wanted a free, one hour Battle Shout to compete with Blessing of Might.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

I don't think it's ever occurred to Anaxie and Bear that if Blizzard was to remove Inquisition as a spell, that blizzard wouldn't remove it entirely, rather just make it a passive specialization. If it had, I don't think you two would be reacting the way you are. Do you honestly think Blizzard would just take away 30% damage and 10% crit without any plan to compensate?
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

I can't believe people are bitching FOR inquisition. It's not creative. It doesn't feel significant to the class. Most rets worth a shit just use the PvP 4pc before pull to bypass the stupid spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    I don't think it's ever occurred to Anaxie and Bear that if Blizzard was to remove Inquisition as a spell, that blizzard wouldn't remove it entirely, rather just make it a passive specialization. If it had, I don't think you two would be reacting the way you are. Do you honestly think Blizzard would just take away 30% damage and 10% crit without any plan to compensate?
    Poking a great beast there.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Well... original Warrior's shield block was hit every, what, 6 seconds?

Kids these days.
    Tank gameplay =/= ideal DPS gameplay. Let alone tank gameplay from TBC.

https://twitter.com/CM_Lore/status/439445826599784448
    CM Lore commenting on Inquisition. I'm guessing it's either going away or changing.

Something doesn't have to be entertaining/fun/meaningful for it to be something you should do.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

All right Dad, I'll go to church.

Just stop. That's got to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. We're talking about a video game, not doing your taxes or cleaning up after your two-year-old son.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Did you roll a ret paladin like a week ago? This has happened every other beta you must have.

Also I think might be blind since i said passive 20+ times in every post

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post

Just stop. That's got to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. We're talking about a video game, not doing your taxes or cleaning up after your two-year-old son.
    If you aren't concerned about proper balance go play Fable

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Did you roll a ret paladin like a week ago? This has happened every other beta you must have.

Also I think might be blind since i said passive 20+ times in every post

Past trends don't equate it will happen again. Inb4 History repeats itself ad nausiem.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Something doesn't have to be entertaining/fun/meaningful for it to be something you should do.
    Inquisition gives sparkly hands. Thats fun imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Past trends don't equate it will happen again. Inb4 History repeats itself ad nausiem.
    10 years beg to differ and we an entire rework of the spec being mandatory to even be functional with their funtime diablo clusterfuck gearing overhaul and the bright idea to remove reforging.

We have never been in a better poistion then ever to come out of beta worse then 4.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Inquisition gives sparkly hands. Thats fun imo.
    <Insert Twilight Meme here>

That is probably one of the positive iconic things about it in my eyes(Barring the Damage buff which is obvious).

10 years beg to differ and we an entire rework of the spec being mandatory to even be functional with their funtime diablo clusterfuck gearing overhaul and the bright idea to remove reforging.

We have never been in a better poistion then ever to come out of beta worse then 4.0

History doesn't always repeat itself. The Sky Is Not Falling. Believe what you wish. I'm out.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    <Insert Twilight Meme here>

That is probably one of the positive iconic things about it in my eyes(Barring the Damage buff which is obvious).

History doesn't always repeat itself. The Sky Is Not Falling. Believe what you wish. I'm out.
    Blizzard will have ret balanced on a beta launch when they do make good on their 1 expac per year goal (never)

I will eat my own head if we don't have the same cycle repeat itself.

- - - Updated - - -

It's far better for the class in the longrun to be fully aware of what they have let happen 5 out of 5 times so we can stress to them in beta our concerns as they come up.

BETA IS BETA is something that if i see crop up in forums about this spec I'm going to take a collossal shit in their cheerios for ignorance on their part.

Blizzard has earned every veteran rets cynicism for past insults.

What self buff do warriors, warlocks, hunters, moonkins, shadow priests, shamans or death knights have to put up? I could care less if inq comes or goes, but when you are facing the problem of ability bloat and HAVE to start pruning abilities, I see no better option than the category of self buffs. They are so trivial to manage that it would hardly effect any of the classes that have them. It does exactly what Blizzard is aiming for, to free up a keybind for people. They are not taking away something extreme like any of our builders or finishers, raid buffs, or raid CD's. What else could have possibly been cut?

My mind is completely blown that people are up in arms about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post

Why don't you go play Pooh or other kids games? That's right because they don't challenge you enough.
    I'm not saying Inq is hard. But neither is hitting Judgement every X seconds. Or ES every minute. Or hitting DS when you have 2 targets.

Try juggeling 1 ball, is that hard? No. Now try with 2 balls, still not hard? Try with 3 balls, nice now it's getting challenging. Now add a 4th ball and start saying the alphabet in reverse out loud. Now finally say "I'm having fun" every 58 seconds exactly. Does that sound fun? No? I don't either, but it's a challenge! Ret doesn't need anything taken away, if anything it needs something added.
    Again, Inq is there to force you to pay attention when everything else is going on, guess the generasjon of gamers who play for a bit of challenge is gone and the generation of crying "give me" players are starting to grow up...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ujx View Post
    What self buff do warriors, warlocks, hunters, moonkins, shadow priests, shamans or death knights have to put up?
    DoTs.
    Rogues, feral druids and rets have a buff we maintain on ourselves.
    Others have debuffs they keep up on target(s)

We have a 3 button "rotation" + 1 finisher and 2 abilities we hit once a minute, what do I think we should lose? Abso-fucking-lutely nothing, I leaning more towards adding one more than one being removed!
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2014-03-03 at 06:42 AM.

DoTs.
    Rogues, feral druids and rets have a buff we maintain on ourselves.
    Others have debuffs they keep up on target(s)
    Slamdunk by bear.

Go home kids

Almost all of them have some sort of ability that automatically refreshes them.

Yes but ret has dated mechanics. We would of got a inqu refresh via rotation in 7.0

If you aren't concerned about proper balance go play Fable
    If the developers were interested in "proper balance" they would have removed DoT snapshotting two expansions ago, instead of telling us in less subtle terms that we had a low skill cap because we weren't allowed to use it to cheat like some other classes. No, I'm interested in good performance, because balance is something World of Warcraft will NEVER have. EVER.

Sadly even if we turn out well, we will simply be nerfed until we're no longer competitive. You said it yourself, it happens in every beta anyway. We had Inquisition in 4.0 and 5.0, did that make us "properly balanced?" And if they're just going to gut our damage again regardless, for the fifth!!!! time in a row (10 second CS, MASSIVE nerfs in Wrath beta, idiotic Mastery AND reversion of the buff to Templar's Verdict before Cata launch, lsoing half our procs/CDs and CONSTANT nit-noy nerfs in MoP beta until I personally called Greg out on his crap), I would rather lose the one spell that feels like a chore, TYVM.

No they fucking don't... On one of their dots/buffs maybe but those specs have other things to maintain. Ever played feral druid in mop? They have FOUR things to maintain: Rake, Rip, Thrash and Savage Roar.