Thread: Bloodlust

Bloodlust

Why do silly Shamans have the Bloodlust ability? As I recall, Shamans were Horde exclusive and Paladins were Alliance exclusive. The majority of Orcs fell into Bloodlust because they drank Mannoroth's (A Demon's) Felblood, not Elemental Blood (ROFLOLMAO) (#swerve). The magic Warlocks wield employ the blood of Demon, which is Felbood.

It makes much more sense giving Warlocks the Bloodlust ability than Shamans. Why would Tauren Shamans have the ability to inspire Bloodlust? Taurens are after a peaceful race after all. If anything Warriors should be given the Heroism ability. Who are Shamans to inspire Heroism or Bloodlust? I find Shamans having the ability to inspire Bloodlust or Heroism riveting. Do any of you people find Shamans having the ability to inspire Bloodlust or Heroism riveting?

Because it's a video game. And the dude that got dat blood drinkin going was a Shaman at the time. So it makes sense. Warlocks don't need anymore shinies. They're good for the next 12 expacs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Blood lust is a Horde thing. Alliance has heroism(OH EM GEE). It doesn't really make sense for warlocks to use it. Yes they use Fel magic but not necessarily demon blood all the time. It's demon blood not fel blood specifically.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Shamen in Warcraft 3 had the spell, that's all the reason needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Because it's a video game. And the dude that got dat blood drinkin going was a Shaman at the time. So it makes sense. Warlocks don't need anymore shinies. They're good for the next 12 expacs.
    Gul'dan was a Shaman but became a Warlock when he ratted Ner'zhul out to Kil'jaeden. It was when he was a Warlock when he introduced Bloodlust.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Because Blood lust is a Horde thing. Alliance has heroism(OH EM GEE). It doesn't really make sense for warlocks to use it. Yes they use Fel magic but not necessarily demon blood all the time. It's demon blood not fel blood specifically.
    You haven't read my post inventively and you don't have a grasp on the lore established. I'll restate what I have stated, "The majority of Orcs fell into Bloodlust because they drank Mannoroth's (A Demon's) Felblood"

Fel magic is Arcane magic that employs Demon Blood, Demon Blood = Fel blood/Felblood. The majority of Orcs went into a state of Bloodlust because of drinking a Demon's blood. Warlocks employ Demon blood to power up their spells.

I already know Alliance Shamans have Heroism and Horde Shaman's have Bloodlust, but Bloodlust is not a Shaman thing. Thrall, the God of all that is Shaman, hated that Grommash allowed the Orcs to fall into Bloodlust.

So......as stated......."Why do silly Shamans have the Bloodlust ability?"

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Shamen in Warcraft 3 had the spell, that's all the reason needed.
    The Orc Shamans in Warcraft 3 might as well of been affected by Mannoroth's blood. Even if they weren't, Warlocks had the ability to create poisonous clouds and summon Spiders, so why would Hunters have the ability to control Spiders? The abilities a class wields in-game usually represents the abilities that class wields in the lore, but that isn't always the case.
    Last edited by Cheapnecrolyte; 2014-02-27 at 07:25 AM.

Honestly the only thing that makes me mad is that they then gave mages the ability to "bloodlust" (time warp) but still left warlocks lacking. Honestly I feel like it should be a racial instead of class ability. Orcs have bloodlust, humans have heroism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its mostly based on becoming overcome by the fierce, primal fighting nature of the elements. Thus, Bloodlust. (Would you rather have ANGRY LIKE THE ELEMENTS as the spell name?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    (Would you rather have ANGRY LIKE THE ELEMENTS as the spell name?)
    No, we would rather them not have the spell at all.

Its mostly based on becoming overcome by the fierce, primal fighting nature of the elements. Thus, Bloodlust.
    Except that like the OP stated, shamanism is against that kind of emotion. Think about the word bloodlust for a second. A lust for blood. Does that sound like something a shaman wants...?

Its mostly based on becoming overcome by the fierce, primal fighting nature of the elements. Thus, Bloodlust. (Would you rather have ANGRY LIKE THE ELEMENTS as the spell name?)
    I don't think you have read my post intentively. The Orcs fell into Bloodlust when they drank the Felblood of the Demon called Mannoroth. Fel magic, which is the magic Warlocks wield, employs Felblood. The Orcs didn't fall into Bloodlust by being overcome with primal Elementals or with whatever nonsense you mean.