Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hunter conveyor problems for Heroic seigecrafter?

So ever since we got to Heroic seigecrafter our hunter has had random deaths from disengaging from the belt. He says it is because disengage will just randomly not work and cause him to fall to his death. Please help me get some opinions/other experiences and I hope that this is a disengage problem rather then him not doing the belt correctly.

Probelms going down the belt? Thats a new one.
    Does he know that he can also use disengage to get on the belt?

Deleted
    We got two hunters on our belt. Really, really sounds like an L2P issue since ours are doing it fine (mostly, a few screwups every now and then, but shit happens and they don't blame it on something else).

Im sorry, I meant jumping/disengaging onto the belt. Like I said all we will hear on random attempts is shit my disengage didnt work again and there is nothing I can do about it. Does this seem familiar to anyone or again does it still seem like a player problem :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuaku View Post
    Does this seem familiar to anyone or again does it still seem like a player problem :-/
    It's a player problem. How often do you hear a druid say "Shit my tranq didn't work" or a paladin complain about a bubble failure?

I just did not know if there was an actual bug when it came to disengaging onto the platform where it would not function properly because this has gone on since we first started on heroic seigecrafter.

Deleted
    Im sorry, I meant jumping/disengaging onto the belt. Like I said all we will hear on random attempts is shit my disengage didnt work again and there is nothing I can do about it. Does this seem familiar to anyone or again does it still seem like a player problem :-/
    Onto? Tell your hunter to glyph disengage and jump before disengaging. Should be 100% success every time once he learns how to walk up there without falling.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is he doesn't have the glyph.

I just did not know if there was an actual bug when it came to disengaging onto the platform where it would not function properly because this has gone on since we first started on heroic seigecrafter.
    As a hunter who disengages on the belt, I can tell you it's a player problem. Remember Gluth in Naxx and how it became a "hunter" fight where we just spent all our time in the back kiting zombies without getting hit? This is our fight this tier, and it takes practice. The hardest part of it is climbing up the edge of the pipe to get to the proper position. The rest is just jump -> disengage. I can't tell you how many times I would randomly just fall into the void climbing up that fucking pipe. I seriously thought for a bit we might never down the fight because of it. But practice makes perfect.

My biggest tip would be to tell the hunter to -not- jump off the pipe towards the belt before Disengaging. If you're on the edge of the pipe and just jump straight up into the air and use Glyph of Disengage'd Disengage with your back towards the belt, if your Disengage was on cooldown or something strange and it didn't go off properly, you'll just land safely right back in the same position instead of falling into the pit. Then you can just try again.

Additionally, you should 100% -always Disengage off of the belt- too. Time it at 3 seconds before the next belt starts (if you use BigWigs, you can have the Automated Belt timer set to Emphasize so it verbally counts down, this is very noticable.) If you go earlier, you'll take extra damage and can be killed by other mechanics like Overcharged Electromagnet and Sawblades, but any later, and you'll get stunned as you land anyway.

By Disengaging with 3 seconds remaining...
    1) You'll always avoid landing in a push/pulled Sawblade (they get sucked back towards Siegecrafter at 5 seconds remaining).
    2) You won't be gripped off of the belt into a stun, thus giving you more time to position yourself to get onto the next belt.
    3) You'll avoid unnecessary Overload damage from the Shredders (maximium you'll take is 1 hit per belt phase, which is enough to Exhilaration/Healthstone every time these line up.
    4) When coming off the belt while Overcharged Laser Turret has Superheated fire all over the place, Disengaging off allows you to Deterrence just before you land, allowing you to safely run through the fire and immediately into the pipe for the next belt phase (Deterrence prevent gaining any stacks of Superheated). Coincidentally, this timing will also deflect the Overload that happens as you approach the next pipe (or as you are uncontrollably falling from the air onto the next belt).
    5) You'll have a higher percentage of being an ineligible target for Sawblades, Lasers, and Crawler Mine Fixates (In worst case scenario of you getting targeted by a Sawblade as you are positioning yourself on the pipe, remember that you can Feign Death to cancel the Sawblade cast before it finishes).

Another tip (depending on strategy) is to modify which belt phase you use Disengage to get onto the belt and which phases you jump into the pipe to teleport up.
    For example, a common 25H strategy is to kill Deactivated Missle Turrets every wave except on 6 (Mines), 9 (Laser), and 12 (Laser). In this strategy, Overcharged Laser Turret has Superheated fire on the ground during belts #3 and #7, so it's a bit more difficult to get onto the pipe for belts #4 and #8, which still have fire there, when you come off of the belt.
    What I do is actually Disengage onto the belt for the belt #1, instead of using the pipe, as many hunters typically would. This alters it so that the debuff that prevents you from using the pipe teleport is at a better time for the more difficult belts.
    Disengage #1, PipePort #2, Disengage #3, PipePort #4, etc. so that the ones that have Superheated, you can just run through (with Deterrence up) and jump into the pipe. I'm not sure on your exact kill order and when you have fire, but I'd recommend using the Disengage up trick on the belts prior to the ones that you have to run through Superheated, even if it means Disengage up twice in row to save the PipePort cooldown.

One final alternative, is instead of standing on the edge of the pipe (if climbing onto the pipe and falling off of it is the main issue), it is possible for a Hunter to Disengage (or a Boomkin with the leap-backwards version of Wild Charge, they can do every belt too! So can Monks with Transcendance, to include everyone.) and get onto the belt by jumping into the pipe -with- the debuff and then timing your leapback as the pipe is rejecting you and would spit you back onto the main platform.

To do this, just hit your Disengage at the peak of height when it tosses you out, and you'll fly a large distance and land just on the belt near the mouth of the conveyor's first fire pillars. There are some negatives to this method though...
    1) You take ~30% of you health as fall damage, combined with a bad Overload, you might have to time Exhilaration/Healthstone just before you land to survive if you were low on health from a previous mistake.
    2) Occasionally, it just bugs and Disengage just keeps you in place. Usually, you just land back on the main platform and can jump back into the pipe and do it a second time. However, sometimes it -really- bugs and you fall back down into the "reject" pipe and are stuck there until you die from AoE damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have your Hunter watch this video: http://www.twitch.tv/dj_marxman/c/3266834

There isn't any RNG in getting onto the belt. Either you do it properly or you don't.

Ask your hunter if he's using the Disengage glyph. If he's not, tell him to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Have your Hunter watch this video: http://www.twitch.tv/dj_marxman/c/3266834

There isn't any RNG in getting onto the belt. Either you do it properly or you don't.
    Well. If your dps on belt is low, there's always the chance that you won't make it up the pipe before the magnet pull starts on some waves, which is... Sort of hard to deal with (although not impossible). But yea, generally, it's gonna be your hunter fucking up. There's no disengage "bug".

10+ Year Old Account
    tell your hunter to glyph his / her disengage and stop complaining.

also tell him / her to disengage TO the belt not FROM it.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Deleted
    You can also get into the belt without risking on failing to do the jump. You can just get into the pipe and when it spits you out you can disengage into the belt. pros: no risk of falling off the pipe. Cons: fall damage, and if you have an unreliable ISP then you may fail disengaging, falling into the pipe again, and losing uptime on the belt.

But it is always better to disengage off the belt asap instead of waiting to be pulled down(timing overloads to jump down just after them) so you have time to prepare next jump and avoid any stuff going on (improved laser, improved magnet, etc)

edit: just saw a better explanation of this above, nvm
    Last edited by mmoc2c179830db; 2014-02-27 at 10:23 AM.

You can also play it safer and instead of climbing on the edges of the pipe just jump into it, if you have the debuff it'll spit you back into the air and that's the moment you use disengange to get on the belt. Much safer and less risk of failing even though it shouldn't be that hard anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Well. If your dps on belt is low, there's always the chance that you won't make it up the pipe before the magnet pull starts on some waves, which is... Sort of hard to deal with (although not impossible). But yea, generally, it's gonna be your hunter fucking up. There's no disengage "bug".
    There is a very simple fix for this, assuming 25HC and killing turret always when possible:

Belt 1: Jump in
    Belt 2: Climb
    Belt 3: Climb
    Belt 4: Jump in(first magnet should be here, also deterrance just before timer on belt goes to 0 on Boss mods to avoid overload damage)
    Belt 5-kill: alternate between Climbing and Jumping

You will not have to jump on the pipe and climb this way on any of the points where magnet lines up when you need to go on belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    There is a very simple fix for this, assuming 25HC and killing turret always when possible:

Belt 1: Jump in
    Belt 2: Climb
    Belt 3: Climb
    Belt 4: Jump in(first magnet should be here, also deterrance just before timer on belt goes to 0 on Boss mods to avoid overload damage)
    Belt 5-kill: alternate between Climbing and Jumping

You will not have to jump on the pipe and climb this way on any of the points where magnet lines up when you need to go on belt.
    Our strategy relied on Climb-Jump-Climb-Jump(repeat). This way, whenever we had empowered lasers, we only had to jump into the pipe (with deterrence up = zero dmg). Had to make sure you minimised dmg taken, although this has largely been irrellevant for months now, but back when you were prone to 3 overloads from the shredder and everything did more dmg (pre nerf), it was basicly the most important part (being able to stay alive without a healer).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Our strategy relied on Climb-Jump-Climb-Jump(repeat). This way, whenever we had empowered lasers, we only had to jump into the pipe (with deterrence up = zero dmg). Had to make sure you minimised dmg taken, although this has largely been irrellevant for months now, but back when you were prone to 3 overloads from the shredder and everything did more dmg (pre nerf), it was basicly the most important part (being able to stay alive without a healer).
    This is how I do it as well. Climb/Disengage on odd waves, jump in the pipe on even waves.

Deleted
    The honest and bitter truth is that your hunter sucks. First of all it's a well known fact that the belt can be taken care of by hunters with little to no failure. We've killed siegecrafter multiple times in both 10 and 25 man with hunters going to the belt and very rarely do they die during an attempt.

When they do die they usually have a good reason for it such as "I suck, and I fucked it up. Won't happen again".

But the fact that he can't do the belt is alright, some people just aren't the best players. The real issue is that he's trying to blame outside factors for his own personal failure. He doesn't know how to do it, he doesn't know how to improve, he sucks.