Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    At this point locals might want to start marrying those from out of town more.. lol
    We're not quite that small, lol. Around 20k. Just small by comparison.

Just sayin' of the hundred or so people I run across in a given day, a handful of them are redheads. So they're rare, yeah, but not so rare that I don't see plenty of them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    We're not quite that small, lol. Around 20k. Just small by comparison.

Just sayin' of the hundred or so people I run across in a given day, a handful of them are redheads. So they're rare, yeah, but not so rare that I don't see plenty of them anyway.
    Red heads make up 1-2% of the total population, and 5-6% of the Northern/Western European originating population. So, comparably pretty rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    Red heads make up 1-2% of the total population, and 5-6% of the Northern/Western European originating population. So, comparably pretty rare.
    That sounds about right. Wasn't trying to say that redheads aren't rare, just that they don't seem rare enough that I would obsess, or develop a strong fetish for them. Definitely not to the point that I would try to manhandle them, or attempt to steal a few locks for my private collection. That just seems beyond abnormal to me. Maybe I'm just dense.

I work customer service, so I tend to have the weird things flock my way. Even outside of work, I really seem to attract crazy people.
    My current job is working as a cashier at a gas station called Murphy USA. I work closing shifts. There is a "ghetto" style neighborhood about a block away, just behind the walmart, so we get all kinds of customers. And that's fine. Most of them are awesome people that I love having as regulars. But there have been a few...

One night a guy came up, drunk off his ass, and asked for his typical cigarettes. He was a regular, but he'd never been to my window drunk before. He paid, went to leave, then turned around and asked if I liked to "Taste the rainbow?" We were having a promotion for Skittles and Starburst at the time, so I spun it like that, "Sure! Our rainbow candy is delish, and we're selling it 2 packs for a dollar!" "Nah, dude, do you like to taste the RAINBOW? Do you want my number?" I smiled, told him to have a good night, closed the window, then retreated to the back room and watched the cameras to make sure he was gone before I came back to the front.

Part of my job is to ask people for their ID when they're purchasing tobacco products. In my state, the legal age for tobacco is 19. Unless you look over the age of 40, we have to request your ID. If you don't have it with you, no sale can be made. If it's expired, even by a day, no sale can be made (and I have had to deny customers over a day past expiration ID). We do accept the paper copy of IDs, the temporary you get when you renew. And I absolutely love getting customers who bitch about how I'm new (been there since July) or I have never worked nights (I'm main closer) and how they never bring their IDs before. Never seen them before and never see them again. It's interesting, really.
    Anyway, I had this one guy come up trying to get a pack of cigarillos. He looked young, like high school age, but I'm REALLY bad at telling someone's age and figure if they look younger than my mother, I'm carding them; if they look older, they should be okay (my mother is 48, but doesn't look it). I card him, he tells me he doesn't have it, but he's 24 years old. I apologize, inform him I cannot make the sale without his ID, and ask him if there's anything else I can help him with. He continues asking me to sell them the pack of cigarillos saying he'll bring me his ID another day or he'll slip me a $5 or whatever. Each time I apologize that I cannot help him without his ID to continue the sale. He then tells me, "Ya know, you'd be happier if you had a black dude in your life." I laugh it off and he walks away.
    He then comes in the next night, around the same time, but since he wasn't a regular, I didn't really recognize him right away. Same ordeal, tries to get a pack of cigarillos, I ask for his ID, he says he doesn't have it, then tries to make the sale continue. Right as he's about to walk away, he stops and pulls out his ID claiming, "Oh right, I had it the entire time!" Scan the ID, tell him the total, exchange money and goods, and tell him to have a good night. Before walking away, he again told me that I would be happier if I had a black dude in my life. Then asked me, "Do you like to fuck black dudes?" Informed him that what I do or do not do in my personal life is not his concern. "So you don't like black people? You're racist." and walked away. He did not appear to be on anything. I didn't smell alcohol nor pot, and both are pretty easy to pick up. I have not seen him up at the store since, either.

As a delivery driver for Domino's Pizza a few years ago, I went to this one house. The guy always wanted you to give him a call before getting there. It's not an unreasonable notion, often times customers needed to put pets away (or children for that matter) and wanted to know exactly when you'd be showing up so they could be ready for you. And this guy wanted to be ready, but not in the same sense. Also, my "sincere" voice is higher pitched. Outside of when I'm sick or talking to friends/family, I'm typically called "Ma'am" on the phone. I don't really care to correct people, because really, why should I care? But anyway, I gave the guy a call, told him I'd be pulling into his driveway in about ten minutes, and to make sure the porchlight was on. He seemed fine with the idea and responded with something along the lines of, "I look forward to your arrival." It was odd, but I've said weirder things, so I brushed it off. Pulled up next to his car, got the hotbag out, went up to his door, and knocked. He opened the door and revealed himself to be a heavy set guy, easily into his 40s or 50s, wearing absolutely nothing and was glistening in all the wrong places (whether oil or sweat, I cared not to ask). With one hand trailing over his belly, he asked if I wanted something other than cash as payment. Since it was dark and my cap was pulled down some to shield his porchlight from my eyes, I'm not sure if he could tell I'm male. I didn't really want to tell him or anything, either; I turned on my heel, walked back to my car tossing the hotbag into the passenger seat, and drove back to the store. Then proceeded to blacklist his information in the computer stating that we are to never deliver to him again.

These three aren't even close to all of them. They aren't even the worst. They're just the three that immediately came to mind when I was reading through this thread. xP
    Eshraem / Tiraka / Iaqalis / Izare / Sinzhetu / Daezek / Asri / Zelven / Tseta / Kisei / Rheasil

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    But hey, i'll let you spank the monkey whilst imagining rapists being boned by Bubba the anal destroyer - veteran of the poppers conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    It is uncommon, Jehovah's Witnesses use profiling. They'll send female members out during the weekdays in the mid-morning/noon/afternoons when typically women are at home. The men are sent out during weekends/evenings when the men will be home.

And I said profiling, it will change from area to area obviously. They know their areas, and I've only ever seen female members around here, from those time slot.

It's not uncommon. People answer the door in their underwear all the time. It won't shock them. I was a JW for 24 years, you aren't educating me.

*edit* but as you said it likely depends on the area. I lived in a big city with lots of diversity and people do everything you can think of all the time. Could be different in other places *shrug* I just don't see JW ladies being shocked and outraged by a man in his undies.
    Last edited by xinjun; 2014-03-07 at 12:33 PM.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun