Thread: Reset quests

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
    This guy who keeps saying he isn't getting one is just saying it because it's easier than to admit to himself that he is wrong.
    Just went through this small thread looking for posters claiming to have killed SK and not gotten a legendary - I count three people. For what it's worth, I also asked in chat last night, and found a few more people who had not gotten legendaries.

I reset a couple of days ago on my Barbarian, SK did drop a legendary, none of the others have so far though (just started act 4). At what point can you reset again though? The button is greyed out for me. Do you need to complete the game again?

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a legendary this morning on my Barbarian from Skeleton King before, level 60, Torment 2. Had 3-4 legendaries so far and only just killed the Spider Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by gonterf View Post
    Just went through this small thread looking for posters claiming to have killed SK and not gotten a legendary - I count three people. For what it's worth, I also asked in chat last night, and found a few more people who had not gotten legendaries.
    A few people claiming that they haven't gotten one vs every single person in my 107 person clan, every other person in this thread and Blizzard. I think I'm going to side with what I know. I think there were other things going on with them, such as they didn't reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    I reset a couple of days ago on my Barbarian, SK did drop a legendary, none of the others have so far though (just started act 4). At what point can you reset again though? The button is greyed out for me. Do you need to complete the game again?
    You can reset once you "beat" the game again.

I killed SK for the first time on a BRAND NEW character today.

No Legendary. I don't think it was ever guaranteed, it was just a really high chance...
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any reason I can't reset the game after I've already reset?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Any reason I can't reset the game after I've already reset?
    Have you "beat" the game again. This means not skipping any part of the quests etc....

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you "beat" the game again. This means not skipping any part of the quests etc....
    Oh. No. I guess I just assumed people were resetting over and over getting a ton of legendaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    I reset the quests yesterday on my new lvl 60 Monk and got a legendary ring from the Skeleton King. While not a dps upgrade, it had insane defensive stats.

I think that for a huge chunk of people the legendary is guaranteed, but since it's a bug with unknown effects some may not even experience it. Though, from the looks of it the bug is certainly in the game, and I like it. =D

Deleted
    The only way to state that it's guaranteed every time would be for someone to reset their quests at least a couple dozen times, and see if they get a legendary every single time. I'm guessing a lot of the people here who are saying they've reset and gotten a legendary have reset just a single time on a single character, and as such it might very well be that it works for the first time for a lot of people (didn't for me), but that's still far from claiming it's guaranteed every single time. And it's not, not for everyone, as that's clearly been proven by now.

Maybe if someone made a video resetting their quests, killing the bosses (especially SK), and repeating this procedure like at least a dozen times, it would be a bit more convincing than people just saying random stuff.

However, if it's just a "guaranteed" legendary from SK, and you need to slog through the entire game for that single drop, then you'd have to be out of your mind to do so. You can find 10 legendaries by just farming Mira in the time it takes you to go through a single reset.

Deleted
    If you reset SK will drop a legendary.

There is a bug where you currently cannot reset if you have pre-ordered the game.
    this sucks.. i have preordered and cant reset quests the button was there while in a group tho, but not soloplay. i also wanna farm them legendaries from SK.

Have reset my quests 3 times now and every time SK has dropped a legendary, even had mobs right before i got to him drop one then he dropped one as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    Have reset my quests 3 times now and every time SK has dropped a legendary, even had mobs right before i got to him drop one then he dropped one as well.
    What's your MF% at? Sounds to me like you're getting lucky with legendary drops regardless. Might not have anything to do with resetting quests.

A new character I started the game with got a legendary from first kill of SK, and a level 60 I did the reset quests option with got a legendary from first kill of SK.

I actually like the option to reset quests so far, aside from the SK legendary thing (only reset once so far though).

Might want to read the tooltip before you press any buttons then? Think that was quite obvious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Might want to read the tooltip before you press any buttons then? Think that was quite obvious.
    Seeing as how we used to reset quests before this patch, no, it wasn't obvious, at all. And as I said, I didn't read the tooltip. Mainly because it didn't occur to me that this button, placed in the middle of everything, would be anything but the same old reset from before this patch.

I've heard from quite a few people now how they don't like the quest UI at all, including this button. When farming, you need to click on the "change" which is exactly above the reset button, to choose the quest (even if it's the same you're on), to reset the game, instead of clicking "reset", which is what you want to do; reset.

So yeah, the design isn't exactly intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    I killed SK for the first time on a BRAND NEW character today.

No Legendary. I don't think it was ever guaranteed, it was just a really high chance...
    yep my lvl 15 demon hunter didn't get a leg either. but my warrior did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah.....so I just did the same thing as you OP. FML indeed, I was doing Mira runs and my brain was on auto-pilot didn't pay attention and clicked the reset campaign option. Which imo is fucking retarded. I even called Blizz to see if they could reverse my dumbass mistake it's a no go. Now I'm hoping I can piggy back certain acts to try to get back to my fully unlocked campaign.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Seeing as how we used to reset quests before this patch, no, it wasn't obvious, at all. And as I said, I didn't read the tooltip. Mainly because it didn't occur to me that this button, placed in the middle of everything, would be anything but the same old reset from before this patch.

I've heard from quite a few people now how they don't like the quest UI at all, including this button. When farming, you need to click on the "change" which is exactly above the reset button, to choose the quest (even if it's the same you're on), to reset the game, instead of clicking "reset", which is what you want to do; reset.

So yeah, the design isn't exactly intelligent.
    I second this, totally backwards ass design imo.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    snip
    Between new first kills since the patch and resetting to just keep leveling, I agree that resetting just get one free legendary is stupid, I have NEVER not got one off SK. I, along with every person I've actually played/reset with have ALWAYS got one. As for making a video, why don't YOU make one because you're the minority on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearin View Post
    this sucks.. i have preordered and cant reset quests the button was there while in a group tho, but not soloplay. i also wanna farm them legendaries from SK.
    They fixed that bug and you can reset if you pre-ordered the game. If you're unable to do it now, chances are you missed a quest and have to find out which one it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Yeah.....so I just did the same thing as you OP. FML indeed, I was doing Mira runs and my brain was on auto-pilot didn't pay attention and clicked the reset campaign option. Which imo is fucking retarded. I even called Blizz to see if they could reverse my dumbass mistake it's a no go. Now I'm hoping I can piggy back certain acts to try to get back to my fully unlocked campaign.

I second this, totally backwards ass design imo.

Mira runs, so you mean you called Blizz to see if they could undue your mistake rather than take the 20min to just get back there? I find this simply unbelievable.

Also it asks you TWICE if you want to reset your quests. It's not like you click it once and "oh no......" Be more aware and if you're "worried" about losing time, just put it on normal and rip through the game in like 45min. You will have all your quests/way points back.

10+ Year Old Account

Mira runs, so you mean you called Blizz to see if they could undue your mistake rather than take the 20min to just get back there? I find this simply unbelievable.

Also it asks you TWICE if you want to reset your quests. It's not like you click it once and "oh no......" Be more aware and if you're "worried" about losing time, just put it on normal and rip through the game in like 45min. You will have all your quests/way points back.
    Yeah Mira runs wasn't the issue, it's the fact that the rest of the campaign is completely reset. When I called Blizz the rep told me I was like the 60th caller today that made that mistake. Apparently it's not so "unbelievable" that people make that mistake.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.