Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    "Oh, this crossbow increases my damage by thirty-two thousand percent. That's pretty good."

Deleted
    Worth noting that finding the cursed chest event is not as easy as this video makes it seem, I loaded on Halls of Agony 3, 30 times just to test it and didn't get the cursed chest once. I did however boost my husband from 1-50 in 30 minutes just on a quick butcher run T1 letting him hang back so as long as they allow level 1s to group with level 60s in torment, the levelling is not slow. 50-60 seems to take longer but I'd estimate an hour or two should be adequate even without any special events.

As long as you have a friend farming at 60 just hop in their game (obviously ask them first :P) and you should get your alts to 60 in no time. I can only assume this is known & intended, it was up on the PTR for long enough.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just did at least 30 runs of this. Seems to spawn about a third of the time. Cursed chests are awesome for XP and this is probably the best way to go for pure XP. However it's incredibly boring and there are other runs that are close to this amount of XP and award more items. Items however really aren't that big of a deal considering in a month they will all be mostly useless anyway.

Loot 2.0 and this patch in particular should have come out ages ago ;(

Well,higher difficulties are just made with humongous xp/gold bonuses, so while the chest on agony 3 looks really convenient, it's just as fast to get boosted through quests by a lvl 60 friend.

Hell, even leveling normally with hellfire+ruby on helm makes leveling trivial.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Worth noting that finding the cursed chest event is not as easy as this video makes it seem, I loaded on Halls of Agony 3, 30 times just to test it and didn't get the cursed chest once.
    Guess the "problem" is fixed then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Guess the "problem" is fixed then.
    I could just be unlucky or doing it wrong, I'm really not sure.

Official blue post on the subject:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

I can certainly see why you would consider it unfair, but as I said, I do not yet know if anyone will be punished. This is also why I urge people to refrain from doing it now, as that is the only guaranteed way for individual players to avoid such an ugly situation. That said, I doubt we will be taking any serious actions here, it is just that I cannot guarantee that we will not. i.e. better be safe than sorry.
    Source: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9873557614#8

They are aware of it, and are contemplating taking action against abusers. They are uncertain atm but warn that it is best to play it safe for now.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted
    I just finished boosting my husband to 60 (boosting as in, playing the game normally with him in the party, not using the technique in the video), it actually went pretty quickly considering he didn't put an exp gem in his helm until 55 /rolls eyes. I think that 1-60 in 60-90 minutes without using any bugs or exploits at all, is perfectly doable right now, if you get a 20%+ exp helm before level 50. Quicker if you just have a full set of +exp gear you use for alts.

No reason to risk your account to save an hour anyway.

Hot fixed or still there?

It is still currently working. Farming paragon levels atm, 1 level every 2 runs or so currently at 89

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is like standing at an accident shooting video with your phone and not lending a hand to help out. You chose to post a youtube have how to do this, when all you should have done is put a ticket in and report the problem. Cheating is cheating their no other name for it. I always report the bugs I find, so they can plug the hole. that is what good people do, not make youtubes and show people how to cheat. Even if they were already aware of the problem, obviously their still continues to be issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Quixdraw View Post
    This is like standing at an accident shooting video with your phone and not lending a hand to help out. You chose to post a youtube have how to do this, when all you should have done is put a ticket in and report the problem. Cheating is cheating their no other name for it. I always report the bugs I find, so they can plug the hole. that is what good people do, not make youtubes and show people how to cheat. Even if they were already aware of the problem, obviously their still continues to be issues.
    Because Alkaizer runs were cheating too right? It's simply another method of fast leveling that will most likely be patched over, then people will discover other quick ways to gain levels. I fail to see how farming 1 spot is considering cheating when it's from an intended mechanic they just implemented.

Whatever helps you sleep at night I suppose though

Deleted
    can't really believe people would say this is working as intended and not some kind of exploit.

I fail to see how taking advantage of this is wrong. It is EXACTLY like crypt farming in the previous patch, which was allowed for months. I understand that blizzard may have forgotten to nerf the exp. We are just using the working game mechanics to our advantage, its not like we are creating a bug or glitch to obtain these exp amounts. But havent they also learned not to put events RIGHT next to checkpoints?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    It's obviously unintended. When something is unintended and it is clearly apparent to you (as is in this case), and you still go ahead and use it, it's considered an exploit. Bugs and coding errors aren't considered game mechanics, at the very least not intended game mechanics, and the "intended" -part is key here.

You can feign ignorance on anything. That, however, changes nothing.
    Solo-tanking heroic Malkorok's blood rage phase is "unintended and... clearly apparent" and Blizzard is 100% fine with it. Splitting up the Dark Shaman bosses is the same. The He desperate measures phase isn't intended to be soloed by a tank on heroic, but that happens every day. You aren't supposed to run away from heroic Iron Juggernaut during the Siege phase, but the majority of groups use that strategy. You aren't supposed to be able to get on the Siegecrafter conveyer belt more than once every other belt, but some classes are capable of it. It's clearly not intended that groups completely ignore the second transition phase on Heroic Garrosh, but people still do that.

None of those are considered exploits.

So, let's be clear here: The topic in this post? Yeah, probably an exploit. But, by your definition, everything else I posted is also an exploit. In other words, your definition of exploit is, at best, incomplete. At worst, it's flat-out wrong.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2014-02-27 at 08:51 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by LummyBear View Post
    can't really believe people would say this is working as intended and not some kind of exploit.
    Can't believe people really think that this is some major exploit considering paragon levels are uncapped and Blizzard doesn't give a shit about 1-60 leveling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jordonus View Post
    Can't believe people really think that this is some major exploit considering paragon levels are uncapped and Blizzard doesn't give a shit about 1-60 leveling.
    So you still think this is working as intended? lol

Quote Originally Posted by jordonus View Post
    Pretty much, 1-60 is just a time waster , at least to anyone that has played the game prior. I only have a monk left to get to 60 before RoS (if I even pick it up) and wouldn't mind doing this just to get it over with. I wouldn't use it for paragon leveling or anything, I just hate the grind to 60

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Official blue post on the subject:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

I can certainly see why you would consider it unfair, but as I said, I do not yet know if anyone will be punished. This is also why I urge people to refrain from doing it now, as that is the only guaranteed way for individual players to avoid such an ugly situation. That said, I doubt we will be taking any serious actions here, it is just that I cannot guarantee that we will not. i.e. better be safe than sorry.
    Source: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9873557614#8

They are aware of it, and are contemplating taking action against abusers. They are uncertain atm but warn that it is best to play it safe for now.
    Let me translate that "Please give us time and don't use this as we don't know yet how to implement proper fix for it".

Blizzard isn't stupid enough to ban people for chest farming especially when they would have to ban most of their streamers (who also happen to be free advertisement for them). So happy farming until it's fixed

So what's the purpose of having pre-Paragon levels anymore? Gated skill/rune unlocks?