Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

How to get in raiding?

For all years and all expansions I have had this issue.

I have never got in raiding scene. It is extremely hard to get in good raiding guild that actually can raid without any experience at all. Also gearing is big issue even though we have LFR. LFR as gearing route is very long and frustrating, people can easily farm LFR for months without getting any real progress in gearing.

I dont think I can get in Siege of orgrimmar anymore in this expansion because I did not raid in Cataclysm heroic level and by the time I have good gear for normal SoO, WoD is probably coming.

Deleted
    Then you're being unrealistic. You won't find a guild 'that actually can raid without any experience at all'. Get your LFR gear/ join some flex pugs and then apply to guilds with something like 4/14 Normal and work your way up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get flex gear, find a guild that is working on normals or get pugged. It isn't nearly as hard as you're making it out to be unless your server has population issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    One of the best tips i can give you is to try and join omse of the guilds that are recruiting for WoD. Tell them that you are a new raider but that you will use this time between now and WoD to hone your skills. Chances are they will let you raid with them on some occasions.
    Now as for yourself. To get, and stay, in a raiding guild you need to practise(especially if you havent raided before). Make sure you know your totation(if your are dps) so well that you can perform it mostly while not looking at it.

Make sure you go to icy veins/EJ(bit outdated) to read up on your class, try class forums if you are confused about anything. Askmrrobot.com is a good tool for new players who arent all that used to gemming and allocating stats.

Most of all though, make sure you actually know the bosses. Dont expect that you know them from LFR, you dont. Go read guides, join flex pugs, try and join normal pugs when your gear allows it.

The best time to join raiding guilds is allways at the start of an expansion as most guilds are recruiting and the gear requirement isnt high, AND you dont need to know a lot of tacs by heart.

Other then that, its really not as hard as you make it out to be. If you have decent gear, and you know your class i'm betting anyone could find a raiding guild.

Also make sure you have the craftet BoE epics from the newest tier, that you have cloak and that you farm ordos.

Besides a guild taking you on a whim, you won't be getting anywhere without any experience (or friends). I entered the raid scene after pugging dungeons and then transitioning into raiding. Whenever I had to move on, I would talk up the guild/raid leaders and fill out an application. These days, you will most likely have to do some sort of trial and/or showing some logs. (Assuming this isn't some let's bring any random super casual get nothing done raid group)

As an aside, your best bet would be to pug flex because LFR is a much bigger time sink even if you get dud groups in flex. The gear being much closer to normal (instead of barely above reg ToT) helps your performance and chances much more. Barring exceptions, you'll need the best enchants and gear available to you (legendary meta/cape). To say the least, it's to show you put in some effort and attempting to not suck.
    Stay salty my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    you have to pug a lot. then join a guild who can't kill too many bosses. then apply to a guild who can kill more bosses. and keep moving up until you find people around your skill level or that you just enjoy raiding with.

Deleted
    I went from nowhere into the Realm 4th guild (at the time there were 10 guilds with around the same progress, now there's...Well 2...) simply because I could write a very good app. I didn't have the gear to pull off the HPS, but I had the gear to show I knew my shit.
    I think applying to guilds is partly about how you show yourself. My first application ever to a raiding guild was about 3 A4 pages of me describing different scenarios and how I would re-act, what abilities I would use depending on the desired outcome and just used all the knowledge I had to give at least 2-3 uses of every single ability I had.
    Now we're Realm 2nd, we get quite a few apps a month from people with similar experience. Recently we got an app from someone with I think... 9/14hc? You'd expect a certain level of class knowledge and skill, yet taking one look at the guys armoury just showed you he was completely boosted. His logs were god-awful and he basically got loot because he'd been in the guild since it was founded and only just got ratted out. Now compare that scenario to me, applying with ZERO hc raiding experience, fuck all gear outside normal clears of Firelands but the effort, dedication and knowledge to write an app to impress.

Aim high, but not overly unrealistic. Write big, be confident and I think you'll surprise yourself.

Deleted
    You guys say that but the way things are now it's almost impossible for someone fresh to get into the raiding scene... have you seen the pug requirements for flex? 540 for p1-p2 and 550-560 for p3-p4, 550-560 ilvl for normal PLUS curve achievement else no invite... My warlock is 545 ilvl and even if I would come back I doubt I could raid properly anymore with these absurb requirements... I remember back when flex was first released that I did it with 505 ilvl first and second part (my group had ilvl around that too) and p3 520, p4 530...

But there is still hope! Try to form your own pugs alone or with friends, learn your class mechanics as well as the raid's really good and then form a decent application for a decent guild. Don't aim too high, but don't aim too low either. 90% of the time they will give you at least a trial! Good luck :3

Deleted
    Serenia is right, requirements for Flex raid are unreasonably high.

Also good guilds almoust without exception require experience from full normal clears or even heroics.

I dont understand why people ask for experience in raiding. Because even if I had heroic LK 25 kill from when the raid was current, it does not help me in Siege of Orgrimmar or any raid.

Learning one raid does not teach you any other raid than the one you learned. If I had LKHC25 achievement and I joined some decent guild raiding SoO, I would be nothing different from any casual average raider because 1. I have no experience in playing with new team 2. All I can do at that point is read boss tactics and everyone knows them.

Individual skill is not major issue for anyone in raiding, the hard part is to play together as a team.

we had a tank and two heals in normal SoO with 511 gear -if you know how to play then at least for the first few bosses that's enough . As others have said there are many many guilds out there still at 5 to 7 /14 in normal who would love a regular raid member

Deleted
    I'll agree pugging Flex is absurd, the amount of cunts that will complain if you have anything less than 550 is just sickening.

However, individual skill is a huuuuuge issue in raids. 25man can carry bad players, 10 man cannot. If you're applying to raid in a 10man HC guild it's crucial you're on par with everyone else.
    Last edited by mmocddc07f7463; 2014-02-27 at 11:49 AM. Reason: honeybees and tea

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sul View Post
    we had a tank and two heals in normal SoO with 511 gear -if you know how to play then at least for the first few bosses that's enough . As others have said there are many many guilds out there still at 5 to 7 /14 in normal who would love a regular raid member
    Good luck finding guild with todays inflated requirements.

If your ilvl is high enough, which is easy with LFR/celestials/ordos/legendary, you should be able to join flex pugs with no problem. I have been in several, no questions asked about experience or achievement.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Good luck finding guild with todays inflated requirements.
    On My server there are only around 60 guilds that have killed 1 boss in SoO . there are many many more who cant get enough to raid with , been like that all expansion and we are just too stubborn to merge guilds ( plus that rarely works anyway ) . My own guild has not had 10 guild members in any of our SoO raids . Your mileage may vary on your server but its a similar story on most oceanic servers , with the exception of probably frostmourne and Bath

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Serenia is right, requirements for Flex raid are unreasonably high.

Also good guilds almoust without exception require experience from full normal clears or even heroics.

I dont understand why people ask for experience in raiding. Because even if I had heroic LK 25 kill from when the raid was current, it does not help me in Siege of Orgrimmar or any raid.

Learning one raid does not teach you any other raid than the one you learned. If I had LKHC25 achievement and I joined some decent guild raiding SoO, I would be nothing different from any casual average raider because 1. I have no experience in playing with new team 2. All I can do at that point is read boss tactics and everyone knows them.

Individual skill is not major issue for anyone in raiding, the hard part is to play together as a team.
    If you did LK25 hc when it was current it means you were a skilled raider at one point and in a good guild,and now you want to get back into raiding,individual skill in raids matters,teamwork aswell, you have to start somewhere. As many have said theres loads of guilds still progressing trough normal SOO or even clearing flex every week. If you can't get into flex pugs....make your own? with your requirements and when you have time? its easy to get high ilvl now,probably the easiest its ever been,Legendary+Ordos drops+flex/LFR/Celestials.

Also,I have no idea what guild would ask for cata/wotlk exp,I always thought its just a bonus to your application,most are interested in progress you did this expansion,but earlier exp is always welcome
    Last edited by Miloscub; 2014-02-27 at 12:04 PM.

Deleted
    LKHC25 raider is no different from average raider if he does not have his old team to play with. What makes good guilds good is the teamwork and synergy, people know exactly how their teammates play together without even saying anything in TS etc. Thats why paragon is able to beat 100% unknown raid boss in blizzcon, not because they know their rotation, they manage it because they play perfectly as a team.

Asking for raid experience has no reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes teamwork and synergy is important,aswell as communication when raiding,but individual skill does matter aswell, it works together you see.
    A lot of high skilled players + teamwork = good progress
    A lot of high skilled players - teamwork = not so good progress

If you killed lk25 hc pre-cata it shows that you are skilled in the class you play and can take the pressure of high-end raiding and the responsibility not to screw up and stand in shadow-traps/defile. Which means you were skilled and have raid awareness.ofc this isn't true for all 25 people involved,some were carried/boosted,but it was one of the hardest fights blizz have put out. And if you done it,and all the bosses in there as hc,means that normal raiding shouldn't be a major problem to handle on the mechanics side of things,yes bosses are more elaborate and complicated now,but normal would still be a cakewalk for you if you were a hc raider in wrath/cata
    Last edited by Miloscub; 2014-02-27 at 12:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miloscub View Post
    Also,I have no idea what guild would ask for cata/wotlk exp,I always thought its just a bonus to your application,most are interested in progress you did this expansion,but earlier exp is always welcome
    Guilds usually let people in with no proper gear if they have good raiding history.

Deleted
    I dont understand how to make good application without alot of raiding experience. I can write nice words about how I am the most awesome person in the world but it will not get me in raiding guild.

Deleted
    As i see in trade:

LF 1 tanks, 2 heals, 3 DPS Flex 1, 545+ Whisper me.

GG.