Deleted

Project Blood Death Knight

Hello!
    Me and my group have decided to give realm fastest clears a go before the end of the era of MoP CMs. We have already done multiple gold runs on mains / alt, but this time it is different, since we are trying to tailor a somewhat "perfect" setup.

The group is as followed:
    Blood dk (me, yes i know that Monks are beast for cms, but i want to do it on my death knight)
    Disc priest
    SV hunter
    Frost mage
    and Ele shaman.

Giving the fact that we are situated in a low pop server with no hardcore guilds out there. No guild has accomplished 14/14 hc clears yet and the fact that most of the best runs on the server are not impossible to beat. Because most clears are 2,3 minutes faster then the required time, we feel that this project is somewhat graspable.

In order to make the path of the fastest challenge mode Dk on my server, i seek help from fellow Death Knights.

What i want to know is :
    Tips and tricks in the different instances.
    Through lfr, what gear list should i aim for as "BiS"? I know that sockets/socket bonus works in cms, so i am currently focusing on any gear with secondary stats being "mastery/defensive stat".
    Are some of the talents musthaves in different scenarios? RW is a must yes, but some of the others?
    What professions would you guys think are the best?

Thats what i can think of right now.

Hope you guys are willing to spare some knowledge to a fellow Death Knight

Speed runs are largely a matter of pulling properly and having the right strats/cc needed. Go watch youtube/twitch for challenge mode runs similar to the times you are aiming for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Speed runs are largely a matter of pulling properly and having the right strats/cc needed. Go watch youtube/twitch for challenge mode runs similar to the times you are aiming for.
    Hai! I play a DK in Challenge Modes and getting realm best times with a DK is no problem!
    Currently ranked world 3 DK when counting Asia, but EU 1!

CM BiS list!
    The stats to go for when pushing times are: Hit(7.5)/Exp(7.5)>Crit>Haste>Strength

When I first started doing ream best times we just used the same tactic as all the monks do in practically all their videos.
    I got some videos of CMs with DK on my youtube maybe it can help some!

Feel free to send me a PM or 2 if you got more questions!

Deleted
    Heya Kassina,

Just interested but why are you going full Crit for the CMs as a tank? Is it purely for additional DPS? or is mastery not so great at the ilvl?

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormhelm View Post
    Heya Kassina,

Just interested but why are you going full Crit for the CMs as a tank? Is it purely for additional DPS? or is mastery not so great at the ilvl?

Cheers!
    Purely for DPS. In challenge modes tank DPS is EXTREMELY important and mastery gives absolutely 0 to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormhelm View Post
    Heya Kassina,

Cheers!
    Yeah, It's all for the DPS!

Kassina's build is for going for pure DPS to get realm best (or region best or even world best) best times.

If you're just trying to get Golds, you should go for Dodge/Parry if you want to increase your DPS, which will give you almost as big as an increase to your DPS as Crit, and also give you a big boost to your survival.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryopathy View Post
    Kassina's build is for going for pure DPS to get realm best (or region best or even world best) best times.

If you're just trying to get Golds, you should go for Dodge/Parry if you want to increase your DPS, which will give you almost as big as an increase to your DPS as Crit, and also give you a big boost to your survival.
    Yeah Dodge/Parry is actually really viable! you lose some damage but the DMG is still damn good