Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by elmowaki View Post
    Yes because only then you really truly completed the game
    You have never completed the game, so get trucking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Thats pretty childish, so you would also boycott PS5 completely if they were to release it a bit later than the other consoles?

Not that you make any difference.
    You know, it's attitudes like this that essentially say to Blizzard that they should just keep feeding their customers shit sandwiches and expect adoration for it. You, the loyal fanboy, will let them away with anything.

Time after time, after time, after time Blizzard have explicitly stated that they want to cut down on the amount of time it takes between expansions; yet, here we are, in the same old place, with the same old issue and the same old hogwash being spouted as an excuse. We're given to understand that WoD was further along in development at BlizzCon than MoP was, and we're also supposedly talking about a far bigger development team now working on World of Warcraft. There's only a single new feature this time around, there are no new classes to iterate and test, with no huge changes to current classes planned. So... What's the hold up?

It's inexcusable to be in this position again.

Yet, as soon as someone complains, the Fanboy Army of Darkness descends to scream down dissentors with their chosen weapons of war; unlimited white noise to drown everything else out.

There's absolutely nothing childish about deciding that you're going to say enough is enough and you're no longer comfortable with awful service. A year of subscription with no content is a lot of money poured down the drain, especially when most people are probably done with the content in a month or two. So you could just unsubscribe. Well, yes, you could and Blizzard probably expects that many will - but this is where the rubber meets the road, because it implies that they don't actually care much about your subscription any more.

So, yeah, who cares if a person leaves? One person isn't important. Yet, when that one person speaks for a great many people (as is often the case), a larger shift in attitude can occur and more people leave. We've often talked of the knock-on effect this can have on servers and groups of friends and, while we can't say what the exact effect is, we can certainly say that it's detrimental to server communities.

Those very same communities, for those who don't know, that encourage people to stick with MMORPG's.

But yeah, just keep mocking and shouting down those with the audacity to suggest that coughing up over £100 for nothing is idiotic.

I hope if makes you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Zell the Malefic View Post
    snip
    Unsubbing because you have no content is perfectly fine. I do that when there's nothing more for me to do. Boycotting a game because it is released a bit late is perfectly fine to. I probably will buy WoD on release as I've always enjoyed each expansion.

Blizzard as a whole cares about is sub base as they want money and a lost customer is lost money. I will do what I always do, if I enjoy the game I will play if I don't then I stop. If someone laughs at you for unsubbing and not wasting your money as you have nothing to do then you should not let it bother you tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    As if that statement actually means anything.

You'll buy Warlords of Draenor like everyone else will, play that for several months, probably get bored, unsubscribe, whine on the forums and then return with everyone else with every major patch.

It's nothing unique, a lot of people do it...
    I think what he meant was that if the OP had a problem with the wait he could just unsubscribe and wait till the expansion comes out like a lot of people do.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I guess y'all have cleared Heroic Garrosh.
    i didnt but i will be taking a break soon in 4 weeks when my sub runs out - i wish i did it month ago but since recruiting is a bitch i stayed subbed cause my guildies asked me to but i gave them 2 motnh time to find replacemnt for me - did 11/14 HC and i feel its more then enough for me - dont find it any fun to do 1 night farm and then 2 nights of banging my head agains wall for month or 2 months on 1 boss - its just not the fun i look in game and i dont want to guild hop - i will be back in WoD but untill then just gonna enjoy either wildstar or TEoS rather then long on only 3 nights a week for raid and then log off imidiately after cause im to bored to do soo on multiple alts.

and u can call me bad player and noob - but im one of thoe who really enjoyed the stackiing buff either in ICC or DS - it gave me incentive to stay subbe cuase i knew that even though we arent good enough to kill this boss this month well get him next one - and farm which is boring like fuck was taking less and less time then its tkaing nowadays.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2014-03-05 at 12:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Unsubbing because you have no content is perfectly fine. I do that when there's nothing more for me to do. Boycotting a game because it is released a bit late is perfectly fine to. I probably will buy WoD on release as I've always enjoyed each expansion.

Blizzard as a whole cares about is sub base as they want money and a lost customer is lost money. I will do what I always do, if I enjoy the game I will play if I don't then I stop. If someone laughs at you for unsubbing and not wasting your money as you have nothing to do then you should not let it bother you tbh.
    As is usual with you, Khalltusk, your commentary is sensible.

My gripe here is twofold:

1) When someone says "lol blizz no care about u unsub", the evidence is mounting up that it's true. They have their biggest team, a pretty small expansion to get out and were apparently further along... But we're still waiting a year. Blizzard knows that this will cost subscriptions, has the means to fix it, and doesn't. That's damning.

2) A lost customer, therefore, is not considered lost cash. Blizzard would seem to believe that the money is coming in elsewhere, and that's why we're seeing scummy business practices such as the online shop that's becoming more and more prevalent. This is a worry, because it implies that Blizzard are already resigned to heading in this route.

I'm not going to wax lyrically about certain things, but Blizzard are clearly aware that they have an army of loyal fanboys who will praise them no matter what they do. Look at the launch of Diablo 3 as an example; it was a dreadful launch, yet we were still treated like whining, snot-nosed brats for daring to complain that the service wasn't. Fucking. Good enough. The problem is that it looks more and more as if Blizzard wants to milk this fanbase rather than build a better game for new players coming in.

Also, let's not forget that continuously subbing for content and then re-subbing is already a very common practice... In free-to-play games.

Is that really where we're headed?

You have never completed the game, so get trucking.
    I missed this little beauty.

Unfortunately, there is only person who decides when they're done with content; the individual player. It's not an arbitrary stranger on the Internet who applies his single view universally.

Sorry.

Deleted
    just cancel your sub,.
    Mine has just run out, not planning to renew until WoD, and then only if I'm not playing something else.

Bliz takes the risk they lose players by taking so long, and they've tried the "faster content" line before, its always been bullshit. So just ditch your sub if you dont like it.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    You mean when kids get out of school and college for 3 months? Yeah, who would do that?
    And are usually out on vacations... Or just out, playing in the sun..
    Summer is really bad time for games..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    You know, it's attitudes like this that essentially say to Blizzard that they should just keep feeding their customers shit sandwiches and expect adoration for it. You, the loyal fanboy, will let them away with anything.

Time after time, after time, after time Blizzard have explicitly stated that they want to cut down on the amount of time it takes between expansions; yet, here we are, in the same old place, with the same old issue and the same old hogwash being spouted as an excuse. We're given to understand that WoD was further along in development at BlizzCon than MoP was, and we're also supposedly talking about a far bigger development team now working on World of Warcraft. There's only a single new feature this time around, there are no new classes to iterate and test, with no huge changes to current classes planned. So... What's the hold up?

It's inexcusable to be in this position again.

Yet, as soon as someone complains, the Fanboy Army of Darkness descends to scream down dissentors with their chosen weapons of war; unlimited white noise to drown everything else out.

There's absolutely nothing childish about deciding that you're going to say enough is enough and you're no longer comfortable with awful service. A year of subscription with no content is a lot of money poured down the drain, especially when most people are probably done with the content in a month or two. So you could just unsubscribe. Well, yes, you could and Blizzard probably expects that many will - but this is where the rubber meets the road, because it implies that they don't actually care much about your subscription any more.

So, yeah, who cares if a person leaves? One person isn't important. Yet, when that one person speaks for a great many people (as is often the case), a larger shift in attitude can occur and more people leave. We've often talked of the knock-on effect this can have on servers and groups of friends and, while we can't say what the exact effect is, we can certainly say that it's detrimental to server communities.

Those very same communities, for those who don't know, that encourage people to stick with MMORPG's.

But yeah, just keep mocking and shouting down those with the audacity to suggest that coughing up over £100 for nothing is idiotic.

I hope if makes you feel better.
    I agree that it's okay to stop giving money for something you don't enjoy or have done everything that you wanted to achieve, in fact it's probably a smart thing to do so. And valid complaints about the game are also healthy because they help in improving the game.
    But what bothers me are the people that assume their experience is the same as everyone else's and who think that just because they have nothing else to do in the game, they think that everyone else is finished as well, so they want new content out as fast as they can consume it. Yes the wait between the last patch and the next expansion is a bit long, I won't deny that, but complaining about it here while disregarding those that still have things to do in the game doesn't help a lot.
    Personally when I have nothing to do in the game I just unsubscribe for a while and spend that money on other things while waiting for something new to be added to WoW. There are a lot of games and other things in life that can keep me occupied during the wait.

Unfortunately, there is only person who decides when they're done with content; the individual player. It's not an arbitrary stranger on the Internet who applies his single view universally.

Sorry.
    Your despicable tone aside, WoW offers a vast amount of content of various kinds, and how long you stay subbed depends on how much of the content you enjoy. Many people can easily stay subbed all year around, where others may only stay subbed for two months after every patch. Contrary to popular belief, WoW does not fail simply because it can't entertain you 24/7 all year. There are tons of other games to play.

Deleted
    I just cannot understand why the mop patches were delivered the way they were if the developers are telling us they are on schedule with WoD.

If they release the game after a short beta, they contradict their publicly announced desire for long betas.

If we wait until September for WoD they contradict their "content faster, 40% more" announcements.

But mostly it just makes me cross that they didn't hold off on 5.2 for a couple of months and 5.4 for a month as the majority of players still had stuff to do in the respective raids at the time and now they have The real possibility of having nothing for those 3 months that could have had continued progression in toES and ToT heroics.

If there was not a delay, there is no way they would have released siege of Orgrimmar that early. It makes no sense.

Which leaves us with the possibility of a short beta, which I think worries everyone, but half of us secretly hope for. I for one am fine with bugs (there are tonnes that stop quest progression in the game that have been ignored for months in older content) and as long as there is nothing truly game breaking, I'd rather have the product sooner.

As is usual with you, Khalltusk, your commentary is sensible.

My gripe here is twofold:

1) When someone says "lol blizz no care about u unsub", the evidence is mounting up that it's true. They have their biggest team, a pretty small expansion to get out and were apparently further along... But we're still waiting a year. Blizzard knows that this will cost subscriptions, has the means to fix it, and doesn't. That's damning.

2) A lost customer, therefore, is not considered lost cash. Blizzard would seem to believe that the money is coming in elsewhere, and that's why we're seeing scummy business practices such as the online shop that's becoming more and more prevalent. This is a worry, because it implies that Blizzard are already resigned to heading in this route.

I'm not going to wax lyrically about certain things, but Blizzard are clearly aware that they have an army of loyal fanboys who will praise them no matter what they do. Look at the launch of Diablo 3 as an example; it was a dreadful launch, yet we were still treated like whining, snot-nosed brats for daring to complain that the service wasn't. Fucking. Good enough. The problem is that it looks more and more as if Blizzard wants to milk this fanbase rather than build a better game for new players coming in.

Also, let's not forget that continuously subbing for content and then re-subbing is already a very common practice... In free-to-play games.

Is that really where we're headed?

Sorry.
    I think if blizzard losses subs they would care (depending on the number) they have other ways to make cash via the shop of course. All in all if you can create content and retain your subs you're doing well. I think they saw with Cata and some aspects of mob they dropped the ball and I think in Wod some steps have been taken to correct it (re-aligning raiding to be in a better place adding in garrisons seems like a cool new feature etc). Now the big problem comes from how long it will take to make it. If they take too long I will unsub and wait and will play it and buy it on release. I say this because as yet i've yet to hate the start of any expansion.

Actually that is a lie. In TBC while it was awesome while leveling I hit a wall and did not want to level. I then went enhancement after a few days break and enjoyed it. Aside that each expansions been great for me and the story telling (I love stories IN GAMES rather than herp derp no story multiplayer) was awesome.

I think blizzards turn around with their content has gotten better. Content patches in MoP came out in a timely fashion. I do feel they should have had a filler patch though after SoO even if its some scenarios and quests just something to give to players to continue the story and prep us for WoD. But as I say if theres nothing more for me to do then I shall stop. So far i've decided to level a hunter "slowly" just from dungeons alone and I will do each dungeon at least once until I hit cata/mop where I will have to do them many times as there are so few.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    There already are complain/whine-threads on the subject, really no need for another one.
    You should read this thread i made
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-have-a-theory
    Explains why there are multible threads

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    I agree that it's okay to stop giving money for something you don't enjoy or have done everything that you wanted to achieve, in fact it's probably a smart thing to do so. And valid complaints about the game are also healthy because they help in improving the game.
    But what bothers me are the people that assume their experience is the same as everyone else's and who think that just because they have nothing else to do in the game, they think that everyone else is finished as well, so they want new content out as fast as they can consume it. Yes the wait between the last patch and the next expansion is a bit long, I won't deny that, but complaining about it here while disregarding those that still have things to do in the game doesn't help a lot.
    Personally when I have nothing to do in the game I just unsubscribe for a while and spend that money on other things while waiting for something new to be added to WoW. There are a lot of games and other things in life that can keep me occupied during the wait.
    FWIW, I actually agree with large chunks of what you say here; I find none of your comments particularly disagreeable. In my mind, trolls and haters are every bit as bad as blind fanboys because there's next to no objectivity in either camp. No matter what Blizzard does, the fanboys will lap it up and scream down dissenters, while the haters will lampoon it and scream down dissenters.

To be heard, you've got to scream louder and with more extremity, and I just don't think that's a great way to have a meaningful debate.

Your despicable tone aside, WoW offers a vast amount of content of various kinds, and how long you stay subbed depends on how much of the content you enjoy. Many people can easily stay subbed all year around, where others may only stay subbed for two months after every patch. Contrary to popular belief, WoW does not fail simply because it can't entertain you 24/7 all year. There are tons of other games to play.
    Despicable tone? That's one of the few insults I've read over the last week that I actually liked. I think I'm going to expand upon this. Thanks, lad!

Anyway, you seem to have changed your tune. Dramatically so. From implying that only those who've killed heroic Garrosh can say they're done with the content, you've now changed to what I was implying instead. Good going, bro. Good going.

Next time, do it despicably.

I think if blizzard losses subs they would care (depending on the number) they have other ways to make cash via the shop of course. All in all if you can create content and retain your subs you're doing well. I think they saw with Cata and some aspects of mob they dropped the ball and I think in Wod some steps have been taken to correct it (re-aligning raiding to be in a better place adding in garrisons seems like a cool new feature etc). Now the big problem comes from how long it will take to make it. If they take too long I will unsub and wait and will play it and buy it on release. I say this because as yet i've yet to hate the start of any expansion.
    Erm... Yeah. That's pretty much my take on it. The issue is that Blizzard knows the wait will cost subscriptions, can do something about it if they chose, and are deliberately choosing not to. Their smoke and mirrors capers don't help (the extra PvP season that got datamined, and they responded with "lolz itz just in casezorrrrr") so it seems to me that they're focusing on robbing the rubes silly enough to keep coughing up for shit sandwiches.

All we need now is a napkin to be sold in the cash shop.

Nom.

I think blizzards turn around with their content has gotten better. Content patches in MoP came out in a timely fashion. I do feel they should have had a filler patch though after SoO even if its some scenarios and quests just something to give to players to continue the story and prep us for WoD. But as I say if theres nothing more for me to do then I shall stop. So far i've decided to level a hunter "slowly" just from dungeons alone and I will do each dungeon at least once until I hit cata/mop where I will have to do them many times as there are so few.
    I'm immediately inclined to agree about content turnaround, but yet... What did they actually turn around? Dailies and scenarios are cheap and cheerful content because they all use existing tech, art and mobs in order to get them done. Anything that took actual time didn't really arrive any faster than it has before, we've just been led to believe that it did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Erm... Yeah. That's pretty much my take on it. The issue is that Blizzard knows the wait will cost subscriptions, can do something about it if they chose, and are deliberately choosing not to. Their smoke and mirrors capers don't help (the extra PvP season that got datamined, and they responded with "lolz itz just in casezorrrrr") so it seems to me that they're focusing on robbing the rubes silly enough to keep coughing up for shit sandwiches.

Holy shit, you win this thread.

At least with Wrath and Ruby Sanctum, they made an ATTEMPT at bridging the gap between expansions.

I think more people need to unsubscribe in between expansions, in my opinion it would do this game wonders and force Blizzard to extend content to bridge these waits, or provide holdover content to get us by, otherwise there's not much in the way of reasons to stay subbed.

FWIW, I actually agree with large chunks of what you say here; I find none of your comments particularly disagreeable. In my mind, trolls and haters are every bit as bad as blind fanboys because there's next to no objectivity in either camp. No matter what Blizzard does, the fanboys will lap it up and scream down dissenters, while the haters will lampoon it and scream down dissenters.

To be heard, you've got to scream louder and with more extremity, and I just don't think that's a great way to have a meaningful debate.

Despicable tone? That's one of the few insults I've read over the last week that I actually liked. I think I'm going to expand upon this. Thanks, lad!

Anyway, you seem to have changed your tune. Dramatically so. From implying that only those who've killed heroic Garrosh can say they're done with the content, you've now changed to what I was implying instead. Good going, bro. Good going.

Next time, do it despicably.

Nom.

I'm immediately inclined to agree about content turnaround, but yet... What did they actually turn around? Dailies and scenarios are cheap and cheerful content because they all use existing tech, art and mobs in order to get them done. Anything that took actual time didn't really arrive any faster than it has before, we've just been led to believe that it did.
    indeed.

I think somethings they've gotten hugely wrong and can do better on. I feel we should see MORE content now their teams bigger. I want to see more dungeons being released, even if it is after the initial launch. A dungeon or two per tier should be do-able with a larger team.

I think with that and some scenarios/new quests with the patches this can help give players some more content while cheap and easy it is a way of getting some more content out for players, as raid/dungeons do take a long time to make these can help as filler content between raid patches.

Way I see it for what they are increasing in terms of team size etc.

6.0 comes out new raids dungeons etc 6.1 comes out a couple of months later brings out a loads of new scenarios and some quests new pets to collect and hopefully a dungeon or 2.

6.2 comes out new raid tier maybe 2months or something after 6.1 Has 1 or 2 new raids with a total of 14 bosses (either 14 between 2 or 14 in one big raid). Some new scenarios/quests as well

6.3 same as 6.1 new quests scenarios pets and a dungeon or 2 only a couple of months after 6.2 so players have some more things to do.

repeat etc. inbetween expansions so from the last Tier of an expansion to the first tier of the new expansion I would like to see a new raid boss come out Does not have to be much You could use a go between from scenarios as an example. Get pre-existing areas make an instanced version like we do for scenarios put in a raid level boss with some trash mobs and put a little bit of lore behind it.

For example You could use the shrine in Valley and have it where a load of sha/rogue mogu attack and you defend against them. Uses existing models and you simply put in some abilities on mobs/bosses and tune it fairly well. Means less time on new art/models and a bit of time on tuning the encounters but you can make a band aid raid patch with some content for players to do while they wait.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    As if that statement actually means anything.

You'll buy Warlords of Draenor like everyone else will, play that for several months, probably get bored, unsubscribe, whine on the forums and then return with everyone else with every major patch.

It's nothing unique, a lot of people do it...
    Then comes the time where you move on to other games and stop looking back.