No idea what to spend the paragon points on?

I haven't touched the game for a awhile, and have a pretty low paragon level at 34, but I'm having a blast with the game again.

My big question seems to be what I should spend paragon points on for each class? I'm leveling each class to 60 prior to the expansion so I guess the question would apply to all classes. Movement speed seems like a smart choice for the first stat, but beyond that, I'm not sure.

Any guidance would truly be appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's low? I'm 13!

It depends. As Hardcore, I chose to put mine towards things like strength, life on hit, life %, and all resist. It's all about what you're trying to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I haven't touched the game for a awhile, and have a pretty low paragon level at 34, but I'm having a blast with the game again.

My big question seems to be what I should spend paragon points on for each class? I'm leveling each class to 60 prior to the expansion so I guess the question would apply to all classes. Movement speed seems like a smart choice for the first stat, but beyond that, I'm not sure.

Any guidance would truly be appreciated.
    I would think it depends on your build and what you intend to accomplish. You get to spread points over the 4 categories. For example, I play Hardcore, so I would prioritize Vitality, and maybe Life on Hit if I am dual wielding, or have a fast weapon. Movement speed helps you get out of puddles, or perhaps you have a kiting build, so you may choose to put points there and not have an escape skill. It all depends on what you want to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just go with whatever you "need" for your build. You can change it at any time anyway.
    I am now P50. And I went with movement speed, crit, all res and resource cost reduction for most of my chars.

In hardcore I would go for more defensive stats though.

Goes pretty quick to level paragon now at least, I was paragon 39 before patch (highest char). And after I was 44. And with just playing a little bit I have already gained 6 levels, something that would have taken me a very long time before the patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    Just go with whatever you "need" for your build. You can change it at any time anyway.
    I am now P50. And I went with movement speed, crit, all res and resource cost reduction for most of my chars.

In hardcore I would go for more defensive stats though.

Goes pretty quick to level paragon now at least, I was paragon 39 before patch (highest char). And after I was 44. And with just playing a little bit I have already gained 6 levels, something that would have taken me a very long time before the patch.
    Are you playing Master or Torment? That would be why it's so fast.

You all make a valid point, on depending what you're doing. Right now I'm just grinding out paragon levels on a wizard that just hit 60. I'd like to start farming for a hellfire ring or 4 prior to the expansion as well and curious if that would alter what points are spent in.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Are you playing Master or Torment? That would be why it's so fast.
    I'm on T1 and I've gone up like 7 paragon levels in about 3-4 hours yesterday. It is way faster now.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That's low? I'm 13!
    I'm 9!!

Anyway, put the points in what you want to spend them in imo - its pretty simple what you want