Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    In almost all cases, yeah.
    Ok I'm going to move the goalpost and add not under the influence also :P
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    People know what they are getting into when they try heroin for the first time, doesn't make it any less illegal. Statutory rape is still rape, she is still a pedophile, same as if a 40y/o man did this to a 16y/o girl. There doesn't have to be coercion, or force, she is a rapist and should be in prison.
    Agreed, but that's not actually pedophilia. That only applies to prepubescent children. Ephebophilia is the term for 14-18 year olds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricksterjim View Post
    The kid is young and naive and has much growing up to do before he can make decisions she wanted him to make.
    What decisions is he not apparently prepared to make, that he'd be magically be able to make in two years. Besides those derived from the values a sexually-repressed society like ours has attached to sex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

Quote Originally Posted by Myx View Post
    If it were the other way around then the man would be thrown in prison and called a sicko, that woman got off easy
    Honestly I was thinking the same thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    How is this good?

A 35 year old woman was having sexual contact with a kid. A freakin kid. He's 16 (now 17). He has no idea what he is going to do with his life and no clue what a real relationship is. She deserves more for that. He wasn't lucky at all.
    WhatthefuckamIreading.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Gephyrophobia View Post
    WhatthefuckamIreading.jpg
    A post by a mature adult.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
    The boy is still a minor and so it doesnt matter what the father says.
    In the UK the age of sexual consent is 16, the age you are legally classed as an adult in the court is 16. So to be fair nothing was violated in that regard.

What she was punished for was 'violating a position of trust', In this case her being a teacher. Also her cheating on her husband and having children and doing this sort of shows she's somewhat irresponsible.
    Nothing was stopping her from holding back and waiting until he finished school and went on the college or something, would've been smarter to be honest.

Either way I won't argue her losing her job is to be expected and appropriate punishment, however only for the whole studentXteacher thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I've tried this argument a million times. Some people just don't understand the concept of power.
    Was she in a position of power? Yeah, of course. Did she actually maliciously abuse said position of power? Unlikely. There's nothing about the situation to suggest that was the case, and the boy's genuine disbelief at his perceived 'luck' and gratitude after what had occurred would further suggest that there was zero coercion involved.
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    What decisions is he not apparently prepared to make, that he'd be magically be able to make in two years.
    What decisions is he apparently prepared to make at sixteen that he wasn't prepared to make at fourteen? Still not the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    Did she actually maliciously abuse said position of power? Unlikely.
    Malicious intent isn't necessary. It was still definitely an abuse of power, and she deserved to be punished for it.
    Last edited by Dispraise; 2014-02-27 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    What decisions is he apparently prepared to make at sixteen that he wasn't prepared to make at fourteen? Still not the issue.
    Same reason prison guards can't do their inmates. What happens when they say no? This is why it's plain-clear-as-day position of power.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    How is this good?

A 35 year old woman was having sexual contact with a kid. A freakin kid. He's 16 (now 17). He has no idea what he is going to do with his life and no clue what a real relationship is. She deserves more for that. He wasn't lucky at all.
    You must be kidding, right? Either that, or pretty damn ignorant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Man, she's hot.
    Totally

Deleted
    Don´t see what the problem is...

Deleted
    Its illegal for any teacher to be involved in a relationship of any description with a person that young, there is too much potential for abuse of position of trust and coercion. You cant blur the line on this kind of thing, you have to set a standard and hold people to it strictly.

Its does not matter if he is above the legal age of consent, its still illegal for a person in that position to act in that fashion.

She knew that when she took the job. Quite frankly she got off lightly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Double standards - true. Boy had it good - also true, that teacher was pretty ok. He is not 10 or 12, he is 16. I had my first time when I was 15 and I was totally aware of what I am doing and what I want.
    and she was his teacher, that's an abuse of the position of power, not to mention an unfair advantage at school. the age of consent is 16, however it is still a grey area of UK law anyway. the punishment fits the crime, there was nothing wrong with the age difference at all, just the professional aspect, and she lost her job, so it makes sense.

it's rare to see a hyped up story over something so proportional for once

Same reason prison guards can't do their inmates. What happens when they say no? This is why it's plain-clear-as-day position of power.
    Exactly. Just like therapists can't date their patients. They are in a position that makes it entirely inappropriate.

From the way it sounds, she was his teacher before when he was younger, but isnt anymore? How is it still a position of power?

Personally I'm just amazed that this hasn't been posted yet.

The Daily Mail probably picked the pictures most relevant to the story they wanted to tell; the worst picture of the woman they could find, and the youngest of the fella's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    From the way it sounds, she was his teacher before when he was younger, but isnt anymore? How is it still a position of power?
    1. She was still a teacher at her school, I think? She can still cause potential trouble for him in that position.
    2. How was he supposed to know that?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    Exactly. Just like therapists can't date their patients. They are in a position that makes it entirely inappropriate.
    Is it acceptable for a therapist to date their patient after they are no longer their patient?

If they say no, then that's that. If the prison guard refuses to accept that, and then exploits his power over the inmate to coerce the latter into consenting, then that's an issue. But that's not what happened here.

I'm not even saying that a relationship like that is something we should celebrate. The guard in this scenario should lose his job, even if the inmate was completely willing, if only to discourage others from following in his stead. But to throw him in jail and brand him a rapist? That's a massive stretch.