15+ Year Old Account
    Lol drye sucks. Bad.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

^ rude

/ten chars

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Friend of mine just brought this list to my attention, and I got a good laugh.

As many people pointed out, it's obvious that the list is flawed. Top ranks doesn't necessarily make a good team; but what really got me was the responses.

They vary from indignation, borderline homicidal rage, complete derision over not being on the list themselves, to a total lack of understanding of how actual ranks work.

Yes, some people will pad their asses off to get their ranks, but not everyone does. I think I pad very little in fact, as my guild has a very low tolerance for it, and there aren't honestly a whole lot of places you can pad in SoO. The only real padders paradise is Klaxxi, where the extra damage is completely wasted. Yes I use Bladestorm on Siegecrafter's mines instead of Dragon Roar on the belt. DR isn't needed, and the BS helps kill mines faster. That isn't padding. In a competitive game you should be looking for opportunities to maximize your DPS.
    What many people call padding is what I refer to as "scumbag dps". Doing things like engineering a fight so that you can do the majority of the damage and up your numbers. The two are similar but not equal.

#1 individual boss ranks sometimes come from padders, and scumbag DPS; but those players are rarely ranked high over all.
    Example: The #1 Fury Warrior Immerseus log is 808k, to my 434k. The fight was completely set up for him alone to get a good ranking. But on PR he is ranked only #42 to my #1.

Just pointing out that a guild setting up a fight so a specific person can rank is not actually padding, as padding is putting out more but wasted DPS, and to be fair I've never done either.

If you really want a good Warrior though, convince this guy to come over to our side of "the pond". He got so bored of having every #1 Fury rank, he decided to go do it as Arms instead!
    Warriorsarri

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure which is more hilarious, the list, or the butt-hurt people posting in this thread who think too highly of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Xploit View Post
    Not sure which is more hilarious, the list, or the butt-hurt people posting in this thread who think too highly of themselves.
    or the people with their PR rank in their signatures? lol

Thank you. It is an honor to be a part of this elite squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Arold View Post
    Thank you. It is an honor to be a part of this elite squad.
    ^^this kid aoe's minions before going into p4

Quote Originally Posted by Crooklyn View Post
    blaaat blaaaat

suwooop
    Must think that I actually try to rank on bosses or skip farm. Sad

Can TMSean be the guild leader too?
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Must think that I actually try to rank on bosses or skip farm. Sad
    typical response for not being good enough to rank lol. "mom, I wasn't even trying!"

Blood Dk: Thetruealpha-Mal'Ganis
    good joke, very funny

Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    Your list is not very well thought out. A dream raid team would never consist of more than 1 of a specific melee dps class, or any shadow priest.

Take out 2 rogues , 1 SV and maybe the MM and BM hunter, any shadow priest, the 2 dps warriors, the 2 dk dps and maybe the feral and ret pally and then we can talk about a dream team.
    Neither would a 25 man raid team field 35 people. Think the OP just compiled a list of people that they believe is at the top of their class/role.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Can TMSean be the guild leader too?
    Rank one for lyfe.

Deleted
    This dreamteam vs EU dreamteam at Blizzcon '14 just got confirmed

my liege lord fountaiin will be the captain of the canadian dream team

Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    I've seen enough Vigil streams to know that if you're a ret paladin with a CDR trinket and you die on Heroic Garrosh you're not actually that good

Jetjaguar with the triple no-scope on Lockout MLG rules.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I've been bored before, but not this bored.
    Also, he done it with friends too. I can only imagine this was like some kind of boredom eclipse, where all of their levels of boredom aligned on one day.

Anyway, a couple of obvious criticisms.

You can't just compare two DPS based on which one does more damage. Avoiding damage is the obvious one, but one might also be much more confident in taking on special roles to deal with mechanics in fights.

Comparing healers purely based on meters is pretty unreliable. If the healers aren't having any problems with damage as a team, there's no need for either to really push, otherwise they'll just be overhealing. Plus, one healer might be spamming costly heals all the time, so they get higher on the metres, but are having to get Innervates/Hymn of Hope often.

I'm assuming that ranks Tanks by their Damage Dealt? No comment...

On top of this, ranking parses and logs don't really tell you anything. Most top guilds let their players 'rank' when they farm. For example, they might let a group of adds stay alive for most of the fight, letting one guy AoE them to get his numbers up. When healers do it, the ranking healer is the only person to heal, until things start getting tough, then the others step in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    I've seen enough Vigil streams to know that if you're a ret paladin with a CDR trinket and you die on Heroic Garrosh you're not actually that good

Not sure if you should be one to talk about that though

inc mad people in 3

I heard farm Seige is hard

Just an FYI, in case you missed the memo... T-rexes do NOT work like in Jurassic Park, if you stop moving they can still see you
    Last edited by Aboubacar; 2014-02-28 at 04:59 AM.

wow i got someone mad enough to look through our logs