1. #1

    Angelic Feathers not activating

    Hey guys,

    Just wanted to bring up an issue that I've noticed and it's extremely annoying. While I'm outside or in a raid doing trash, angelic feathers work no problem. I can cast them directly underneath me and it will activate. However, during boss encounters if I cast it underneath myself it wont activate. I figured this was server lag or something because my fps is around 30-50 and MS is always low. To be proactive I cast the feather slightly ahead of me and even still sometimes when I walk over them it wont activate.

    The bigger problem is when I am doing the belt on siegecrafter and I am levitated, after the mine/laser is destroyed I feather and levitate off, but I have to walk over my feather like 3-5 times before it activates.. wtf is going on.

  2. #2
    Do you use Glyph of Mind Flay? Because if you do AF won't overwrite the Glyph and you need to put a /cancelaura macro into your Feathers for them to work.

    If you don't then I'm not sure. If it was a MS problem then you could have just solved it by dropping it a few steps in front of you, but the part where you say that they don't activate even if you step through them 5 times seems weird.

  3. #3
    Herald of the Titans Yakobro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,631
    Other speed boosts will stop them activating, really annoying with stampeding roar

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by kardacz View Post
    Do you use Glyph of Mind Flay? Because if you do AF won't overwrite the Glyph and you need to put a /cancelaura macro into your Feathers for them to work.

    If you don't then I'm not sure. If it was a MS problem then you could have just solved it by dropping it a few steps in front of you, but the part where you say that they don't activate even if you step through them 5 times seems weird.
    Yes I do use Glyph of Mind flay!! That must be the culprit...which is really dumb because AF is faster than the boost from the glyph you would THINK it WOULD overwrite it...

    Any idea what the cancel aura would look like?

  5. #5
    Yeah I know. The weird part is that Body and Soul does overwrite it even though it's a lower speed increase. Blizzard's coding at it's finest.

    #showtooltip
    /cancelaura Glyph of Mind Flay
    /cast Angelic Feather

    You just have to watch out, because sometimes due to ms lag you will get one more stack of the glyph even after you start moving/drop feather. So either wait a second or hit the feather macro twice.
    Last edited by kardacz; 2014-02-28 at 11:31 AM. Reason: spelling

  6. #6
    I had the same problem... Same with nitro boosts.
    tried making the macro(with the classic way
    #showtooltip Angelic Feather
    /cast Angelic Feather
    /cancelaura Glyph of Mind Flay)
    but it's not working for some reason.
    It works with Nitro Boosts but not with feathers...
    Someone got any other idea?

    btw for belts, you can just try glyph of levitate
    Last edited by Zoulis; 2014-02-28 at 12:57 AM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoulis View Post
    btw for belts, you can just try glyph of levitate
    Yeah I do use it, but I still need feather to jump off safely.

  8. #8
    @Zoulis

    I'd say you have to cast the cancelaura first in the macro for it to work.
    #showtooltip Angelic Feather
    /cancelaura Glyph of Mind Flay
    /cast Angelic Feather

    Either that or glyph of mind flay is not the proper name.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkmorcel View Post
    @Zoulis

    I'd say you have to cast the cancelaura first in the macro for it to work.
    #showtooltip Angelic Feather
    /cancelaura Glyph of Mind Flay
    /cast Angelic Feather

    Either that or glyph of mind flay is not the proper name.
    Thanks for the response but I've tried both ways. And glyph of mind flay is it's name since my nitro boosts macro works with it. I guess I can find a way to work around not having the macro by using my nitro boosts first and then using the nitro boosts macro w/o the actual effect just to cancel the mind flay aura but I'd like to have something I could rely on w.o hving to work around loops :P So if there's anyone that has experienced the same problem and has solved it, I'd appreciate the help :P

  10. #10
    Are you sure you didn't make a spelling error somewhere or something? Because it works for me.
    #showtooltip
    /cancelaura Glyph of Mind Flay
    /cast [mod:shift] Prayer of Mending; [mod:alt] Fear Ward; Angelic Feather
    This is the one I use and I had no problems with it.

    Besides are you sure that this isn't caused by a bit of ms lag? If you channel Mind Flay and use the macro right before the tick sometimes the server registers the tick even though you're already moving. So you use the macro to get rid of the 3 stacks, but right after it happens you gain 1 stack of the glyph and your feather won't work when you run through it. At least that's what happened for me a few times before I figured out how to properly use it.

    Just go to a dummy and test it.
    If you're channeling MF and drop a feather right next to you, then try to run through it you'll gain 1 stack of the glyph and the feather won't work.
    So either:
    - hit the macro a second time before you walk into the feather
    or
    - break the channel by moving a few steps and then drop the feather

    This issue is so annoying that even writing about it is painful. I mean people reported this to blizzard several times, it can't be that hard to fix, can it?
    Last edited by kardacz; 2014-02-28 at 11:39 PM.

  11. #11
    I'm at the point where I'm just going to unglyph mind flay for siegecrafter because it's an annoyance

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by kardacz View Post
    Are you sure you didn't make a spelling error somewhere or something? Because it works for me.
    #showtooltip
    /cancelaura Glyph of Mind Flay
    /cast [mod:shift] Prayer of Mending; [mod:alt] Fear Ward; Angelic Feather
    This is the one I use and I had no problems with it.
    One of the most retarded macros I've seen this year because every time you decide to use Fear Ward or Prayer of Mending you cancel your Mind Flay speed increase. Why on earth would you want to do that. You might as well keybind shift + whatever that keybind is and alt + whatever that keybind is. You can do that in WoW itself, don't need any macro or addon for it. Those modifier macros are very passé anyway.

    This macro will work:

    /cancelaura Stampeding Roar
    /cancelaura Nitro Boosts
    /cancelaura Glyph of Mind Flay
    /use Angelic Feather
    You might wanna remove Nitro Boosts from it since its a bigger speed increase than Angelic Feather.

    The problem with this macro is when you start to use feathers for other people it will cancel your movement speed increase. So you need 2 keybinds: this one, and one where you just put Feathers for others. I solved it as follows: my 1st macro puts my mouse cursor under me and cancels the speed increases and it activates the second keybind: which puts down a Feather.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  13. #13
    I'm a macro noob I have no idea how to do what you just described :P
    I should've clarified, I meant I made a macro to cancel feathers/MF when i use Nitro boosts. Not to cancel nitro boosts :P

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoulis View Post
    I'm a macro noob I have no idea how to do what you just described :P
    I should've clarified, I meant I made a macro to cancel feathers/MF when i use Nitro boosts. Not to cancel nitro boosts :P
    Ah OK. I will add Stampeding Roar for you too, you can always remove that part. This macro will work regardless of which waist you got equipped as long as you got Nitro Boosts on it.

    #showtooltip
    /cancelaura Angelic Feather
    /cancelaura Glyph of Mind Flay
    /cancelaura Stampeding Roar
    /use 6
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    One of the most retarded macros I've seen this year because every time you decide to use Fear Ward or Prayer of Mending you cancel your Mind Flay speed increase. Why on earth would you want to do that.
    Please provide me with a good example in any of the SoO encounters, where as a Shadow Priest you're required to cast either of those spells.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by kardacz View Post
    Please provide me with a good example in any of the SoO encounters, where as a Shadow Priest you're required to cast either of those spells.
    Fear Ward: Garrosh HC 2nd transition. Prayer of Mending: Whenever you can abuse it for ToF procs, for example on tank.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •