Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    why,why I mean really why allys...

    ...lose almost every bg except sometimes they win in av and IoC. My score in av and IoC is 31-16 an in all others bg I have a score of 2 -31 combined. Is any good reason for that or just allys ppls are bad in pvp ???

    cheers

    P.S. Atleast I will have enough time to gear my alt in next 6 months before wod come xD

  2. #2
    in my battle group we only win AV and IOC aswell

  3. #3
    The Insane peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Berks, UK
    Posts
    15,533
    horde win every BG more apart from IOC and AV, alliance win those .

    though last night i was doing battlegrounds on horde, and i lost 6 in a row, and i just need about 800 honor for my weapon.

    and everyone says horde always win sota, but i have never won a single game on my monk, about 15 sota played, 0wins. blacklisted that shit, would rather lose an AV.
    Too cool for a signature

  4. #4
    The real question is: Why do you keep playing this garbage pvp?

    Where epix ppl kill green ppl... why? why? why?

  5. #5
    It is quite weird, back in wrath when i started i had like a 50% ratio, but ever since cata the horde has dominated every bg, besides AV and IOC

  6. #6
    Brewmaster Perkunas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kazakhstan
    Posts
    1,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    It is quite weird, back in wrath when i started i had like a 50% ratio, but ever since cata the horde has dominated every bg, besides AV and IOC
    I'd assume that the better Alliance PVP'ers tend to avoid random battlegrounds like the plague. Once you are done with the honor set there's no point in ever doing a random.
    Don't blame the casuals for making Warcraft worse. It's the unskilled masses who refuse to improve themselves and Blizzard who has decided to bribe these folks with an endless shower of purples that should draw the ire of both casual and hardcore alike. It was never about "seeing the content" for these people it's always been about the gear and their sense of entitlement.

  7. #7
    Been running bgs to gear up my alt on ally with a few geared friends the past week. I am 16-3 and I blacklist AV and IoC. I dunno if its my bg or what but im ally and all my toons have a positive win-loss and I have blacklisted IoC and AV since it was available. I think the trick is not queing by yourself; I always go in with a few friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Getting the phrase "PUSSY DESTROYER" tattoo'd on your face isn't a smart move for your career.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I'd assume that the better Alliance PVP'ers tend to avoid random battlegrounds like the plague. Once you are done with the honor set there's no point in ever doing a random.
    Exactly. Honestly Blizzard made a mistake allowing people to faction and server change. Its created this huge imbalance. With racials so important in to days min/maxing game it was only a matter of time before the stronger side took over. Or that all the good players wanted to play with each other so they all eventually migrated to one faction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Egzis View Post
    I swear, if vanilla was released right now with updated graphics, it would be the laughing stock of the decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    This whole thread explains in a pretty nice manner how can Beliebers exist.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I'd assume that the better Alliance PVP'ers tend to avoid random battlegrounds like the plague. Once you are done with the honor set there's no point in ever doing a random.
    This too. A combination of factors such as botting, horrible players, horrible attitude etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Sexual assault is not always rape.
    *slowclap*
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Woman rapes a guy, gives birth to child and has custody of the child.
    I don't see why you should take the child from the woman unless she abuses it.

  10. #10
    High Overlord Strear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    120
    Many people changed to Horde when it became available, mostly because of the fact it was said that " Horde wins more in bgs ", and then increased the imbalance. I said someone who changed to Horde " If we all do like you, who will you fight then ? ".

    As someone said, group with some friends, since I mostly do " Oqueue " bgs, I nearly never loose (even if we're just 5, the simple fact we coordinate weighs much), and that in ANY bg.

  11. #11
    As a Horde player, I'm pretty sure it's because half the Alliance team are bots most of the time.

    I also think Alliance's instant queues make their players care less about winning.

  12. #12
    2/31 is not a reasonable sample size to get any reliable statistical data from it.

    For a Minimum reliability of statistical data you Need at least 1000 sample data. Your´s is anecdotal evidence.

  13. #13
    what battlegroup are you, since my horde losses everything...

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by cronight View Post
    ...lose almost every bg except sometimes they win in av and IoC. My score in av and IoC is 31-16 an in all others bg I have a score of 2 -31 combined. Is any good reason for that or just allys ppls are bad in pvp ???

    cheers

    P.S. Atleast I will have enough time to gear my alt in next 6 months before wod come xD
    This thread is so full of it. You claim allies almost never win. SHow me, don't just make a statement like that with out any proof.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Eonwenian View Post
    what battlegroup are you, since my horde losses everything...
    my alt is on Ravencrest

  16. #16
    Getting so tired of this wining.... every time people complain about alliance sucking at PvP, they still seem to think it's everybody elses fault but they're own, wtf is up with that?

    This is an attitude problem and completely psychological. As long as you only complain about "all those other noobs" and don't realise that if you're not trying to set up teamwork, YOU are doing it wrong too.


    OK, if you're still reading and not ragequit because I criticised you, here's my experience:

    I don't like PvP. Not because any of the above or whatever, I'm just a PvE person. BUT: I've done the Black Prince quest line for the legendary cloak on 3 different chars, which forced me to do the BG quest.

    At first I dreaded the experience, I'm playing alliance too, and contrary to most people I did realise I suck at PvP. My plan was to just hang in BGs and keep a low profile, basically waiting for a win. That didn't work, I did my best but you need that teamwork and spirit to win a BG. Noone talked, except for the all-round flaming after we lost.... I couldn't stand it.

    From that point on I made an effort to push my group: I was kind of a cheerleader in chat, bringing in positive energy, and I explained I wasn't a PvPer and only here for the quest, asking for a plan and some pointers. When we we're winning I urged my team to not fall asleep and keep pushing, keep the communication alive, I reminded them that that type of BG is never lost, but als never won, things can change 100% in a minute.

    The effect was remarkable: people reacted very positively, really "woke up" from the alliance-always-loses mentality, made plans, tactics and communicated in a constructive matter. We started winning, and from that point on I won almost immediately, and often (way over 50%). I had a great time even though I don't really like PvP, but I love playing together with people.

    Now I think of it: I've had similar experiences in the past; about every expansion there were PvE fights that we used the PvP trinket on, and I got my points bringing together teams of randoms like this.


    If you want to flame me, spare yourself the effort, I've heard it all; I act 'high and mighty', am 'holier than thou' and I 'think I know everything'. Yawn.
    I've played the game for years (in a short pause now), had fun in everything I did, and got the job done. The choice is yours: you can take the easy road and keep thinking everybody but you in an hopeless n00b, or put your shoulders under it, and realise this game is a lot more fun if you put in the effort and keep improving yourself.

    End of rant.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by cronight View Post
    ...lose almost every bg except sometimes they win in av and IoC. My score in av and IoC is 31-16 an in all others bg I have a score of 2 -31 combined. Is any good reason for that or just allys ppls are bad in pvp ???

    cheers

    P.S. Atleast I will have enough time to gear my alt in next 6 months before wod come xD
    33 BGs aren't enough of a statistic to show that alliance players win more often.

    I've done far over a thousand BGs and it feels like a 50-50 for me apart from AB and during late/early hours. Alliance has a LOOOOOOOT more bots during the night/early morning, but during peak hours I seem to lose a lot more than I do at night. I think alliance botting might throw off statistics and if BGs with 10% or more bots would not count into the statistics, it might look different.

    I remember before the BG merge though, playing on Cyclone. I had a 70-90% win as horde, we even had more than 50% win in AV thanks to Stormscale having so many high rated PvPers.

    And you know what, that still doesn't matter statistically.
    EU first PG wave 30, come at me bros.

  18. #18
    Well I got even more bad news for you my friend. Since the last "fix" Horde have been winning more AV too.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumaw View Post
    Well I got even more bad news for you my friend. Since the last "fix" Horde have been winning more AV too.
    ah every single time ive played i never saw one ally jump the fence.. this change wont help horde at all

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    2/31 is not a reasonable sample size to get any reliable statistical data from it.

    For a Minimum reliability of statistical data you Need at least 1000 sample data. Your´s is anecdotal evidence.
    2 wins out of 31 games is quite sufficient to reject the hypothesis that those BGs are balanced (in the sense of both sides having a 50% win rate.)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post
    ah every single time ive played i never saw one ally jump the fence.. this change wont help horde at all
    Heh. On my horde nooblock last night, we defended FW Keep, and eventually it came down to a resource grind. The entrance to FW Keep (which now cannot be bypassed) was a killing field for the alliance trying to get in. 158 HKs and a win, so sweet.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •