Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #61
    Decided I'd try and get my last 10 wins for the SotA Master meta. Currently 1-5. As soon as I've got my Garrosh kill I'm faction changing. I'd rather have queues and wins than instant queues and soul crushing losses. This is coming from someone who's been Horde for almost all of the expansion and finishing a meta on an older pvp char. I understand that 6 games isn't a usable statistic but this is just awful. Hopefully I'll get the remaining 9 wins before I get Garrosh so I never have to PvP on this toon this season.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    I plan on gearing my DK solely through heroics. He got Prideful legs and neck from Celestials this week, but I'm interested to see if I can get full gear this weekend (2 days, 8 hours per).
    I think for the average person, assuming level 19 Guild (2nd Justice perk) it's something like 1000 Honor per Hour from dungeons compared to the <700 for Random BGs, assuming you're gearing from scratch. You can skip the grind a little by doing the Krasa rares (825-913 Honor, if you have the 15% Honor standard, will need 2 people to do the Horde rare mobs as the Rogue is in Africa assuming you do it in one sweep), you can get 220 honor from the Grizzly Hills 4 quest set (Assuming 10% Honor perk) and if you can get into VoA and your faction controls it, that also rewards a small amount though if you're undergeared it's probably not worth it.
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2014-03-07 at 11:25 PM.
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    Decided I'd try and get my last 10 wins for the SotA Master meta. Currently 1-5. As soon as I've got my Garrosh kill I'm faction changing. I'd rather have queues and wins than instant queues and soul crushing losses. This is coming from someone who's been Horde for almost all of the expansion and finishing a meta on an older pvp char. I understand that 6 games isn't a usable statistic but this is just awful. Hopefully I'll get the remaining 9 wins before I get Garrosh so I never have to PvP on this toon this season.



    I think for the average person, assuming level 19 Guild (2nd Justice perk) it's something like 1000 Honor per Hour from dungeons compared to the <700 for Random BGs, assuming you're gearing from scratch. You can skip the grind a little by doing the Krasa rares (825-913 Honor, if you have the 15% Honor standard, will need 2 people to do the Horde rare mobs as the Rogue is in Africa assuming you do it in one sweep), you can get 220 honor from the Grizzly Hills 4 quest set (Assuming 10% Honor perk) and if you can get into VoA and your faction controls it, that also rewards a small amount though if you're undergeared it's probably not worth it.
    Additionally, Isle of Thunder PvP dailies are another 525 Honor and 50 Conquest. Between the 1,000 per hour from Heroics (though I'll probably OpenRaid for super fast runs) and additional ~1,200 per day from dailies (IoT, Karasang, Grizzly) I think it's possible. I won't bother with VoA, WG or TolBarad most likely.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Additionally, Isle of Thunder PvP dailies are another 525 Honor and 50 Conquest. Between the 1,000 per hour from Heroics (though I'll probably OpenRaid for super fast runs) and additional ~1,200 per day from dailies (IoT, Karasang, Grizzly) I think it's possible. I won't bother with VoA, WG or TolBarad most likely.
    You can do TB/WG if your faction reliably succeeds in defending it. It's 15 minutes time spent, since if you win there's usually a queue and you'll want to get in quick. It's about 400 Honor a win for each, iirc. 700 for your first TB win with the weekly quest and I think you can get something like 300 honor from the battle quests, one of which might be hard to do if you're playing a dead wintergrasp (Destroy 3 siege vehicles). IoT is another option, but if you're on a server like Outland and you're Horde, it's typically not worth the hassle since you'll just get fucked over repeatedly by passers by. That said, on Auchindoun I've never had anyone attack me. But yeah, if you can find an oQueue group for it then you're golden. Even if you get a Tank and Healer, you cut the queue time down to within a minute usually. If you're a geared PvE DPS, then facetank he bosses in DPS gear/spec and speed the run up exponentially. Doing that with my Warrior (530 ilvl) was much easier than tanking with my Guardian(495 ilvl), since you'll typically get at least one Normal+ geared DPS just looking to do the daily HC.
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

  4. #64
    Bloodsail Admiral Luminoth4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,157
    Don't usually seek these threads out beyond the front page, but today's experience so far has been horrible. And by horrible I mean soul destroying. Been trying to get some wins, usually going for Daily Wins for the 150 Conquest for Chars (Around 7 Alliance, 3 Horde). Got the three Horde wins in four games, with the loss, a WSG the Alliance having a team that looked Full Grievous apart from one.

    Moving on to Alliance. Managed to just about win an AV on my Paladin. Tried to do a few on my Hunter. Not won one yet. I've lost count, but I've lost at least 10 Battlegrounds on it today just trying to get that daily win. I've just given up, and contemplating faction change to move some of my Character to Horde.

    Average BG seems to be almost just Stormscale for Horde, and every single one has at least two healers, sometimes more. Alliance is lucky to have one, and even then, they have terrible gear. Horde looks like their often in full Grievous. Average Alliance crap players has between 297k and 360k. A 267k Rogue is not even going to tickle a 545k Resto Druid? It's just pointless. Between the Armada of Stormscale Orgies its Germans. And Germans have yet to prove to me they're bad, as either Alliance or Horde. Every one of them is just massacres. Given up for now. Hoping a friend comes online and I can play with him.

    Regret ever choosing to play Alliance :/
    My Characters (Alliance - Shadowsong / Horde - Tarren-Mill)

    Dristereau3D

  5. #65
    weird. i win most of my bg's. if you are solo queing, therein your problem. queue with friends or find a pocket healer and dps in trade. its cool how only 3 or 4 ppl can change the battle completely.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    its the way the maps designed thats all.
    i garuntee if they switched what faction started on what side the numbers would change.
    this would change horde win ratio from 50% to 100% just sayin

  7. #67
    Brewmaster Buxton McGraff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Covina, California
    Posts
    1,480
    Horde racials are loads better so people began (slowly at first) to transfer over. Then major guilds started going horde, so people followed. Now, the horde PVP population is almost 4x larger than Alliance. (you can see this from our queue times)

    I'm hoping with the buffs to alliance racials (and new character models) more people will come back to Alliance.
    If not, it probably won't matter since I'll be playing ESO.

  8. #68
    I said this before The alliance win the pve bgs more(the ones where you kill a raid boss to win) and The horde win the pvp bgs more. And there is a lot of cheating going on on the alliance side to get around walls and through doors to either start the game early or getting into the horde base quicker. Maybe this isnt everybody but there is that exploit there.

  9. #69
    From my experience:
    Alliance wins AV because we have an advantage in BG over horde. We win IoC because one day we started going WS and Docks instead of storming docks and horde for some reason never rebounded to this. You lose 10 man BGs as both factions frequently because it is more common to go against a partial premade than it is to not. The others I blame on racial imbalance when Alliance doesn't have enough humans on their side.

  10. #70
    Pit Lord Huntaer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Goldshire
    Posts
    2,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post
    in my battle group we only win AV and IOC aswell
    Yea, funny thing is, they gonna alter AV so horde will have more chance of winning. Really awesome
    ●████▅▅▄▄▄▄▄▄....▄▄▄ Rolf! Rolf! Rolf!
    ▄▄▅██████▅▄▃▂
    █M█L█P█ █ █ █ █ █ █►
    ◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤
    -\My pet collection/- -\My Mount collection/-

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Yea, funny thing is, they gonna alter AV so horde will have more chance of winning. Really awesome
    They already made those changes. It was more of a placebo effect than anything.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

  12. #72
    The Patient Shredy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    272
    I wish I was part of the games where the horde win. In the last couple of years I might have won 15% of all the BG's I participated in even though everyone in my battle-group claims the horde always win. I mean, I can't be so bad I drag every team I end up in down with me, can I?

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredy View Post
    I wish I was part of the games where the horde win. In the last couple of years I might have won 15% of all the BG's I participated in even though everyone in my battle-group claims the horde always win. I mean, I can't be so bad I drag every team I end up in down with me, can I?
    They're talking about NA servers. You're in EU it looks like, where I understand alliance does much better.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    They're talking about NA servers. You're in EU it looks like, where I understand alliance does much better.
    There is so much amazing in your avatar.

  15. #75
    I dread SotA CTA where blacklisting that abomination isn't possible. What gets me is the changes they made (I think at the start of MoP?) that made it far worse than it was before. Starting the think Horde have a bomb placement cast-time 1/5 of that of Alliance.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shredy View Post
    I wish I was part of the games where the horde win. In the last couple of years I might have won 15% of all the BG's I participated in even though everyone in my battle-group claims the horde always win. I mean, I can't be so bad I drag every team I end up in down with me, can I?
    As a primarily solo queuing Alliance player (NA) I have ~70% win rate in WSG (~500 games played) and ~75% in TP (~300 gp), yet I get called a baddie with claims of "it must be you" when I tell people that I am 3-24 in SSM and 1-11 in SotA over the last 3 months.

    I'd blacklist SSM, SotA, BfG and EotS if I could. Alliance just don't win those with any regularity.

  16. #76
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    You're in EU it looks like, where I understand alliance does much better.
    As an Alliance from EU, I'd have to disagree with whoever is saying that. Doing random BGs makes me want to kill myself.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    As a primarily solo queuing Alliance player (NA) I have ~70% win rate in WSG (~500 games played) and ~75% in TP (~300 gp), yet I get called a baddie with claims of "it must be you" when I tell people that I am 3-24 in SSM and 1-11 in SotA over the last 3 months.

    I'd blacklist SSM, SotA, BfG and EotS if I could. Alliance just don't win those with any regularity.
    No idea how any person who pvps for fun in this game could blacklist SSM. SSM and temple are the most fast-paced constant fighting and individual-skill oriented (aka one person can "turn the tides") bgs there are. The fact that you would blacklist EOTS, BFG, or SSM over AV or IoC is beyond me. IDC if I was guaranteed a win every time in IoC I still wouldn't play it because it just isn't fun. Just winning alot or not isn't enough of a reason imo. Even strand isnt so bad honestly, it also rewards awareness at least.

    I said it before in this thread but just get some friends or join a pvp guild and queue with other people. Thats why all my toons, horde and ally, have a positive win-loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Getting the phrase "PUSSY DESTROYER" tattoo'd on your face isn't a smart move for your career.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    No idea how any person who pvps for fun in this game could blacklist SSM. SSM and temple are the most fast-paced constant fighting and individual-skill oriented (aka one person can "turn the tides") bgs there are. The fact that you would blacklist EOTS, BFG, or SSM over AV or IoC is beyond me. IDC if I was guaranteed a win every time in IoC I still wouldn't play it because it just isn't fun. Just winning alot or not isn't enough of a reason imo. Even strand isnt so bad honestly, it also rewards awareness at least.

    I said it before in this thread but just get some friends or join a pvp guild and queue with other people. Thats why all my toons, horde and ally, have a positive win-loss.
    Fun, is very subjective. Not matter how interesting the mechanics of SSM, it isn't fun because the majority of Alliance players that queue into randoms haven't seen a winning strategy and will end up losing. Playing a close game is fun, getting destroyed.....with absolutely no chance of victory....isn't. In my experience random Alliance teams just don't win, or even put up a competitive fight, in EotS, SotA and SSM, so I don't play them.

    And people that complain about AV and IoC being "pve" are usually the ones that run right to the end and then stand around doing nothing. If you want to PVP in AV and IoC go attack towers and backcap, go fight on the oppositions chokepoints, etc.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Fun, is very subjective. Not matter how interesting the mechanics of SSM, it isn't fun because the majority of Alliance players that queue into randoms haven't seen a winning strategy and will end up losing. Playing a close game is fun, getting destroyed.....with absolutely no chance of victory....isn't. In my experience random Alliance teams just don't win, or even put up a competitive fight, in EotS, SotA and SSM, so I don't play them.
    Fair enough. I don't experience that from those bgs any more often than the other non-40 mans but I guess its whatever you like.

    And people that complain about AV and IoC being "pve" are usually the ones that run right to the end and then stand around doing nothing. If you want to PVP in AV and IoC go attack towers and backcap, go fight on the oppositions chokepoints, etc.
    That defeats the purpose of AV by extending the match. The attraction of AV is that it is generally over quickly (if you're lucky) and gives alot of honor. Backcapping and other strats just extend the bg which will never be as fun as the others and therefore loses it value. Thats why I hate horde strategies since they, for some reason, always try to backcap instead of just bumrush the boss like ally do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Getting the phrase "PUSSY DESTROYER" tattoo'd on your face isn't a smart move for your career.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    That defeats the purpose of AV by extending the match.
    Speak for yourself. That enhances the purpose of AV, in my mind.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •