Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

is d3 a good game to play

i was thinking of getting D3 to play but from what ive been told and seen i basically level 1-30 in the easist difficulty then 40+ in the harder difficulties but its basicially just repeating the same game over and over.. is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Wipeout View Post
    i was thinking of getting D3 to play but from what ive been told and seen i basically level 1-30 in the easist difficulty then 40+ in the harder difficulties but its basicially just repeating the same game over and over.. is that correct?
    Game is quite a bit different now.

Difficulties are transient, you can begin the game on the second hardest difficulty and start playing like that from level one. The enemies and quests will level up with you.

RoS (the expansion) will add an additional act, and a new mode of play that will give a more varied playstyle in the form of adventures.

The story of the game is less focused on and the game is more about dealing with randomly generated bosses and amassing better and better gear.

It's way more fun after the patch that came out this week. The "storyline" is the same game over and over but it's gear focused and based on grinding, so if thats what you like then it's pretty fun imo.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    Yes. The fun part of the game is getting loot where elites (greater,stronger versions of normal monsters) drop de best loot. If you like the loot thing, the game will not be boring in the first 50 - 100 hours of gameplay. So it's probably worth the money. Playing with friends is way more fun btw.

WoW is the same thing over and over again on different difficulties you do for better gear.. So the concept is the same.

But yes, NOW it is good game to play.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    what about pvp ? does it exist ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wipeout View Post
    what about pvp ? does it exist ?
    There's a FFA 4-player mode, but it's just a place where you can duel and stuff. No "real" PVP as WoW has it.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    There's a FFA 4-player mode, but it's just a place where you can duel and stuff. No "real" PVP as WoW has it.
    aw thats disappointing

They were working on it at some point, but abandoned those efforts because it didn't feel right. They have also stated that they're willing to take another crack at it once they've fixed the issues with the base gameplay, something that RoS should take care of. Whether anything happens I'm guessing we'll see in a year or two.

A lot of people like the loot aspect, but for me Diablo games have always been about customising my play-style. When you've hit a high enough level D3 gives you six skill slots and allows you to choose which abilities you'd like from a selection of "signature" (free and weak), single-target, AoE, crowd-control, utility, tanky skills, healy skills, big cool-downs, buffs, etc. Each class gets six categories of spells with 4-7 spells in each, and each spell has 5 runes that can add a slight tweak or completely change how the spell works.

I find the bulk of the fun comes from making constant minor adjustments until you find just the right build for mowing through scores of creeps which also allows you to go toe-to-toe (or kite and avoid) some big, nasty gribblies. You might enjoy playing on a lower difficulty and going for AoE heavy speed-runs, or pumping it up to the harder levels and using more tactical abilities. It's this aspect of the game that kept me playing for hundreds of hours, not the chance at a few pixels that make my numbers bigger (particularly as bigger numbers often prompt you to up the difficulty and make all the monsters numbers bigger, cancelling out the upgrade).

Replace the "3" with "2", and the answer is yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggendorf View Post
    Replace the "3" with "2", and the answer is yes.
    How original, clever, and/or witty.

Do yourself a favour and try Diablo 2(preferably with expansion) instead of D3. The game is kinda old, yes, but it's still gold! D3 is too cartoony to fit the franchise in my opinion, it should be dark and gritty, it's called "Diablo" ffs!

Do yourself a favour and try Diablo 2(preferably with expansion) instead of D3
    That nostalgia.

Re-visited D2 few month ago. It's just 2 or 3 buttons of grind.
    Better try Path of Exile if you want grim graphics.

But actually after 2.0.1 D3 is pretty much fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    D3 is too cartoony to fit the franchise in my opinion, it should be dark and gritty, it's called "Diablo" ffs!
    I've made my Diablo 3 look more gritty & dark by using SweetFX, you should try it (here's some pre-made presets as well)
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2014-02-28 at 11:15 AM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Act 5 looks to have the grit people are looking for as well.

Best thing for me was Frozen orb. Its so much fun killing monsters with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Game is quite a bit different now.

Difficulties are transient, you can begin the game on the second hardest difficulty and start playing like that from level one. The enemies and quests will level up with you.

RoS (the expansion) will add an additional act, and a new mode of play that will give a more varied playstyle in the form of adventures.

The story of the game is less focused on and the game is more about dealing with randomly generated bosses and amassing better and better gear.
    and you use that gear for what?? exactly..

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    and you use that gear for what?? exactly..
    To farm higher difficulty levels and get even better gear. Welcome in Diablo game.

Deleted
    It is good, but do not put much expectations. I still play it from the beginning. Not everyday, but public games are cool