Deleted

Cool Garrosh 10 Heroic, 2nd Intermission ?? Clear it or not ? And advises!

Hey Everyone.

We are currently progressing on Garrosh Hc and are doing all fine. We use to afk 2nd intermission, but then we are getting 2 waves of adds before phase 3. Sometimes we are really close to only getting 1, so we are considering clearing the 2nd intermission so we only get 1 wave of adds.
    I need some good advises how to handle 2nd intermission fast and clean, so we get some more % of the boss.
    Would be glad if anyone could help us out here.

Thx alot
    Last edited by mmocbdb6434d96; 2014-02-27 at 10:33 PM.

Deleted
    What is your setup?

Deleted
    Tanks : Druid, Warrior
    Healers : Paladin, Priest
    Dps : 2x Warlocks, Mage, Hunter, Rogue, Ele Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkyfatter View Post
    Hey Everyone.

We are currently progressing on Garrosh Hc and are doing all fine. We use to skip 2nd intermission, but then we are getting 2 waves of adds before phase 3. Sometimes we are really close to only getting 1, so we are considering clearing the 2nd intermission so we only get 1 wave of adds.
    I need some good advises how to handle 2nd intermission fast and clean, so we get some more % of the boss.
    Would be glad if anyone could help us out here.

Thx alot
    By "skip" I assume you mean afk in there, not push him to p3 before it starts. If not, I have no clue what you mean.

Anyways, to do Terrace:

I don't know your comp, so I'll list all the little tricks. EDIT: adjusting it to your comp.

• This is a lot easier if your tanks are engineers. Rocket Boots+Stamp Roar makes the phase super fast.
    • Upon phasing in, wait a second or two then Stamp Roar and run to the top. Don't get hit by fears.
    • Have 1 tank grab the left front and the other grab right front.
    • Alternate your tank's AoE nukes (Thrash and TClap in your case) on the groups on the way up the middle. Use MD/TotT on tanks to secure threat. Be careful not to pull threat or you will die. BoP healers for extra security. Throw an external on each tank while running up.
    • Once at the top, Mocking Banner and Wall then Shadowfury them once they're all together.
    • Blow them up. Don't stand in fears.
    • Exactly 10 buffs will drop. Make sure your squishies get buffs first and before the first Annihilate lands (that is, Mage, Hunter, Ele, and healers). Your Rogue, Locks, and tanks should be the last to get buffs just in case extras get picked up. Use personals/externals on people without the buff. Your Rogue can roll Feint and take less damage than everyone else. Locks and Tanks have plenty of personals and HP to stay alive. If anyone else ends up without it, you have Vigilance, Sac, Pain Sup, and personals to keep them up.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2014-02-27 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    By "skip" I assume you mean afk in there, not push him to p3 before it starts. If not, I have no clue what you mean.

Anyways, to do Terrace:

I don't know your comp, so I'll list all the little tricks.

• This is a lot easier if your tanks are engineers. Rocket Boots+Stamp Roar makes the phase super fast.
    • If you have a druid, wait a second or two then Stamp Roar and run to the top. Don't get hit by fears.
    • Have 1 tank grab the left front and the other grab right front.
    • Alternate your tank's AoE nukes on the groups on the way up the middle (not necessary with a BrM). Use MD/TotT on tanks to secure threat. Be careful not to pull threat or you will die. BoP healers for extra security. Throw an external on each tank while running up.
    • Once at the top, AoE grip them together (if you have a DK; can also use Mocking Banner if you have a Prot Warrior) then immediately AoE stun them.
    • Blow them up. Don't stand in fears.
    • Exactly 10 buffs will drop. Make sure your squishies get buffs first (and before the first Annihilate lands). Rogues, Locks, and tanks should be the last to get buffs just in case extras get picked up. Use externals on people without the buff.
    Monks can Tiger's Lust the tank; Priest can bubble-sprint both tanks; Both are especially helpful for paladin or DK tanks who both have inadequate sprinting ability

And priest can Fear Ward.
    Last edited by blackblade; 2014-02-27 at 10:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    we are skipping it, only having one empowered whirl in p2

In re: to prior post also - definitely want priest using feathers (not bubble sprint) for those very movement reasons like kiting iron star in final phase.

Depends less on your comp and more on your DPS.

Right now for you, it comes down to the question of which is easier to handle: Two Empowered Whirls, or Intermission 2. If Int2 is going to have a learning curve and you have to blow cooldowns there to live, you've probably not gained much by doing it.

If you're almost beating the second whirling, you may want to look at the earlier phases of the fight and see if you can squeeze in a few more % DPS somewhere. Getting an extra 1-2% on the boss at the end of phase 1 by minimizing AoE and pushing the boss before you get a third set of adds such that he's the only target up for those few seconds before intermission 1 starts, finishing intermission 1 a little faster so you have more time to DPS and stressing to DPS to stand close to the boss and take minimal movements to avoid Annihilate, letting tanks stand in Annihilate to get more vengeance, using mobile ranged/healers to bait weapons into a corner of the room in phase 2 so you don't have to kill them (super-easy with 2x warlocks since they can shrink the first one or two by dropping bane on it and continuing to DPS the boss) and so that the rest of your DPS can stand stationary and burn, etc.

If you're not already doing all of the above, that could be the difference between 1 or 2 Empowered Whirls right there.

If your dps is high enought, you can skip 2nd intermission. Just stay and chill out
    You can pull some adds for warlocks (embers regen) and for priest (mana regen).
    However, we did this with 1 healer only. But maybe after nerfs it's doable with 2 healers.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why skip it? It's not even hard, I mean this is the last boss of the entire expansion, why would you want to "cheat" yourself by skipping it? If you have a problem with people being feared, then they need to play better basically, because no one would skip that phase otherwise.

Edit: Ok read your OP again, basically if you used to skip that transition with no previous issues, then what has changed? If you want to do that phase (which you should) then:

-Any priests? >>Fear Ward Tanks
    -Healers use CD's on tank/s
    -Use druid roars if you have them at start.
    -Have your raiders run on the sides as they go up to the boss
    -Don't DPS the adds until they have all been gathered (gripped/stunned) on the top platform
    -Avoid the grey swirly circles
    -Only ONLY get one buff, make sure your raiders know they only pop one and ONE only>>>Tanks like to whore vengeance here, so make sure they are LAST to get the bubble incase a dps/healer was slow.
    -Got shamans? Tremor totem middle platform and top platform (shaman permitting)
    Last edited by Hypasonic; 2014-03-01 at 12:23 AM.

It's been general practice to afk this transition for months.. only gets easier now with the nerf. DPS landmark post nerf should make it 1 empowered whirl after transition 2 and 1 empowered whirl in p3, then p4 transition. The only difference pre nerf was you'd get 2 empowered whirls pre phase 3..

Deleted
    We are also progressing through the fight at around same point as you. On our best attempts we have been ~7% away of not getting a 2nd transition using 2 tanks and 2 healers. We may try one tanking or one healing it next raid.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    We are also progressing through the fight at around same point as you. On our best attempts we have been ~7% away of not getting a 2nd transition using 2 tanks and 2 healers. We may try one tanking or one healing it next raid.
    Well I'm just dumbfounded, getting the 2nd transition isn't as bad as you think and there is a reason why they nerfed this on 10m, such that guilds didn't feel REQUIRED to 1 heal it.....

Stop thinking this encounter is entirely revolved around avoiding/afking the 2nd transition, it isn't and hasn't been ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Well I'm just dumbfounded, getting the 2nd transition isn't as bad as you think and there is a reason why they nerfed this on 10m, such that guilds didn't feel REQUIRED to 1 heal it.....

Stop thinking this encounter is entirely revolved around avoiding/afking the 2nd transition, it isn't and hasn't been ever.
    It's not about the transition, but empowered whirling corruption.