Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Elemental Lord Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Russia
    Posts
    8,632
    Arthases and Illidans everywhere. Infinite e-peen. Every female is a succubus. Some males, too. "LOOK HOW EXTRAORDINARY I AM", says everyone. Good Lord, let us finally have demonhunter class, allow these stupid children to fulfil their wet dream of being dark mysterious shadow ninja demonhunters with double katanas, and then let them understand how tasteless, pretentious and immature it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Metzenphrenia. As defined in the DSM: "To be so badly written, that it drives the character into insanity." It's symptoms are similar to schizophrenia but even crazier.
    "There are no answers, only choices" - Solaris.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladesinger View Post
    I dont know what the deal is. Have you guys forgotten noggenfogger elixir.Wearing holiday customs. That was a blast for everyone. Whats the differens. Also it can be made so not EVERYONE will obtain it. More like a reward.
    Look, I see where you're coming from. I really do. It's just that I really doubt it'd be as fun in practice as in theory.

    The Noggenfogger and similar are silly, and can somehow be explained through lore (alchemy or whatever). And even if there was no explanation, they're no big deal since you're a generic skeleton or whatever. But when we have 30 people running around in SW/OG as Arthas, Illidan or Uther it might get a bit too much for some.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

  3. #23
    I don't like that, WoW is a roleplaying game. I don't mind the occasional Orb or Ogre costume, and the Murloc one was simply amazing, but I think the amount of transformy items is getting a little out of hand now. I know we'll stop using them next expac anyway, but I hope the new toys are more toys, less model swaps.

    I don't mind however, the occasional instance/scenario where you could be disguised as a major lore character for espionage reasons etc :P

    But just gimme cool gear, cool new models and cool toys, I don't wanna be someone else, I wanna be my character(s)

  4. #24
    Blademaster Belao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    29
    Playing on a RP server, I can only imagine the fustercluck this feature would bring. So no. Please.

  5. #25
    Stood in the Fire freakyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladesinger View Post
    I dont know what the deal is. Have you guys forgotten noggenfogger elixir.Wearing holiday customs. That was a blast for everyone. Whats the differens. Also it can be made so not EVERYONE will obtain it. More like a reward.
    Yes, but why would we want to glorify the bosses that caused so much turmoil and destruction that we had to go and "kill" them?? - Lore perspective of course.

    Though, taking lore out of the equation, i think the other posters have it when they say we'd just see the same 5 bosses everywhere. No matter how "difficult" it is to obtain, it will become common at some point, and if it's truly hard to obtain, then what would be the point? Bragging rights that you look like Arthas or Illidan??

    Not on board with this idea. Perhaps maybe being able to obtain part of their gear or something that belonged to them would be neat, and possibly fit in with lore, but nobody could obtain anything of the Lich Kings, his armor is tainted and being worn currently.

    I think Blizz has done enough to let us look close to the bosses we fight. We can obtain Gorehowl, Garrosh's weapon. We can obtain Rag's hammer, Illidan's glaives, one of the pvp maces back in Vanilla looked exactly like the one Arthas used before he got Frostmourne. You can also obtain Garrosh's shoulder armor and i'm sure various other bosses in SoO have obtainable gear, Nazgrim's axe and armor are fully available. You just gotta look around a little.

  6. #26
    Better yet, Illidan battle pet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Those transformation items really hurt your immersion amirite?
    Yes, 13 deathwings walking around Stormwind does sorta break my immersion

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    Look, I see where you're coming from. I really do. It's just that I really doubt it'd be as fun in practice as in theory.

    The Noggenfogger and similar are silly, and can somehow be explained through lore (alchemy or whatever). And even if there was no explanation, they're no big deal since you're a generic skeleton or whatever. But when we have 30 people running around in SW/OG as Arthas, Illidan or Uther it might get a bit too much for some.
    This. generic is one thing, but being Deathwing/Illidan/Arthas is ridiculous, there is only 1 and that 1 is dead.

    Being a skeleton or something? Wouldnt care. Being Lord Marrowgar? no

  8. #28
    Stood in the Fire freakyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Yes, 13 deathwings walking around Stormwind does sorta break my immersion

    - - - Updated - - -



    This. generic is one thing, but being Deathwing/Illidan/Arthas is ridiculous, there is only 1 and that 1 is dead.

    Being a skeleton or something? Wouldnt care. Being Lord Marrowgar? no
    To be fair, Illidan is half demon, it's entirely possible that he could be resurrected at some point. Yes, that's extremely wishful thinking, but when people like Metzen make claims that he would like to do an Illidan redemption story, it kinda fosters that hope.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post
    To be fair, Illidan is half demon, it's entirely possible that he could be resurrected at some point. Yes, that's extremely wishful thinking, but when people like Metzen make claims that he would like to do an Illidan redemption story, it kinda fosters that hope.
    Right now he is dead.

    And even then, there is only 1 illidan. Not 18.

    Now, the demon hunter TCG item is neat, and stuff like that is cool to use. But having it be illidan himself, or any other boos, no thanks.

  10. #30
    Scarab Lord Viridiancity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    IN A PICKLE
    Posts
    4,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Arthases and Illidans everywhere. Infinite e-peen. Every female is a succubus. Some males, too. "LOOK HOW EXTRAORDINARY I AM", says everyone. Good Lord, let us finally have demonhunter class, allow these stupid children to fulfil their wet dream of being dark mysterious shadow ninja demonhunters with double katanas, and then let them understand how tasteless, pretentious and immature it is.
    I like you. Soooo much.

  11. #31
    Elemental Lord Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Russia
    Posts
    8,632
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA View Post
    I like you. Soooo much.
    *takes off hat and bows*
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Metzenphrenia. As defined in the DSM: "To be so badly written, that it drives the character into insanity." It's symptoms are similar to schizophrenia but even crazier.
    "There are no answers, only choices" - Solaris.

  12. #32
    "I'm Illdan guyz!....So am I...So am I... *5000 other people* So am I." "NO IM THE BETTER ILLIDAN NO STFU PICK SOMEONE ELSE IM THE LEET DEMON HUNTER GTFO NOOBZ"

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Better yet, Illidan battle pet.
    Better yet: skins for battle pets.

  14. #34
    "You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions I command!"

    *walks into Orgrimmar and sees literally a legion of Malchezaars*

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Arthases and Illidans everywhere. Infinite e-peen. Every female is a succubus. Some males, too. "LOOK HOW EXTRAORDINARY I AM", says everyone. Good Lord, let us finally have demonhunter class, allow these stupid children to fulfil their wet dream of being dark mysterious shadow ninja demonhunters with double katanas, and then let them understand how tasteless, pretentious and immature it is.
    How is being a DemonHunter any more tasteless, pretentious or immature as say a Warlock or a Rogue or a Deathknight?

    Calling people Children just because they like something you do not actually makes you look more immature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    How about we wait till we're actually playing it before we go into estimating the amount of content in comparison to expansion x and how little it is and how bad it is and how feature y doesn't count because some people don't care about it and those people that like it don't count because they don't matter for some obscure reason?

  16. #36
    Just roll Warlock and be content with unoriginal set inspired by Illidan.

  17. #37
    Elemental Lord Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Russia
    Posts
    8,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    How is being a DemonHunter any more tasteless, pretentious or immature as say a Warlock or a Rogue or a Deathknight?

    Calling people Children just because they like something you do not actually makes you look more immature.
    Those three are more or less generic and common to fantasy genre. Death knight does stand out a little, but it's fairly tame in WoW. Demonhunter is associated solely with the kewl Illlidan dual-wielding double glaives (because simply wielding swords is not cool enough), his bare torso (too awesome to need armor), fel tattoos (much power, very style), blindfold (so much skillz he fights blind!), hakama pants (anything Japanese is cooler), demonform (THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM!!!), etc. It's all about the image. Rogue is a dude with knives. Warlock is a mage who casts darker magics than usual. DK is a dude in plate, with a couple of features reminding of undeath - blue eyes and blue glow on weapons in this case. But demonhunter... so much show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Metzenphrenia. As defined in the DSM: "To be so badly written, that it drives the character into insanity." It's symptoms are similar to schizophrenia but even crazier.
    "There are no answers, only choices" - Solaris.

  18. #38
    I want to skin illidan.. and then wear his skin as a robe....

    :O
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

  19. #39
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    18,329
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Do people just no longer care about immersion?
    "People"? Some do, some don't.

    No, I don't think it is a great idea. Mounts, armours, orbs of deceptions or the Halloween shapeshifting is enough IMHO. You can be Illidan - just not in WoW, that is why there will be HotS
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Those three are more or less generic and common to fantasy genre. Death knight does stand out a little, but it's fairly tame in WoW. Demonhunter is associated solely with the kewl Illlidan dual-wielding double glaives (because simply wielding swords is not cool enough), his bare torso (too awesome to need armor), fel tattoos (much power, very style), blindfold (so much skillz he fights blind!), hakama pants (anything Japanese is cooler), demonform (THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM!!!), etc. It's all about the image. Rogue is a dude with knives. Warlock is a mage who casts darker magics than usual. DK is a dude in plate, with a couple of features reminding of undeath - blue eyes and blue glow on weapons in this case. But demonhunter... so much show.
    Why you hating on Illidan! He gave the wow best looking legendary ever.

    Also its funny how you say illdan is all show and then compare it to "normal" classes. As if Tirion is not all out show paladin with his Ashbringer etc. Every class hero is supposed to be a show, because thats what they are, a way to make players think one day they will be almost as cool as the class heroes. Also just because Illidan looks like he does, doesnt mean every DH, if ever implemented as class, would look like him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •