Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Maybe as Halloween costumes. But all the time? It would get old pretty fast.

  2. #42
    Nezparah from vashjir. i'll just sit in a city all day

  3. #43
    Stood in the Fire Steve the Sloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    471
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladesinger View Post
    Seeing all the different skins for Heros, i've been wondering. Wouldnt it be cool if you could aquire Boss skins or other major NPC skins and wear them in a non-combat situation.
    Kinda like Transmogrification
    What do you guys think. Who would you pick?
    Seems a bit morbid for a game rated T doesn't it?

    OT: I'd rather not sit in SW and stare at 1,000 Illidan's/Ragnaros'. Love the idea for Heroes though and can't wait to get my hands on it.

  4. #44
    Mechagnome Iconja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    623
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Arthases and Illidans everywhere. Infinite e-peen. Every female is a succubus. Some males, too. "LOOK HOW EXTRAORDINARY I AM", says everyone. Good Lord, let us finally have demonhunter class, allow these stupid children to fulfil their wet dream of being dark mysterious shadow ninja demonhunters with double katanas, and then let them understand how tasteless, pretentious and immature it is.
    Nailed it.
    ''The man who tells the tale is the one who decides history, he tells it wrong, and you have nothing more than a pretty story, he tells it right, and you have a legacy, you want a story told right, you ask someone who helped make it happen...''

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Sloth View Post
    Seems a bit morbid for a game rated T doesn't it?

    OT: I'd rather not sit in SW and stare at 1,000 Illidan's/Ragnaros'. Love the idea for Heroes though and can't wait to get my hands on it.
    What do you think this is on the left?

    It's Illidans bones and skin and clothing worn like he carried the skull of Gul'dan. And this game has numerous examples of this. It has mounts with decapitated rotting heads hanging on the saddles. Orc heads, elf head, skulls too.

    But really, you guys are basically talking about this. I used to wish this would change you into Illidan's WOE model in the many months we had of waiting to use it. Sadly it's just a generic demon hunter Night Elf.

    http://www.wowhead.com/item=79769/demon-hunters-aspect

    But this would be lame, who wants to see a bunch of famous lore characters walking around? Get a glyph and pick pocket somethign with your rogue.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Those three are more or less generic and common to fantasy genre. Death knight does stand out a little, but it's fairly tame in WoW. Demonhunter is associated solely with the kewl Illlidan dual-wielding double glaives (because simply wielding swords is not cool enough), his bare torso (too awesome to need armor), fel tattoos (much power, very style), blindfold (so much skillz he fights blind!), hakama pants (anything Japanese is cooler), demonform (THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM!!!), etc. It's all about the image. Rogue is a dude with knives. Warlock is a mage who casts darker magics than usual. DK is a dude in plate, with a couple of features reminding of undeath - blue eyes and blue glow on weapons in this case. But demonhunter... so much show.
    You realise Demon Hunters were a thing in D&D long before Illidan was even shown in WC3 or WoW.

    But once again, just because you do not like something does not mean it is immature or stupid.

    Just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    How about we wait till we're actually playing it before we go into estimating the amount of content in comparison to expansion x and how little it is and how bad it is and how feature y doesn't count because some people don't care about it and those people that like it don't count because they don't matter for some obscure reason?

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Nailed it.
    And thus you demon hunter naysayers are revealed for what you are. Yes, demon hunters fans are all just shallow, immature, pretentious, tasteless, tacky, rule of cool, emo kiddies while you're just sophisticated and modest adults playing Warcraft. The cartoon gore laden fantasy game with 4th wall breaking pop culture jokes which is at it's heart one giant homage to saturday morning cartoons and adolescent escapist fantasy and mythology, with absurdly large over the top visuals in every nook and cranny, shoulders too big to fit through doorways, over saturated colors from a crayola crayon box, and the same recycled themes and tropes echoed through eternity in one big homage fest, while you kid yourselves into thinking you're somehow above it all, lamenting the crude writing you have to put up with and mocking the game in your self conscious shame over being associated with it in the first place. Walking on the backs of those you deem your inferiors while you affirm yourself a little more while arguing and debating about these things on an internet forum on a daily basis.

    The hypocrisy and irony is really quite a sight to behold, if I had eyes that is, because I cut them out while listening to Gorgoroth and carving a pentagram in my chest with the mass produced katana I have on my wall I bought at the gun show. But luckily I have this braille keyboard at hand.

    Soon I shall find my reward in Dark Carcosa.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    You realise Demon Hunters were a thing in D&D long before Illidan was even shown in WC3 or WoW.

    But once again, just because you do not like something does not mean it is immature or stupid.

    Just saying.
    You actually think you can reason with these pretentious patronizing snobs? What exactly in Warcraft do they think isn't on par with every fault they find here? They are walking on the backs of others because they need to. And you're simply giving them a loftier perch to stare in their mirror with as an extra spine.
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-02-28 at 09:20 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

  8. #48
    Elemental Lord Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Russia
    Posts
    8,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Itakas View Post
    Why you hating on Illidan! He gave the wow best looking legendary ever.

    Also its funny how you say illdan is all show and then compare it to "normal" classes. As if Tirion is not all out show paladin with his Ashbringer etc. Every class hero is supposed to be a show, because thats what they are, a way to make players think one day they will be almost as cool as the class heroes. Also just because Illidan looks like he does, doesnt mean every DH, if ever implemented as class, would look like him.
    If you strip the demonhunter if its kewl Illidan image, you might come to a conclusion that you can already play one, and it's called combat rogue. This topic has been done to death really. And the warglaives... there's a reason no one ever used those IRL. They're screaming "ineffective".
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    You realise Demon Hunters were a thing in D&D long before Illidan was even shown in WC3 or WoW.

    But once again, just because you do not like something does not mean it is immature or stupid.

    Just saying.
    Lolwut? There's two levels of D&D for this purpose: core D&D, which since 2nd edition supports 11 classes - fighter, barbarian, paladin, ranger, rogue, monk, bard, druid, cleric, sorcerer, and wizard - and an obscure hell of modules and extensions, especially to 3.5 edition, which has several hundreds of classes, including Arachnomancer, Lasher, Urban Soul, Warchief, and almost anything you could imagine, so it's not even an argument, because everything "was a thing in D&D" at some point... but even in that case demonhunter is just a minor variation of ranger with two extra abilities that hit demons exclusively. So, play hunter class and use black arrow with additional pathos?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    And thus you demon hunter naysayers are revealed for what you are. Yes, demon hunters fans are all just shallow, immature, pretentious, tasteless, tacky, rule of cool, emo kiddies while you're just sophisticated and modest adults playing Warcraft. The cartoon gore laden fantasy game with 4th wall breaking pop culture jokes which is at it's heart one giant homage to saturday morning cartoons and adolescent escapist fantasy and mythology, with absurdly large over the top visuals in every nook and cranny, shoulders too big to fit through doorways, over saturated colors from a crayola crayon box, and the same recycled themes and tropes echoed through eternity in one big homage fest, while you kid yourselves into thinking you're somehow above it all, lamenting the crude writing you have to put up with and mocking the game in your self conscious shame over being associated with it in the first place. Walking on the backs of those you deem your inferiors while you affirm yourself a little more while arguing and debating about these things on an internet forum on a daily basis.
    No, I just genuinely enjoy mockig DH junkies. It's too obvious that they never went beyond Illlidan's looks. They don't want mountain king class, because it looks like a dwarf. They don't want a bloodmage class, because it looks like just an elf caster. They don't want beastmaster, because it doesn't look that special. They want the most exquisite-looking class WC3 ever had, and no analogy ever sufficed - neither demo locks, nor combat rogues. Plus, the image of "dark, vengeful, misunderstood exile with a noble goal".
    Soon I shall find my reward in Dark Carcosa.
    It's "lost Carcosa". Know what you're fhtagning about.
    Last edited by Haven; 2014-03-01 at 12:40 AM.
    "A NAME IS A CLOAK OF LETTERS THROWN UPON A MAN. IT MEANS NOTHING." - Transcendent One, Planescape: Torment.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    If you strip the demonhunter if its kewl Illidan image, you might come to a conclusion that you can already play one, and it's called combat rogue. This topic has been done to death really. And the warglaives... there's a reason no one ever used those IRL. They're screaming "ineffective".

    Lolwut? There's two levels of D&D for this purpose: core D&D, which since 2nd edition supports 11 classes - fighter, barbarian, paladin, ranger, rogue, monk, bard, druid, cleric, sorcerer, and wizard - and an obscure hell of modules and extensions, especially to 3.5 edition, which has several hundreds of classes, including Arachnomancer, Lasher, Urban Soul, Warchief, and almost anything you could imagine, so it's not even an argument, because everything "was a thing in D&D" at some point... but even in that case demonhunter is just a minor variation of ranger with two extra abilities that hit demons exclusively. So, play hunter class and use black arrow with additional pathos?

    No, I just genuinely enjoy mockig DH junkies. It's too obvious that they never went beyond Illlidan's looks. They don't want mountain king class, because it looks like a dwarf. They don't want a bloodmage class, because it looks like just an elf caster. They don't want beastmaster, because it doesn't look that special. They want the most exquisite-looking class WC3 ever had, and no analogy ever sufficed - neither demo locks, nor combat rogues. Plus, the image of "dark, vengeful, misunderstood exile with a noble goal".

    It's "lost Carcosa". Know what you're fhtagning about.
    You're just a typical steam punk hipster. Yes people want all manner of hero units, but demon hutners are the most ppopular. There is nothing wrong with "looking cool', it's the basic of this game's entire basic existence, a bunch of cool drawings given the exucse of a story. You're just acting like a snobby elitist patronizing arrogant insulting jerk with tired canards and cliche hipster opinions over tropes being intrisically bad and the rule of cool all while playing Warcraft of all games in the world.

    You're a steampunk hipster by the looks of your avatar, no different than goth subculture, an army of people who think they are "original", and you have a personality disorder based on putting other people down if you seriously enjoy mocking other people over issues of taste. Your arrogance and flippancy is a badge I'm sure you wear with pride.

    You're nothing but a fantasy nerd hipster in our sub culture sitting there you nose in the air over what is mundane enough and pithy and snarky enough to delight your little cosplay gatherings. Welcome to the club. You're just another cardboard cut out of people trying to look original.
    http://io9.com/why-hipsters-are-all-the-same-1526705694

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post

    It's "lost Carcosa". Know what you're fhtagning about.
    That was an attempt at irony for obscure literary elitists you walked directly into.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

  10. #50
    Stood in the Fire Amnaught's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Velen dies
    Posts
    389
    Yes, but only if it's on the Blizzard Store for 24.99, and it's account-wide. I've always wanted to walk up to Sylvanas as Arthas and have her sing her song. "Do it. You can't not do it. Little bitch..."

  11. #51
    Stood in the Fire Steve the Sloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    471
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    What do you think this is on the left?

    It's Illidans bones and skin and clothing worn like he carried the skull of Gul'dan. And this game has numerous examples of this. It has mounts with decapitated rotting heads hanging on the saddles. Orc heads, elf head, skulls too.

    But really, you guys are basically talking about this. I used to wish this would change you into Illidan's WOE model in the many months we had of waiting to use it. Sadly it's just a generic demon hunter Night Elf.

    http://www.wowhead.com/item=79769/demon-hunters-aspect

    But this would be lame, who wants to see a bunch of famous lore characters walking around? Get a glyph and pick pocket somethign with your rogue.
    I was completely kidding...

  12. #52
    Sure, why not. The game is already pretty much a glorified 3d chat room in terms of immersion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    You're just a typical steam punk hipster. Yes people want all manner of hero units, but demon hutners are the most ppopular. There is nothing wrong with "looking cool', it's the basic of this game's entire basic existence, a bunch of cool drawings given the exucse of a story. You're just acting like a snobby elitist patronizing arrogant insulting jerk with tired canards and cliche hipster opinions over tropes being intrisically bad and the rule of cool all while playing Warcraft of all games in the world.

    You're a steampunk hipster by the looks of your avatar, no different than goth subculture, an army of people who think they are "original", and you have a personality disorder based on putting other people down if you seriously enjoy mocking other people over issues of taste. Your arrogance and flippancy is a badge I'm sure you wear with pride.

    You're nothing but a fantasy nerd hipster in our sub culture sitting there you nose in the air over what is mundane enough and pithy and snarky enough to delight your little cosplay gatherings. Welcome to the club. You're just another cardboard cut out of people trying to look original.
    http://io9.com/why-hipsters-are-all-the-same-1526705694

    - - - Updated - - -



    That was an attempt at irony for obscure literary elitists you walked directly into.
    Jesus that was the worst post I've ever read. You managed to write two paragraphs worth without actually saying anything.

  13. #53
    I wanna transform into dragon.

  14. #54
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    I wanna transform into dragon.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=65891/vial-of-the-sands

  15. #55
    Scarab Lord shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Spaniard in Copenhagen
    Posts
    4,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladesinger View Post
    Seeing all the different skins for Heros, i've been wondering. Wouldnt it be cool if you could aquire Boss skins or other major NPC skins and wear them in a non-combat situation.
    Kinda like Transmogrification
    What do you guys think. Who would you pick?
    You can already do that if you mess up with the files of the game, tho it usually ends up making every X character look like Y.


    Anyways, no, not at all. It would be like allowing legendary weapons to be transmoged, that would be a shame. I love to wear my glaives because I like how they look. Having them all over the place would be sad and no longer that "special" for me. The same goes for skins... Illidan is Illidan, period!

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Arthases and Illidans everywhere. Infinite e-peen. Every female is a succubus. Some males, too. "LOOK HOW EXTRAORDINARY I AM", says everyone. Good Lord, let us finally have demonhunter class, allow these stupid children to fulfil their wet dream of being dark mysterious shadow ninja demonhunters with double katanas, and then let them understand how tasteless, pretentious and immature it is.
    I giggled.. sadly but true.. weird thing i adopted in wrath is.. LF2s arthuss: hai dk here invite need points me: uhm.. got some one already...


  17. #57
    Yeah, let's fuck little common sense we have in the game.

  18. #58
    Elemental Lord Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Russia
    Posts
    8,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    You're just a typical steam punk hipster. Yes people want all manner of hero units, but demon hutners are the most ppopular. There is nothing wrong with "looking cool', it's the basic of this game's entire basic existence, a bunch of cool drawings given the exucse of a story. You're just acting like a snobby elitist patronizing arrogant insulting jerk with tired canards and cliche hipster opinions over tropes being intrisically bad and the rule of cool all while playing Warcraft of all games in the world.

    You're a steampunk hipster by the looks of your avatar, no different than goth subculture, an army of people who think they are "original", and you have a personality disorder based on putting other people down if you seriously enjoy mocking other people over issues of taste. Your arrogance and flippancy is a badge I'm sure you wear with pride.

    You're nothing but a fantasy nerd hipster in our sub culture sitting there you nose in the air over what is mundane enough and pithy and snarky enough to delight your little cosplay gatherings. Welcome to the club. You're just another cardboard cut out of people trying to look original.
    http://io9.com/why-hipsters-are-all-the-same-1526705694
    ...wow. That was remarkable. Especially the part where you overanalyze my avatar. But what if someone was to make conclusions due to your oversensitivity in this matter?
    That was an attempt at irony for obscure literary elitists you walked directly into.
    Enjoying Lovecraft and his followers is hipster now? Or is it mainstream? I'm confused.
    "A NAME IS A CLOAK OF LETTERS THROWN UPON A MAN. IT MEANS NOTHING." - Transcendent One, Planescape: Torment.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    Sure, why not. The game is already pretty much a glorified 3d chat room in terms of immersion.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Jesus that was the worst post I've ever read. You managed to write two paragraphs worth without actually saying anything.
    Glad to have demonstrated my point. It was a direct reflection of this "commentary" here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Arthases and Illidans everywhere. Infinite e-peen. Every female is a succubus. Some males, too. "LOOK HOW EXTRAORDINARY I AM", says everyone. Good Lord, let us finally have demonhunter class, allow these stupid children to fulfil their wet dream of being dark mysterious shadow ninja demonhunters with double katanas, and then let them understand how tasteless, pretentious and immature it is.

    Judging groups of people based on their taste, dehumanizing and belittling the intellectual capacity of others for their preference of one fantastical thing over another in a world of fictional creations. Tribes of social outcasts and eccentrics organizing and distancing themselves in this farce over what is sophisticated and worthy of appreciation and depth, what is original and thought provoking while what is denigrated as shallow and only holding appeal to the lowest common denominator, all at the expense of the self worth and judgement of other human beings.

    It was a satirical and hyperbolic recreation of their "own medicine", demonstrating how absolutely self aggrandizing these attitudes are.

    It was a window into how obscene this world of the elitist inner circle is with it's self obsessed regard for what is worthy of value and what is worthy of being dismissed as beneath them, and what can be used to filter out and reveal "the lesser".

    This "I'm not a nerd but you are a nerd/I'm a cool nerd with taste but you're a shallow nerd with tacky childish penchants for what's shiny" shit is bullshit.
    And that bulllshit needs to have a spotlight shined on it for the bullshit it is.

    Meanwhile, this empowers the smugness of the individual, see above, now showing a distant aloofness and apathy for the entire exchange. The simulation of my vehement and desperate need to defend myself a kind of victory in their eyes implied through passive aggressive means rather than directly deconstructing me further for the mistakes I made in the appropriate identification and value in the magical spectrum of sub genres we now enjoy in geekdom. I deliberately used a plague doctor's mask and victorian era camera filter to jump to any number of conclusions opening myself up to be corrected and further criticized for my incompetence in the social doctrines at play here. I was met with a very nonchalant and restrained response showing my lack of significance to what they've got going on in their life at the moment.

    I suspect the point was lost on you as an entire divide between subcultures on par with a class system is unknown to you. Or you're feigning it just to denigrate me.
    Or I just seem to be spouting a bunch of gibberish to you, but it's notable that you chose to let me know what you thought of me.

    So humor me if you would, what do you think of demon hunter fans? Are they are super ultra cool wannabe bad ass darker of the darkiest dark ninjas from hell who are just totally awesome that is every child's wet dream? Yes, and meanwhile the thinking man's fantasy lover sips their absinthe and listens to their authentic antique so and so while discussing the practicality of a zweihander being worn on the back while laughing about the latest person who didn't know what a "Mary Sue" was.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    ...wow. That was remarkable. Especially the part where you overanalyze my avatar. But what if someone was to make conclusions due to your oversensitivity in this matter?
    Perhaps you grasp the analogy now.
    Enjoying Lovecraft and his followers is hipster now? Or is it mainstream? I'm confused.
    Lovecraft is to zombies what Janet Jackson is to Michael Jackson, currently.
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-03-02 at 07:52 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladesinger View Post
    Seeing all the different skins for Heros, i've been wondering. Wouldnt it be cool if you could aquire Boss skins or other major NPC skins and wear them in a non-combat situation.
    Kinda like Transmogrification
    What do you guys think. Who would you pick?
    It's a fun idea, and if WoW stopped bothering with questing and leveling and was just people spamming dungeons it would probably work out just fine. Just slapping it into WoW at this point would be silly.

    I never really thought about borrowing some other monsters skin, as I still like to think of my characters as being a concrete person. It would be cool to change my dwarf's stone form to the iron dwarf skin, but other than that I can't think of anything. On the other hand, a specific class that could do that with heavy restrictions would be awesome.
    blah, new sig... something something

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •