Enhancement DPS help

my dps sucks big time, idk why. Obviously i must be doing something wrong. My warcraftlogs are from We like Epics. I'm Pancakeheals.
    if any1 could point out or help me ingame would be great thank in advance

Deleted
    Heya

Firstly if you are gonna ask for log help - do everyone a favour and link it

http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/228703/calendar/

Secondly, seeing as you only used Earth Shock 13 times in a whole Normal Mode raid night clear means that you simply just don't know your basics.

Remove every spell from your actions bars, go to http://www.icy-veins.com/enhancement...-pve-dps-guide and start from the beginning.

Once you have the basics right then the community can help you tweak to get more DPS.

Good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewt-Frostmane View Post
    Firstly if you are gonna ask for log help - do everyone a favour and link it
    Doesn't look like he has enough posts at the moment.

Oddly enough WoL is one of the few things that my work firewall blocks, and I cannot see the logs, so here is some general advice:

- Use Lightning Bolt during down time at 1+ stacks of Maelstrom Weapon. Stacks come quick so sometimes I wait for 2+ if I know my abilities won't be up in time.
    - Keep a close eye on your unleash elements buffs. Specifically the Flametongue buff. It increases the damage of your next flame shock so you can push some dps by reapplying flame shock at the right time. It's also very helpful to make sure you use it on Fire Nova during aoe.
    - Watch your priorities! Your abilities will come up at the same time very often. Priority: Lightning Bolt (5 MW stacks), Stormstrike, Lava Lash, Unleash Elements, Earth Shock. Thems the basics, but the link Mewt linked above will help you master the situational priorities.
    - Always keep your searing totem up. It is easy to forget this especially on fights with a lot of movement.
    - Use Fire/Earth Elementals wisely! They are your biggest damage cooldown so make sure they will be on the boss for the whole duration (in other words, don't cast it during a phase transition or otherwise when it will not get uptime on the boss).
    - You have a TON of abilities that you can use to survive. Don't forget to use them, as a dead shaman is not doing any damage. Shamanistic Rage, Feral Spirit, Healing Totems, Spirit Walk (utility), Maelstrom Weapon instant heal.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Using Juggernaught as example because its one of the most faceroll patchwerk style bosses this tier.

The fight length is 4:16.

Optimistically, you should have:

31 Stormstrikes - you had 25, including two Stormblasts - Why did you only cast Ascendance once?
    25 Lava Lashes - you had 18.
    Flame Shock - You cast it once?
    Earth Shock - 3?

You simply do not know your class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Using Juggernaught as example because its one of the most faceroll patchwerk style bosses this tier.

The fight length is 4:16.

Optimistically, you should have:

31 Stormstrikes - you had 25, including two Stormblasts - Why did you only cast Ascendance once?
    25 Lava Lashes - you had 18.
    Flame Shock - You cast it once?
    Earth Shock - 3?

You simply do not know your class.
    Also your Lightning Shield % damage seems to be under half what it should be considering you're specced into Unleashed Fury, suggesting you don't use Unleash Elements every CD. With the t16 2p it's your top priority skill - with UF it's your top priority regardless of if you had the set bonus.

You should maintain flame shock on your target, always cast it when you have the unleash flames 30% buff.

Earth Shock is used in place of it when you don't need to refresh.
    Last edited by mmoca5cbd6680e; 2014-03-01 at 03:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, you have H AoC (theres a kick a nuts). For the love of Drek Thar, get rid of Glyph of FET.

i c , thanks for the help, ill try and yeah i cannot post links

10+ Year Old Account
    Download the Hekili (sp?) addon. Its quite good and will help you.

Also, you have H AoC (theres a kick a nuts). For the love of Drek Thar, get rid of Glyph of FET.
    Question: why would you do this?

With glyph and aoc you can match EM and fire ele totem almost perfectly.

also second question: is it really worth casting lb when you don't have maelstrom stacks? I would have thought the loss of autos during the cast time means less damage overall because firstly you're not proccing any more maelstroms while casting and secondly autos are quite a high percentage of our damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.totemspot.com/vb/showthre...ll=1#post86649

Good post here on the FET glyph. Essentially it's only useful if you need it for short burst periods ie belts on seigecrafter or perhaps galakras.

It's pretty much a waste of time with AoC. Especially the heroic upgraded version.

As for lightning bolts. I personally don't cast with 0 stacks. I use that time to get my bearings see where I'm going to run to. Maybe drop a hst. I feel it's a better use of my limited down time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post

also second question: is it really worth casting lb when you don't have maelstrom stacks? I would have thought the loss of autos during the cast time means less damage overall because firstly you're not proccing any more maelstroms while casting and secondly autos are quite a high percentage of our damage.
    Realisticly casting is worth it because the 1-2 autos you might lose more then likely wont come out to the same amount of damage as a lightining bolt with 80-95% mastery on top of that with the amount of haste we have at this point holding out till 5 stacks will more then likely result in several wasted stacks per 5proc

There was an argument that "casting lb@3 stacks is a dps loss because just in case your 4pc procs lavalash itll be delayed!" I dont remeber who said that but imo its way to unreliable to be a viable excuse.
    Last edited by Felocity; 2014-03-07 at 03:31 AM.

Number 1 Enchantment shaman world 8) soon to be deathknight

http://www.totemspot.com/vb/showthre...ll=1#post86649

Good post here on the FET glyph. Essentially it's only useful if you need it for short burst periods ie belts on seigecrafter or perhaps galakras.

It's pretty much a waste of time with AoC. Especially the heroic upgraded version.

As for lightning bolts. I personally don't cast with 0 stacks. I use that time to get my bearings see where I'm going to run to. Maybe drop a hst. I feel it's a better use of my limited down time.
    Actually, given you are the person that went out of your way to tell someone they didn't know their class, the kicker really is that on Jugg, depending on fight length, FET glyph is supremely optimial, ESPECIALLY if aiming for ranks on the fight.

What you linked is not a good post, it's one anecdotal opinion of the glyph which is wildly incorrect compared to the use of the glyph, especially on single target fights that happen to have a duration that suits syncing cooldowns (Jugg/Malk in particular) in which using it would cause a 33% increase in the lineup of EM and more importantly the Dextrous proc in exchange for a 25% decrease in bloodlust uptime on it.

Telling someone to absolutely stay away from Fire Elemental glyph at all points is very off point since whilst is usage is quite niche, the post you linked basically stated "well gee I just don't think 1 global for significantly increased DPET is worth it pal!"; of course also ignoring that the post is over 2 months old and as such fight lengths have noticeably decreased, its value has increased because of this, and as such the info is completely outdated.
    Last edited by wordup; 2014-03-07 at 03:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is about the basics. i dont think hes aiming for rankings and His fight lengths will not have decreased as he is still on progression. Those two months yes effect you and I but will not effect him.

It's a bad glyph to use all the time. It has its place but it's very niche at that level. For him it will be great for short burst phases.

When he knows he needs to cast flame shock then sure start calculating the overall uptime of glyphed vs non glyphed but until then it shouldn't be in that glyph spot very often .

Well I think it would only be a dps loss to delay cooldowns if it meant you delayed so much time that you could have used it another time during the fight.

With the hc warforged aoc and glyph, the fire ele is on a what? 1min 45 sec cd? EM is 1min 30seconds so you would only lose a usage of EM if the fight lasted longer than 9minutes 20 seconds (6x 1.5min EM cd plus 20 seconds of the cd duration).