Thread: Racial changes

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Racial changes

Allright, mmo-c updated front page faster than I could actually get all of this typed out. That's how it goes when you type it out at 4am. But I'll list them here for your convenience and let you discuss warrior related topics in this thread.

Finally some decent changes on the Alliance side of things. While Tauren (possibly) getting some decent buffs aswell.

Draenei:
    - Heroic Presence is now +X to your primary stat.
    - Gift of the Naaru heals for the same amount but over 5sec.

Troll:
    - Berserking reduced to 15% haste (down from 20%)

Orc:
    - Lost the Axe Specialization
    - Hardiness is 10% Stun reduction (down from 15%).

Night Elf:
    - Touch of Elune, a new passive which grants 1% Haste at night, 1% Crit during the day.
    - Night Elves' Quickness also increases movement speed by 2% passively.

Human:
    - Lose the Mace/Sword Specialization.
    - The Human Spirit becomes +0,5% to two secondary stats of your choice.

Blood Elf:
    - Gains Arcane Acuity, a 1% crit passive.
    - Arcane Torrent now restores 20RunicPower, or 1HoPo, or 3% Mana.

Added later that it restores rage aswell, but not how much

Undead
    - Tweaks to the scaling rate of Touch of the Grave (possible buff?)
    - Will of the Forsaken to 3min CD (up from 2).

Dwarf:
    - Crack shot and Mace Specialization has been removed.
    - Gains Might of the Mountain, which increases Critical Strike Bonus damage and healing by 2%.
    - Stoneform: Also removes Magic/Curse. HOWEVER, it still cannot be used while CC'd. (It is still NOT a CC-break)

Gnome:
    - Shortblade Specialization removed
    - Nimble Fingers: Increases haste by 1%.
    - Expansive Mind: Increases mana, energy, rage, or runic power by 5%.
    - Escape Artist's cooldown has been changed to 1min, down from 1,5 min.

Tauren:
    - Tauren's Endurance becomes +X Stamina.
    - Brawn is a new passive which increases Crit Damage/Healing by 2%.

Goblin, Pandaren & Worgen
    No changes by the looks of things
    Also:

Shattering Throw changes:
    Wait, correction, misspoke. Shattering Throw is coming back as a glyph to learn the ability. Not a glyph on Heroic Throw.
    Last edited by Juni; 2014-02-28 at 04:33 AM. Reason: updateeeeed

Those bastards.....

I created a post just like this for my guild forums, but I'd wait on putting it all up here until some kind of official comprehensive list comes down. Mostly since none of these really make a difference for us as Warriors just yet, and things are not quite final, due to some missing races still.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    I created a post just like this for my guild forums, but I'd wait on putting it all up here until some kind of official comprehensive list comes down. Mostly since none of these really make a difference for us as Warriors just yet, and things are not quite final, due to some missing races still.
    They were taken from Celestalon's twitter, and I will update this frequently if there are any changes. Also, he said there will be no changes for worgen. So it's only Tauren (which I have written above but is not official yet), goblin and pandaren (unlikely) who's awaiting changes.

Edit: He just released Tauren racial changes. Updating post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feels like undead were told to walk while many other races got to ride the gravy train.

Deleted
    Seems like it's time to ditch that Orc in favor of tauren or something.
    Patiently waiting for Collision Math™

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Seems like it's time to ditch that Orc in favor of tauren or something.
    Patiently waiting for Collision Math™
    Thing is, 2% crit damage sounds pretty op. But I'm not convinced it's gonna be big enough to actually beat Orcs and how strong Blood Fury is when paired up with other cds and storm bolt.

Choice is interesting as alliance aswell. Draenei, Dwarf and Human all have the possibility of being the best race for warriors. However, I think dwarf will beat the other two late expansion when the amount of stats on gear will make the added stats from racials negligible. If anything I wonder by potentially how much and mainly the difference between Draenei and Human.

But ye.. waiting for Collision (or anyone capable) to (hopefully <3<3<3) do the math xD
    Last edited by Juni; 2014-02-28 at 04:04 AM.

There's not much math to do. It depends on what happens to Crit as a stat. Assuming everything stays as is (which it wont):

Alliance will stay Worgen, with Human as a close second.

Horde will most likely go BLOOD ELF! And I am super excited to see all you fuckers suffer.

We dont actually know how much the human and draenei racial will increase stats yet, so I guess that's what we need to wait for really.

Edit: Headed over to Sparkuggz site again to see if it was mentioned in his post. It was:

derp, removed text to avoid confusion

These are not official nor certain, but at least something to work with I guess

Guess Worgen will still be somewhat the strongest race IF things do indeed remain the same.
    Last edited by Juni; 2014-02-28 at 04:38 AM.

Human is 0.5% for 2 stats of your choice.

Dunno about Draenei, but it won't be more than Panda, and will be balanced accordingly to 1% of a secondary I am sure.

This is all predicated on the fact that nothing will change, stat weight wise; which is straight up not true. If Crit was to drop significantly, Human could very well take over. No way to tell for sure until we see what we are working with in WoD; which won't be until Beta, if then.

Why are all the new alliance ones based around crit? Why not + haste or +damage ones

Human is 0.5% for 2 stats of your choice.

Dunno about Draenei, but it won't be more than Panda, and will be balanced accordingly to 1% of a secondary I am sure.

This is all predicated on the fact that nothing will change, stat weight wise; which is straight up not true. If Crit was to drop significantly, Human could very well take over. No way to tell for sure until we see what we are working with in WoD; which won't be until Beta, if then.
    Thanks, I must've missed it in all the twitterspam. Will update.

However, 0,5% crit is more than 0,5% haste and 0,5% mastery in actual stats tho, 600 crit for 1% vs 283 haste for 1% vs ~428 mastery for 1%?
    So in the end wouldn't you just gain more stats from just taking crit and mastery?

Ofc, that's disregarding the actual value of the stats themselves, but if for some magic reason haste would be great for us (better than mastery) it would be something to take into account, would it not?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    Why are all the new alliance ones based around crit? Why not + haste or +damage ones
    They are?
    Nelf = haste or crit depending on the time of day
    Gnome = 1% haste
    Human = haste + mastery if u so choose

And dwarf is +2% crit DAMAGE
    Last edited by Juni; 2014-02-28 at 04:33 AM.

I assume that it will add a flat 0.5% and not an equivalent amount of rating. That's how Worgen does it. Either way shouldn't make a difference as there are no +% to rating bonuses anywhere in the game or diminishing returns.

I would like to see more differences in the + secondary stat bonuses though. It does seem to be mostly Crit, Crit Damage and Haste. I imagine its to make Alliance and Horde relatively equal; but it would be nice if each race had something different, to include new stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's not much math to do. It depends on what happens to Crit as a stat. Assuming everything stays as is (which it wont):

Horde will most likely go BLOOD ELF! And I am super excited to see all you fuckers suffer.
    You go to hell with that statement. Who the hell wants to be a blood elf and love it?!
    Jakesterwars - Jakesterwars#1531
    Tyranny

Crit's value comes from a few places:
    Grants a critical hit (+100% damage)
    Rage income (10 rage)
    Damage Modifier
    Raging Blow

The 2% crit damage is so bad I'm not even going to do all the math, so TLDR: It will take 50% crit already on your character(0.005 * 102%) = 1% damage increase for crit damage to actually be better than 1% crit.

That's not even accounting for the enrage proc that grants 10 rage, damage increase modifier, and raging blow. Crit has value from the proc tied to it, not so much from the damage done.

We're all gonna be blood elves, so prepare to be fabulous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    Thing is, 2% crit damage sounds pretty op. But I'm not convinced it's gonna be big enough to actually beat Orcs and how strong Blood Fury is when paired up with other cds and storm bolt.
    Crit damage % if fairly weak in comparison (flat comparison of damage) to crit raiting per %, since crit gives you a 1% chance to do double damage, each % of crit is a 1% damage increase overall.

So lets say you have a crit rating of 50% your crit mod would be 1.5 on average (the formula for average damage from crit is (2*crit+(1-crit))), if you were to add 1% crit rating your mod would go to 1.51. if you were to add 1% crit damage (its additive so (2.01*crit+(1-crit))) then your crit damage mod would become 1.505, but since the racial is 2% crit damage it would be 1.51.

• at 20% crit would have Crit damage give you 0.002 (0.02%) damage vs crit giving 1%
    • at 50% crit would have crit damage give you 0.005 (0.05%) damage vs crit giving 1%
    • at 70% crit would have crit damage giving you 0.007 (0.07%) damage vs crit giving you 1%

50% is where 2% damage and 1% crit are even, below this crit level the crit racial would be better if it were flat damage (no bt crit etc), above this the 2% crit damage racials would be better (but they wont because of enrage)

fuck collision post at same time

I can't fucking wait to be the biggest fucking slut in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    Crit damage % if fairly weak in comparison (flat comparison of damage) to crit raiting per %, since crit gives you a 1% chance to do double damage, each % of crit is a 1% damage increase overall.

So lets say you have a crit rating of 50% your crit mod would be 1.5 on average (the formula for average damage from crit is (2*crit+(1-crit))), if you were to add 1% crit rating your mod would go to 1.51. if you were to add 1% crit damage (its additive so (2.01*crit+(1-crit))) then your crit damage mod would become 1.505, but since the racial is 2% crit damage it would be 1.51.

• at 20% crit would have Crit damage give you 0.002 (0.02%) damage vs crit giving 1%
    • at 50% crit would have crit damage give you 0.005 (0.05%) damage vs crit giving 1%
    • at 70% crit would have crit damage giving you 0.007 (0.07%) damage vs crit giving you 1%

50% is where 2% damage and 1% crit are even, below this crit level the crit racial would be better if it were flat damage (no bt crit etc), above this the 2% crit damage racials would be better (but they wont because of enrage)

fuck collision post at same time
    yeah listen to the dude with the cool accent

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    Crit's value comes from a few places:
    Grants a critical hit (+100% damage)
    Rage income (10 rage)
    Damage Modifier
    Raging Blow

The 2% crit damage is so bad I'm not even going to do all the math, so TLDR: It will take 50% crit already on your character(0.005 * 102%) = 1% damage increase for crit damage to actually be better than 1% crit.

That's not even accounting for the enrage proc that grants 10 rage, damage increase modifier, and raging blow. Crit has value from the proc tied to it, not so much from the damage done.

We're all gonna be blood elves, so prepare to be fabulous.
    That's true. Well, u enjoy being fabulous while I enjoy running like I have a stick up my bum -.- Worgen looks absolutely derp. Pretty sure I'm going human despite losing 0,5% crit, really cant be bothered with Worgen for another expansion :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    I can't fucking wait to be the biggest fucking slut in the world
    OH YEEEAH! Sexy bitch!