10+ Year Old Account

Shadow Dance Action Bars =/= Stealth Bars

Hi

I tried over and over to get into Subtlety PvP but over and over again I get dissapointed. Unfortenatly I feel like I kind of must start to play it anyway, cause Assassination has 0 burst.

The main reason is the beyond stupid idea, that Shadow Dance Action Bars are the same as Stealth Action Bars.This is driving me insane.

I mainly use button 1 to 4 for intense action. For stealth I want

1. Sap
    2. Garrote
    3. Cheapshot
    4. Ambush
    5. Distract

But I do not want this in Shadow Dance, there I want Rupture, Eviscerate and Kidney Shot preferably bound to button 1-5 (or 6) as well.
    In Shadowdance I want

1. Rupture
    2. Garrote
    3. Cheapshot
    4. Ambush
    5. Eviscerate
    6. Kidney Shot

I mean, both Sap and Distract are worthless in dance, but I want them easily accessible in Stealth. I do not want to put Eviscerate and Rupture on button 7 and 8 or bind them to Shift-X or so. I want my intense buttons avaliable easily in my most used buttons.

Is there any way to disable having the same action bars for the two? Is there any EASY addon or macro that I can use?

Any word on that this might be changed for WoD? If Sub will be the main PvP specc I will cry
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Deleted
    I think Dominos lets you assign different actionbars to Stealth/SD.

Deleted
    you can do this :

/cast [nomod,stance:1] sap
    /cast [nomod,stance:3] rupture

fyi:
    stance 0 = normal
    stance 1 = stealth
    stance 2 = vanish
    stance 3 = shadow dance
    Last edited by mmocbb3e69c953; 2014-03-16 at 01:34 PM.

Bartender and visibility conditions is answer. There is a lot custom options an posibilites

Yeah, Shadow Dance is a good example of a bad design. It's made for people who are into macros/addons. For an average player who uses the base UI, it makes it a shitty ability.

You can also use [combat][nocombat] and [stealth][nostealth] in macros, For example.

/cast [nocombat] Sap
    /cast [combat] Rupture

and

/cast [stealth] Distract
    /cast [nostealth] Eviscerate

One of my favourite macros is

/cast [nocombat] Stealth
    /cast [combat] Gouge
    I also have Sap on the same key in stealth.

You could also setup modifiers and have rupture/garrote and cheapshot/kidney shot on the same key, I think you would be better off having similar abilities on the same key.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for the answers, I will try both addons and macros
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account
    Cast Shadow Dance and allow it to fade. You can also cancel the aura. Shadow Dance must fade for this to work.
    Copy and paste /run BonusActionBarFrame:Show() in your chat box.
    Drag all your macros/abilities on your main action bar (it will be your shadow dance bar).
    Cast Stealth to return your bars back to normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sap is not useless in dance by the way. I just have my main stealth abilities bound to 1-4 which are used by both dance/stealth, easy to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is not necessarily useless. But how often do I use Dance when neither me or the other guy are in combat. It is the main DPS cd, I would not waste it for additional CC, in 99/100 cases I want it for damage.

Deleted
    You don't need to be out of combat yourself to sap out of combat target. It is often used in arena to sap someone who got out of combat by sitting in another CC (e.g. sap out of blind). As for distract - it is usable out of stealth, I see no reason to have it on stealth bar as opposed to just any normal bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Hi

I tried over and over to get into Subtlety PvP but over and over again I get dissapointed. Unfortenatly I feel like I kind of must start to play it anyway, cause Assassination has 0 burst.
    0 burst? Seriously? What do you call popping vendetta + shadow blades before the opener and the on use trinket immediately after the opener?

I dont know the names off the top of my head, but use the talents that gives sap a 10% increase to dmg, pop cds, and have the talent for the 25% healing reduction from kidney shot and it's gg.

Just put your finishers on bar 2 with a modifier button. Like evis, rupture, kidney shot, snd as ctrl+1,2,3,4 and have stuff like backstab and hemo on bar one and get replaced by ambush/garrote/cheap shot/premed however you want to set it up. Shouldn't be using hemo during dance so don't really need to worry about that.

Not to complicated really. The biggest wrench that dance throws into a rogue's rotation is needing to use finishers during stealth which is solved really easily but just sticking them on bar 2. For instance button 1 can be bs normal, ambush stealth, modify to evis, button 2 can be hemo normal, garrote stealth and modify to rupture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheltleth View Post
    0 burst? Seriously? What do you call popping vendetta + shadow blades before the opener and the on use trinket immediately after the opener?

I dont know the names off the top of my head, but use the talents that gives sap a 10% increase to dmg, pop cds, and have the talent for the 25% healing reduction from kidney shot and it's gg.
    Still not near the burst of a DK, Enhance Shaman, Ret Pally or Warrior or the burst of a Sub Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Still not near the burst of a DK, Enhance Shaman, Ret Pally or Warrior or the burst of a Sub Rogue
    Weve never had the burst of a shaman, dk, ret, or warrior. As for a sub rogue. I can do more dmg as mut than sub.