Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Scatter + trap is currently the only CC which:

1) requires two spells to do correctly
    2) can sometimes not work due to scatter pathing.
    3) Can be eaten by a teammate of the intended target.

Its pros:
    1) Both spells are instant, but the two GCDs are still longer than any single spell CC. And that's even before accounting for trap flight time, and arming time.

I think Blizz is living in some mythical world where people are scattering for full duration and then chaining into a full duration trap and then a full duration silencing shot, thus allowing one player to lock down the healer for X seconds. When, in essence, scatter almost never runs full duration, and is only used to "guarantee" (which isn't even a guarantee) the second CC lands. Unless the second CC gets eaten by a conscientious teammate or the spell just bugs out, in which case the CC chain is broken.

It's a stupid change and asking hunters to target a moving player to land CC is nigh on idiotic. The only justification I can see for this is wanting teammates to coordinate things like this, IE, a HoJ into a trap, or a Stormbolt into a trap, which is fine, but it just devalues hunters in compositions overall, as they can't really CC anything now on their own, except with Wyvern, a talent vastly inferior to its counterparts.

except with Wyvern
    This is assuming Wyvern Sting even survives as a talent in WoD.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Rogal Dorn View Post
    I have a dream, that one day freeze trap will have a cast time like polymorph or fear.
    Traps could have a cast time while we "arm" them and then shoot them just like any other shot. The time doesnt matter, the problem is that traps are way too easy to avoid and extremely hard to use whereas other cc's arent.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    This is assuming Wyvern Sting even survives as a talent in WoD.
    The tweet last night suggested it would remain in the CC tier.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

In all fairness there's still plenty of time to cut it.

Although perhaps the cutting of Scatter is a desperate attempt to make Wyvern Sting more appealing.

Deleted
    This could potentially be good because it would encourage more team work, e.g. HoJ into trap etc, even if it activates instantly the fact that it has a travel time will make it hard to land on a half-decent player who isn't in some form of CC already, but regardless it's too early to start complaining, comparing changes mentioned for WoD against the way the game is at the moment is completely pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by edmorte View Post
    Well they just did it.

The last well designed class fall.

Good job blizzard.
    oh god lolol

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow well this is a pretty shitty change. We lost Scatter shot and Silence; traps are still as shitty as ever...Looks like Blizz is at it again. I really wish for once they would actually spend time with people who know the class and listen to their concerns. This class has seen so many haphazard changes since Wotlk that it's unrecognizable.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

This could potentially be good because it would encourage more team work
    That's really no comfort for when I'm alone and world PVP happens.

Ehhh it's not the end of the world, I honestly think most people will end up liking it more after getting used to having your trap actually go off right away. There are plenty of ways to trap someone without scatter shot: pet snare, disengage web, wyvern sting, etc. I am bummed about losing silencing shot though...MM pvp is so nice with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    No they are removing monk orbs because you can spam heal yourself and tank 3 melees with it, plus two casters. (I know I play misweaver pvp on the side)
    Wrong.

Q: Are monks losing Healing Sphere in wod?

A: The spell to manually summon them, yes. Other spec abilities still summon them. Yes, changes will be made to account for this.

We're removing it because of the bad gameplay it provided, despite its power. Healing Sphere was spam clicking on an intended target's feet, trying to account for their movement and latency, tight hit area.
    They are removing it despite its power, not because of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Wow well this is a pretty shitty change. We lost Scatter shot and Silence; traps are still as shitty as ever...Looks like Blizz is at it again. I really wish for once they would actually spend time with people who know the class and listen to their concerns. This class has seen so many haphazard changes since Wotlk that it's unrecognizable.
    Remember that CC is intended to be more valuable in WoD. Hunters still have A LOT of CC compared to other classes. 8 second CC on a 30 sec CD and 6 second CC on a 45 second CD all instant. Only difference now is that you'll have to interrupt someones cast and that you have to use either Concussive Shot or Disengage root (which people were already using to trap off of) to trap off of. And considering traps will trigger instantly, it's basically a buff for those who use disengage root to trap off of, or other partner CC like HoJ, Storm Bolt etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    I really wish for once they would actually spend time with people who know the class and listen to their concerns.
    The problem with your statement is that Blizz are the only ones who know the class because they're the only ones with access to 6.0 content.

I really don't know how much I have to tell people that yelling and getting mad when you know NOTHING about how the expansion is going to work mechanic-wise is going to get you nowhere. If anything Blizzard will get sick of people being stupid and not listen to you at all when it does matter.

don't worry guys rogues and mages will continue to have it easy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    The problem with your statement is that Blizz are the only ones who know the class because they're the only ones with access to 6.0 content.

I really don't know how much I have to tell people that yelling and getting mad when you know NOTHING about how the expansion is going to work mechanic-wise is going to get you nowhere. If anything Blizzard will get sick of people being stupid and not listen to you at all when it does matter.
    I can answer that for you. You see it's called 4 expansions of telling blizzard things (doesn't matter which class) and them getting it wrong. So keep telling people "you havn't seen it yet" but we won't listen. We have experienced blizzard's methodology for 4 expansions now. Experience trumps what you're selling.

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    I can answer that for you. You see it's called 4 expansions of telling blizzard things (doesn't matter which class) and them getting it wrong. So keep telling people "you havn't seen it yet" but we won't listen. We have experienced blizzard's methodology for 4 expansions now. Experience trumps what you're selling.
    I'm not sure you even understand the situation. I know what you're talking about in that some things stay completely overpowered or complete crap throughout an expansion or a couple of seasons or whatever, but we're talking about from one expansion to the next. There are MASSIVE mechanical changes in how CC will work and how CC will be designed/balanced to be used so getting up in arms and yelling while knowing NOTHING of how PvP will work in the next expansion is completely stupid and using examples from the current expansion is irrelevant because none of those situations/examples are at all relevant to 6.0.

Between server lag, home lag, random latency and lag spikes this will make freeze trapping people more of luck than an actual skill shot.

Have you ever sat at the gates in a BG and think that you're awesome because you're the first one out and leading the pack of people 10 yards behind you? In actuality every person is seeing the same thing and where you are compared to what other people see is not necessarily the same thing. Launching a trap at a player and hitting their body on the money will almost 100% be a miss and they'll run right over it so you'll have to aim in front of them and lead them and make a crazy guess for latency. That being said there's still a high chance they'll still run right over it.

It's the same as playing a rogue in a bg and spamming cheapshot as fast as you can while an opponent literally runs from range to melee to through your character and past it all while being out of range.

Trapping is gonna suck..
    Hi Sephurik

So basiclly we won't be trapping warriors anytime soon.

Deleted
    So.. wait.. hunters have to actually set things up now
    and not just spam random abilities for 2k?

You have my vote blizz!

To the ones going to bitch ill save you the problem
    of having to go trough my posts to find out which
    class i play and then call me fotmOpLol.
    I play all classes so there you go

Deleted
    did you ever SCATTER a charging druid/warrior ... maan they are running in top speed in the other direction! :<