Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    From a PVE perspective, I like this because I'll now need to have less buttons. Hopefully scatter shot gets put into our talent tree.

Leave him be. He thinks playing a Hunter = spamming random buttons. He probably plays all his characters like that.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

The guy who tweeted says there is a traveling time, and you have to place it. Which means its pretty much the trap launcher, but will activate quicker. As in you won't see players running over it not freezing. This is an improvement. Sucks about scatter but everyone's cc is getting nerfed in WoD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGosuStandard View Post
    How is your post logical, "having to set things up now" how is depending on movement + latency having to set things up?
    Maybe latency and movement wasnt what he was referring to? Maybe he was pointing out how scatter makes it easy to secure
    that the traps land and without scatter it will be more of a task to setup CC?

Just a thought

well i guess narrow escape is going to mandatory unless you have something like stormbolt or asphyxiate to land traps. Tbh if they make the activation more reliable by doing this I'm actually all for it.

The amount of times I've had traps take almost 3 seconds to arm and then the next one almost instant is ridiculous.

conc trapping is a thing now and also should be much more effective when this change goes through.

Deleted
    Why they don't just remove CC trap and put Wyvern Sting baseline (and make it have same duration and CD as trap)? Problem solved!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsoni View Post
    Why they don't just remove CC trap and put Wyvern Sting baseline (and make it have same duration and CD as trap)? Problem solved!
    Because CC traps are about the only utility Hunters have for PVE that makes them worth bringing. Wyvern Sting has always been pretty shitty, if anything they should remove that and just make traps an on target ability; instead of a skillshot. Considering Scatter Shot is gone, it's going to be even harder to get people into your traps.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Deleted
    Scatter is only worth a gcd because traps are a weak mechanic. Instant activation sounds like something really interesting, and if it works well then the value of Scatter is highly diminished. Therefore, let it go. So maybe we get one less interrupt on trash packs, or in arena. As long as this in-line with overall concept changes, I don't think we lose much.

I'd rather have Scatter Shot than traps to be perfectly honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I'm not sure you even understand the situation. I know what you're talking about in that some things stay completely overpowered or complete crap throughout an expansion or a couple of seasons or whatever, but we're talking about from one expansion to the next. There are MASSIVE mechanical changes in how CC will work and how CC will be designed/balanced to be used so getting up in arms and yelling while knowing NOTHING of how PvP will work in the next expansion is completely stupid and using examples from the current expansion is irrelevant because none of those situations/examples are at all relevant to 6.0.
    I mentioned that i was speaking about one expansion to the next. They always talk about changing things. And then we test them and report findings that they continue to overlook. This is why no matter how many times you have to tell people about blah blah blah no one will listen to you. We've gone through it several times now. And yes i'm speaking about expansions, patches, etc etc

I see a lot of people saying scatter trap is the only way to land a trap on people, but don't all you hunters remember when we didn't have trap launcher at all and we still landed traps.

Deleted
    When didnt we have scatter shot? AFAIK we always had it. I think that if traps were turned into arrows only it would loose alot of flavor to the hunter class, but i see no problem in making trap launcher a target ability with a cast time.
    Mages have Health regen as a drawback
    Locks got "movment" as a "drawback"
    Rogue got too much CC for something to be spammable and its instant
    Warriors got a cooldown instant AoE and target stun
    And many other hybrids got their CC baseline and can use them while healing.
    Hunter drawback is the 30 sec CD on traps, and thats the price we should pay for it being instant. We shouldnt have to pay an extra CC to actually land trap, nor should we be expected to land a trap on a moving target with latency and all.

With CC removed, there should also be CC improved, and "insta arming" , yeah, not sure that will cut it.

I actually don't find it hard to land traps on players who are moving.
    The problem is what has already been addressed.

It's really easy to shoot a trap and have it land on top of a player or at least within activation range. The primary problem right now is that after the projectile contacts the ground the trap has to spawn and then takes a second to open, and by that time the person has moved. If the trap armed and activated as soon as the projectile hit the ground, I'm fairly confident I could land most traps.

Also did it really take a decade for traps to activate instantly? I mean, does anyone else not see something wrong with that.
    It takes long enough that someone paying attention or in constant motion (especially under a sprint effect) can easily move out of the way of a trap despite the trap landing on top of them. Which is why the scatter+trap was necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rickhunterr View Post
    I see a lot of people saying scatter trap is the only way to land a trap on people, but don't all you hunters remember when we didn't have trap launcher at all and we still landed traps.
    Do you remember Freezing Arrow from wotlk? It worked exactly like trap launcher + Ice/Freezing Trap or whatever it's called BUT it nearly triggered instantly as well.

I really don't get why people are complaining trapping will be near impossible now. Great hunters like Tosan were able to freaking trap off of a Concussive Shot, and you're all relying on scatter shot to land a trap. For crying out loud, when you're actually PvPing you have so many things to trap off of >_>

Deleted
    they better at least reduce counter shot to an 8-10 second CD, because using scattershot aswell is the only way to reliably interrupt some things

I hope more classes will get combat pets so that I can waste even more traps...

Deleted
    Well..

Ferals lost shapeshifting roots/slows even tho "it was something we always had"
    Ferals lost fear removal on berserk even tho "it was something we always had"
    Ferals lost instant clones on my feral even tho "it was something we always had"

So...

To everyone claiming their lovely hunter is being destroyed and what not;

Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Well..

Ferals lost shapeshifting roots/slows even tho "it was something we always had"
    Ferals lost fear removal on berserk even tho "it was something we always had"
    Ferals lost instant clones on my feral even tho "it was something we always had"

So...

To everyone claiming their lovely hunter is being destroyed and what not;

Deal with it!
    Doing it wrong.

Hunters can't trap off Scatter Shot anymore?

RIP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Doing it wrong.

Hunters can't trap off Scatter Shot anymore?

RIP
    Hahaha... sorry. Just woke up so I didnt have enough time to get into the "change means death"-mindset.

Ill come back to the thread in an hour and cry about "this is why wow is losing subs" etc etc

Tbh some CC has to go, and they have to balance all classes. At the moment I'm not too worried, and I don't think you should be either.
    It would be horible be the only class who got these changes, but we aren't.7

Might also be fun to loose some CC and maybe be highest dmg dealer in PvP? We know nothing of balance yet.