Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trape View Post
    i have a dream, that one day my targeted cc will be just as easy to get off as polymorph or fear instead of requiring the skills of a navy seals sniper to get off
    at least there's still mongoloid damage, right guys?
    nobody feels bad for hunters. plus, skill requiring abilities are good for a class

OT: Scatters weren't used only for getting a trap off, so this really just feels like a nerf. But at the same time if they change the way the trap works in the way stated, than there would be very strong hunter cc, something they want to get rid of.
    Last edited by Ralikon; 2014-02-28 at 06:52 AM.
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

all they have to do is make it so only the hunter placing the trap can see it all problems solved

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    ITT: Idiots getting up in arms saying how a single change in the next expansion is going to greatly effect everything using information and examples only relevant to the current expansion.
    Happens every time. No one ever applies new information to the rest of the build it comes from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    all they have to do is make it so only the hunter placing the trap can see it all problems solved
    This is already in the game. lol

Only the hunter and those who are in the group with the hunter can see traps from a distance. Enemies can see the trap for like 10 seconds before they become invisible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kind of gutted they're getting rid of scatter shot but I did find it useful
    Last edited by Zhaine; 2014-02-28 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I've always felt that traps should be an intrinsic part of being a Hunter, takes skill, high risk high reward type of deal. Cheesing you into a trap with scatter is lame.

Pity because I like scatter, but if it's traps or scatter I vote traps stay, and needless to say CC needs pruning.

Obviously this will suck for high latency (sigh oceanic /wrists) but hey, being a fully mobile ranged with autoshot already compensates a lot for that.
    Right on the mark in my opinion, scatter > trap has always been dumb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    What a shitty change. Scatter Shot is the only reliable way to land a trap on something, and it's bullshit to make hunters have to rely on other players to land their own crap.
    It's the reliable way now, but if you're able to predict the moving path of your opponent, this change should make it trivial to hit. Traps fly pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    It's the reliable way now, but if you're able to predict the moving path of your opponent, this change should make it trivial to hit. Traps fly pretty fast.
    Yeah. I suspect traps will also have increased area of effect and will something like rune of power / death and decay / binding shot.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of allowing you to instantly use a trap, it makes it more realistic: You need to plan out where you drop your trap and actually kite your target into it (or plan ahead where he will be going).

Right now, traps like Ice trap are an instant CC and that is just what they want to change.

I don't see a big problem here to be honest. In pvp and pve you set your traps where you want/need them. The only change is that you will no longer be able to instantly use their effect, which is certainly not fair in many cases.

Since they activate immediately, it means you can use ice trap and explosive trap at choke points and not require a player/mob to go over them to trigger. Sucks that you can no longer pre-apply in PVE, but it's also better than having no mob or an immune mob hit it.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    It just shows none of the devs knows/plays hunters, Scatter shot is a really useful tool outside of pvp aswell,not just used for trapping someone or an npc.
    Its a nice "ghetto" intterupt aswell,and now that we are loosing Silencing shot aswell,meh,I just don't like it at all. We will see how it works out with instant traps,its probably going to be even more unreliable in pvp then scatter/trap :s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Since they activate immediately, it means you can use ice trap and explosive trap at choke points and not require a player/mob to go over them to trigger. Sucks that you can no longer pre-apply in PVE, but it's also better than having no mob or an immune mob hit it.
    I don't think that's how it will work. As I understood it you can launch it on a player and it will go off instantly, if you throw it somewhere else it will just lay there until someone walks over.

And of course Scatter is useful, every CC is useful... but remember all classes lose abilities and I personally like their plans as long as we're left with our own unique abilites. Also we will probably be less dependant on perfect CC chains in general in wod.
    Last edited by mmocfd2a43b266; 2014-02-28 at 01:14 PM.

I'm going to miss using Scatter as an interrupt.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Elwynsheep View Post
    I don't think that's how it will work. As I understood it you can launch it on a player and it will go off instantly, if you throw it somewhere else it will just lay there until someone walks over.
    "activate immediately" says to me that it no longer sits. It goes off when it lands or when you drop it. And if so, Glyphed Explosive Trap just became the pillar humper's worst nightmare.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    "activate immediately" says to me that it no longer sits. It goes off when it lands or when you drop it. And if so, Glyphed Explosive Trap just became the pillar humper's worst nightmare.
    Right now (alteast I think, haven't checked in a few months or so) traps need like half a second until they activate, until they are ready to go off.
    Everything else would make zero sense for a trap.

15+ Year Old Account
    They need to increase the area of effect...Hunter traps missing a target just barely is what made me stop playing my hunter. "The dude just walked over my trap and nothing happened!RAWR!!!!"!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The trap going off instantly without a target makes no sense. Especially in the context of the full freeze trap. Something should have to trip it.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Elwynsheep View Post
    Right now (alteast I think, haven't checked in a few months or so) traps need like half a second until they activate, until they are ready to go off.
    Everything else would make zero sense for a trap.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    The trap going off instantly without a target makes no sense. Especially in the context of the full freeze trap. Something should have to trip it.
    I'm just parsing language. "Arm and activate" is redundant if it doesn't mean the trap goes off. I'll tweet Celestalon/Holinka for clarification.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, here is the most important tweet:

Celestalon@Celestalon 10h
    .@SpaceHarbor @holinka @Fierydemise @TheCrafticus I'm still pushing for Glyph of Bear Trap, which replaces Snake Trap's snakes with bears.

Perhaps you're confused on what Healing Sphere does for a monk. It works kind of how a launcher trap does currently except it's spammable.
    In WoD, you're losing the launcher so you're dropping it at your feet. It's also not spammable.

These are not the same. I suspect it's aimed at melee face humping you. You already have tools to help with that.

So, in case you're still confused: Monk Healing Sphere's are NOT auto-placed at the monks feet. They are targetted.

Well they just did it.

The last well designed class fall.

Good job blizzard.