Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Also, here's an idea. What if they removed Inquisition and instead gave us a 1minute CD 30% holy damage buff that lasted for 60 seconds? Sounds awesome right?
    haha I just said the same thing in the other thread , really people need to stop looking at inq as a chore of a maintenance buff and see it as a 1 min cd ..you not going to hit it again until 58-59 seconds anyways... effectivly making it a 1 min dps cd that increases your holy dmg by 30%

it's a 1 min dps cd , just like aw and goak are dps cds , nothing more nothing less
    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Retribution Paladin into a Warrior and actually be able to dps worth a damn.

Would people still have a problem if Inq lasted for 120 seconds (which basically makes Inq about as strong as Avenging Wrath?)
    See I just think people don't want to hit a button once a minute (so I guess everyone hates Execution Sentence and Light's Hammer as well?) but if it's 2 minutes it's acceptable? Honestly that's got nothing to do with how "fun" an ability is but more about how lazy people are that they can't find the focus or whatever you want to call it to press and maintain a 1min duration buff.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2014-02-28 at 10:22 PM.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Would people still have a problem if Inq lasted for 120 seconds (which basically makes Inq about as strong as Avenging Wrath?)
    See I just think people don't want to hit a button once a minute (so I guess everyone hates Execution Sentence and Light's Hammer as well?) but if it's 2 minutes it's acceptable? Honestly that's got nothing to do with how "fun" an ability is but more about how lazy people are that they can't find the focus or whatever you want to call it to press and maintain a 1min duration buff.
    I think the issue is classes with maintenance spells versus classes without maintenance spells. I'd rather see DPS maintenance spells removed personally; classes should be at 100% of their DPS capacity for 100% of the time (such as Warriors/DKS).

Plus I think the issue with Inquisitiion is, unless i'm mistaken, the fact that Feral Druids are actually having Savage Roar removed or built-in as a passive in WoD. I just don't find maintenance spells to be a very 'fun' or entertaining mechanic, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    I think the issue is classes with maintenance spells versus classes without maintenance spells. I'd rather see DPS maintenance spells removed personally; classes should be at 100% of their DPS capacity for 100% of the time (such as Warriors/DKS).

Plus I think the issue with Inquisitiion is, unless i'm mistaken, the fact that Feral Druids are actually having Savage Roar removed or built-in as a passive in WoD. I just don't find maintenance spells to be a very 'fun' or entertaining mechanic, personally.
    So you want there to be no possible difference between someone who's played ret paladin (or any class) for a week and someone who's played it for 4+ years?
    And before you say "you can still screw up rotation", yes you can... but not to the difference of Inq. It might be elitist to say that I want to tell the difference between someone good and someone bad but we can't then all the competitiveness in WoW is dead, flat out dead.

Feral druids already have 2 (or 3, can't remember) bleeds to maintain, if Savage Roar is removed from feral then they're still down to 2-3 things they have to maintain. If Inq is removed from ret we have nothing to maintain, sure you can say you dislike maintaining buffs but it's gameplay regardless of it's "fun-ness".
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Again the "fun" argument is thrown, what is fun? DPS? Inq ups your dps dramatically.
    Combustion is a core ability for Firemages, I can't imagine it's "fun" for them to watch their combustion addon waiting for it to go above a certain point and then clicking it either. Or for Moonkins to hit Starfall every 45seconds (roughly).

Just because something isn't "fun" doesn't mean it's bad gameplay.
    Go tell that to the mages arguing about level 90 tiers.

15+ Year Old Account
    To prevent too much crossover, keep discussion to the 6.0 spec thread. Thanks!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature