Exclamation Warlords Changes

Greetings.

I have seen some footage of WoD (posted on MMO - Champion) and would like to share some Death Knight changes. (Mostly Blood). Remember, it's still in production, so don't get too worried.

Death Strike (Blood Only)
    Now deals 196% Weapon Damage. From 259%.
    Heals you 30% of the damage received in the last 5 seconds from non - player sources of at least 5% of your maximum health.
    Would heal about 2% in PvP instead of 3% (like it is now).

Horn of Winter
    No change, as much as I can see. But it seems to have NO CD. Just a global CD. (Not sure if it still generates Runic Power).

Rune Strike
    Same as before, except now does 155% Weapon Damage. From 200%.

Plague Strike
    Now does 75% Weapon Damage. From 100%

Rune Tap
    No longer heals. Instead placed an absorb which scales with Attack Power AND Vengeance.

Vampiric Blood
    Dancing Rune Weapon
    Bone Shield
    Deaths Advance
    Dark Command
    Plague Leech
    Lichborne
    Heart Strike

= Have no change at the moment.

Not sure how people would feel this as a PvE standpoint but for people who play as Blood, it will be harder to survive and you will be doing quite a lot less damage.

(Was taken as level 90).
    (Do not forget in WoD, every time you level up, one of your abilities will get a permanent buff).

Deleted
    The horn of winter and Rune Strike sounds as if we're getting some new way of generating runic power...
    Still not a big deal... The item squish might have forced it to be changed :P

The plague strike change is fine... it is only used to apply fevers (unholy atleast)

Runetap sounds ok as well It surely has to do something with new healing system that blizzard is adressing

Deleted
    I like the new rune tap.

Not sure how people would feel this as a PvE standpoint but for people who play as Blood, it will be harder to survive and you will be doing quite a lot less damage

Surviving in solo content will still be easy, and don't forget haste and crit will be defensive stats and I think it will offset a part of the weapon damage loss

Deleted
    "tanks will deal *a lot* more damage without vengeance"

don't extract a minor image out of a big picture and then claim the image is everything

Deleted
    Wasn't there a hint or a comment about potentially removing the damage modifier on some abilities when they are used on targets with diseases applied ordid I imagine that?

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've seen of other videos, Weapon Damage abilities across the board have alot lower numbers then current. So all the abilities doing less weapon damage is probs part of a major balancing change to bring the value of weapon damage on down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nutella View Post
    Wasn't there a hint or a comment about potentially removing the damage modifier on some abilities when they are used on targets with diseases applied ordid I imagine that?
    Yea, diseases no longer buff the damage of obliterate/heart strike/scourge strike. Instead, you will now want to maintain diseases because they are a sizable amount of your damage (Someone playing diseaseless would do like 15% less then someone maintaining diseases). So you still want to maintain your diseases, it just won't matter as much if you scourge strike or w/e a target without diseases on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Yea, diseases no longer buff the damage of obliterate/heart strike/scourge strike.
    Where did you get that information from?

Quote Originally Posted by vholu View Post
    "tanks will deal *a lot* more damage without vengeance"

don't extract a minor image out of a big picture and then claim the image is everything
    all things considered, blood will be taking a lot of crit/haste gear. aside from rings, trinkets, and neck pieces everything loot based for tanks is offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by device1 View Post
    Where did you get that information from?
    That was in a tweet a while back.

Also means that diseases would basically be just a far worse version of Inquisition.

Oh, no way. I don't like the idea of two diseases that do nothing but damage, don't get me wrong.

But I like it much more than Inquisition. If we drop diseases, we lose a bit of damage from that DoT only. If a Ret drops Inquisition, they lose a ton of damage from most of their abilities and their mastery and 10% base crit!

Inquisition and (particularly) Savage Roar are horrible; Slice and Dice slightly less so because it also impacts resource generation. These three abilities aren't really buffs, they're "make me not suck buttons", annoying micromanagement that does nothing but tick a box saying "OK, you can perform how you're supposed to now." Maintaining a DoT inherently feels better, because the debuff itself does damage. IMO, obviously. But if you have one, imagine how much more satisfying it would be to play your rogue if the Slice and Dice attack speed buff was applied when you Rupture.

We need to be careful when comparing ourselves to other classes. DKs have problems, absolutely. But other classes have their own problems, and sometimes they're worse off than we are. This is one of those cases.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2014-03-10 at 03:27 AM.

I would rather have a "maintenance" self-buff than a shitty, low damage, uninteresting DoT(s), simply due to the problems with target swaps. Sure ret needs to get censure rolling too, but they don't need to consume valuable resources on really, really shitty attacks to apply censure (HB isn't shitty for DW, but still). Of course this becomes much more tolerable is things like plague strike and icy touch go away for frost and blood, respectively.

Have you actually put time into playing Ret or (in particular) Feral? If so, I guess we just disagree.

Inquisition is dramatically improved this expansion; Ret generates HoPo much faster, its duration was doubled, and it refreshes on killing blows. It was awful in Cataclysm, but I don't particularly mind it now. I would still much, much prefer a DoT, though.

Savage Roar on the other hand is as terrible as it's ever been right now. It single-handedly killed the spec for me.