10+ Year Old Account

Big 1.2GB Update added to PTS

We got a nice surprise last night as 1.2GB of goodies got added to the Public Test Shard (PTS). Let's dive in and see what's new

So far i came across another Tier 3 raid added, we already have Greenscale and Akylios, this time it's the Dragon of Avarice herself, Laethys.

Like the other two raids, this is set back in time when Laethys was at her full power and we get a 'Messenger of Fate' trying to change history by stopping the original five heroes from 'binding' Laethys, this is set inside her original 'home', Chalmers Caldera.

If you're a PvP'er. good news is that a new Warfront, set inside the maze area of Greenscales Blight has been added

Called 'Blighted Antechamber' this Warfront promises Capture the Flag (CTF) type match, jump pads, mazes, a good chance will be to test it tonight when Conquest: Steppes of Infinity is been tested ar 11pm GMT

As the Dev posted, this is a very rough map right now, just to give us an idea of it

Blighted Antichamber Warfront on PTS

Hey folks, posting this to give you info on the new Warfront you may have seen on PTS.

First of all let me state that this is the roughest draft of any content you will ever see! It is a little ahead of schedule and I figured that it'd be better for people to see it early and give me feedback before I get a ton of work into it.

It is in the front room of Greenscale's Blight (the maze room). It will be a 15 v 15 mixed mode Warfront. Right now only the control point portion is functional, but there will also be a flag for each team that can be captured for points.

There are a few jump pads to the center control point, and jump pads from the spawn points still to be implemented, as well as adjustments to the hedges to bring them up to speed.

It's not fully functional yet but enough of the rough idea is in to let folks take a look and give me any feedback you may have. Hope you enjoy it, and please leave questions, comments, concerns below.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...front-pts.html

Also added to the new quest 'hub' in Moonshade Highlands, as posted here >> http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...urn-of-Akylios are a few daily quests which auto-mentor you to level 15

Finally, before heading to bed, a new Zone event started in Moonshade so looks like a few new events and types of Rifts are incoming again, hopefully more people will discover where the rest of the 1.2GB has gone to

Deleted
    I notice "Black garden - ranked", did they introduce ranked warfronts?

And I can't see anything about new conquest or am I missing it? Didn't it make it or?

They added ranked WF a while ago. And no, conquest is not in the update.

Is it still ranked as in, just different teirs of level split up or actually ranked by some sort of skill sorting?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffygong View Post
    Is it still ranked as in, just different teirs of level split up or actually ranked by some sort of skill sorting?
    That's what I'm wondring as well. Since screenshot seem to say you can only join as group I guess it's some sort of competitive system, or?

I haven't tried it, since I dislike RPG PvP, but my understanding is that this is actual rated PvP. It is only for level 60 and automatically bolsters you up to the max level PvP gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seatin -slacker man of legends- posted a video showing the new Warfront 'Blighted Antechamber', set inside Greenscale's Blight.

Bear in mind this isn't working fully yet, was just opened to show people how it looks but next PTS update will have the PvP flag working and other elements sorted

Odd you did not post a separate thread for the MMORP article on liberator. Great finds Slip...Liberator sounds like Harbinger and Chloro mix...basically the exact reason I rolled a Mage was to have a melee that could heal like Reaver used to wayyyyy wayyy back when.

Also new souls 2.7.....

Wish Trion would clarify this before I drop 99$ on a year sub they just offered, then have to drop 60+ for an expansion. I am holding off paying for the year sub until this is all clarified, so it is in Trions interest to post something about this.

I imagine the time line looks like

2.7 is pre 3.0 with new souls for sale
    2.8 bullshit filler patch
    3.0 in Fall?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Wish Trion would clarify this before I drop 99$ on a year sub they just offered, then have to drop 60+ for an expansion. I am holding off paying for the year sub until this is all clarified, so it is in Trions interest to post something about this.
    Well, if the current model is anything to go by, the next expansion will be free with the additional souls costing roughly $20.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Well, if the current model is anything to go by, the next expansion will be free with the additional souls costing roughly $20.
    Could be. My biggest concern is what happened with Storm Legion pack they sold that had a 1 year sub on it, so I added 12 months to the storm legion pack which had some extremely sweet items that I still use to this date. If I were going to burn 99$ I would prefer to have 3.0 and patron status for 12 months. The current thing is just 99$ for 12 month patron.

Edit: Daglar confirmed the 2.7 date which makes 2.7 the 1.11 or at the least 2.8 is the last patch of this expansion. Very interesting

They have previously commented that the souls would be released when they are ready because the F2P model allows them to release content incrementally, and that their release date would be independent of the new zones. I don't think the souls coming in 2.7 tells us anything about when the new zones are coming or how many patches there are until 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Daglar said these souls will cost more then SL souls, SL souls were cheaper because they'd been out a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Odd you did not post a separate thread for the MMORP article on liberator.
    I saw it, i even was the first to reply to it but holding off as apparently there will be an 'Official' blurb on the Rift site today, as MMORPG called the Expansion "Soul Legion" i thought it wise to wait and get the real facts

Also, has been confirmed numerous times that 3.0 will be totally free, the only exception will be to buy the four new souls, which irrespective of how much they will cost, is a bargain. A whole new zone(s) to explore, new quests, new events, new everything.

I know Rift is F2P but be realistic, if everything including the kitchen sink was handed out absolutely free, how long do you think the game would last? fluff, cosmetic items, souls are all fine, you can play perfectly well without even SL souls

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post

I know Rift is F2P but be realistic, if everything including the kitchen sink was handed out absolutely free, how long do you think the game would last? fluff, cosmetic items, souls are all fine, you can play perfectly well without even SL souls
    They could sweeten that year long deal for me by adding in the souls. I would buy it in a heart beat. Only thing holding me back is they did it last time where they added something to the year long deal that was better then the previous deal.

I am very excited though about the new souls in 2.7.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should charge for the souls like this. 10 dollar to unlock 1 soul of your choice. 30 dollars to unlock every new soul excluding the sl souls.