Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is what I've been wanting since they started merging. I'm already on a full server and CRZ just makes it even more annoying when leveling or trying to farm old stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    and worse for others.
    If People have a problem with other people being around them, they shouldn't be playing an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    It always seemed to me that CRZ only actually benefits griefers.
    This.

PvP is one thing, but slaughtered by 2 40man raids while still on a 2sec loadscreen is a little bit too much...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

CRZ was put in to hinder low leveling progress and combined with the removing auto learned flight paths to make low level questing so unbearable that they could sell levelcapped characters for $60 to the people who have hated leveling since it's implementation. This was all intentional. They planned this microtransaction p2w cashgrab far in advance

Mod Note: Don't engage in conspiracy theories. They're against the rules. You won't be warned again. [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2014-03-01 at 01:45 AM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    I transferred to a Horde dominant server to avoid being ganked while leveling. All of the sudden some Alliance douche from Frostmane comes and kills my ass. Please remove CRZ.
    This kind of opinion is what is wrong with CRZ. (and yes I took the post as a joke).

Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    CRZ was put in to hinder low leveling progress and combined with the removing auto learned flight paths to make low level questing so unbearable that they could sell levelcapped characters for $60 to the people who have hated leveling since it's implementation. This was all intentional. They planned this microtransaction p2w cashgrab far in advance
    I wish my mind could come up with conspiracy theories like this and actually believe it.

The number of times I have flown over locations on Flight Points and seen numerous battle pets, or certain rare spawns, only to land and go back there to see the area empty because it was from another server than my own.

Take the flight from dalaran to argent tournament. The area around sindragosa's fall is littered with scourge whelplings, but when you actually get there, they are no where to be see.

Fly over a rare spawn for Bloody Rare/Frost Bitten, NPCscan goes off, go back there, the mob isn't there, nor was it ever there to begin with.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2014-03-01 at 01:42 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    I transferred to a Horde dominant server to avoid being ganked while leveling. All of the sudden some Alliance douche from Frostmane comes and kills my ass. Please remove CRZ.
    You should have transferred to a PvE realm, dude.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    With the increase in merged realms, and the consistent over-population in some zones, I personally, in my own opinion, think it is time to remove CRZ. Cross realm Zones were a bandaid for a much bigger issue. Now that the issue is being addressed via realm mergers, there is no longer a need to be crossed with realms outside of our own merger.

The rubberband effect when crossing the lines is ridiculous. Trying to chase someone down for revenge is near impossible if they end up in a different CRZ. Going back to grab that rare you spotted as you flew over on a flight path is seldom, if ever, possible.

It's time to rip off the bandaid and let the freshly merged servers heal. Just my 2 cents.
    Agreed. Much like you I also want my friggin' Time-Lost.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

I rarely complain about anything regarding WOW, but I agree that CRZ is the worst implementation ever and that it has brought nothing good to the game.
    There is absolutely no reason for it because they removed all the group quests before CRZ was even implemented. Now it is much harder to complete quests and level gathering professions, not to mention the fact that certain achievements are near impossible to get.
    At the very least, take CRZ away from the highest population servers. I am on one such server, and almost always see people from my server when I level anyway.
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    CRZ is fine. People who feel:

* Hey I joined a 99-1 Horde PvP realm and we got CRZ with Alliance WTF bro
    * Hey I joined a dead realm so I could farm TLPD

are just complaining that they can't exploit the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    Blizzard never accept they made a mistake (e.g. every class spell change ever, flying mounts, LFR remaining after flex mode implementation) so I doubt we'll see them removed / changed.
    And what about the removal of flying until the first major patch during WoD ?
    LFR is a necessity due to an arrogant playerbase.
    Flex is still organised raiding, something many still cant commit to.
    Flex doesn't solve any of the reasons why LFR was introduced.
    The playerbase utilising Flex correctly may reduce that issue significantly, but won't remove it entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

CRZ is awesome, I enjoy a bit of low level pvp when leveling on my alts. Sure some high levels come every once in awhile but they like to target specific zones a bit. In my experience its not nearly as bad as what you would imagine based on forum posts. I think people get killed once and rage. There are areas that need adjusting however, Horde high levels harassing people leveling in Duskwood is really lame. You need to gain a debuff that allows you to get dismounted somehow for killing a low level player.

CRZ is a mixed bag for me...

It's awesome to see people while leveling, that's for sure, since you are playing an MMO. The issue is it doesn't mean the game is anymore social from it. People still go on by with blinders on to do their own merry little agenda. What happens with an MMO that supports leveling alone, then in a group.

In the PvP aspect of things again, I don't know how I feel about it. I've been playing on a PvP server since the start of BC and that was on a server with a balanced H/A ratio at the time, and I honestly don't remember getting ganked by high level players as much then as I do now. Known a few people to end up giving up when finally reaching Outland mainly because of the constant attacks on both Honor Hold and Thrallmar, and it's not just the ganking but the consistent killing of quest givers as well.

I understand full and well this is supposed to help make low populated realms give them the feeling there's more people, but it really doesn't solve the problem, which is there are servers with TONS of people, and there's servers with a LOW amount of people. Even when I first played WoW I chose a high populated realm mainly because from previous experience with other MMOs it leads to more opportunities, which is why high population realms are only getting more people. People want to play where the people are.

Lastly, you can't change the way WoW has been. The very few group quests that I recall from BC you can lone wolf, so when you want people to use the CRZ as an opportunity to group up and be social, it seems counter productive to me when you do things like this. Let alone there's no real underlying bonus with leveling with a stranger.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And what about the removal of flying until the first major patch during WoD ?
    LFR is a necessity due to an stupid playerbase.
    Flex still takes a brain, something many still cant utilize.
    Flex doesn't solve any of the reasons why LFR was introduced.
    The playerbase having a pulse may reduce that issue significantly, but won't remove it entirely.
    FTFY

And that wasnt what he was talking about with Flex, he meant how GC stated that he "wished they had done Flex first, Flex still feels like raiding".

OT, the only issue with crossrealm zones is the lag between them. Other than that, having other people in your MMO isnt a negative thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    With the increase in merged realms, and the consistent over-population in some zones, I personally, in my own opinion, think it is time to remove CRZ. Cross realm Zones were a bandaid for a much bigger issue. Now that the issue is being addressed via realm mergers, there is no longer a need to be crossed with realms outside of our own merger.

The rubberband effect when crossing the lines is ridiculous. Trying to chase someone down for revenge is near impossible if they end up in a different CRZ. Going back to grab that rare you spotted as you flew over on a flight path is seldom, if ever, possible.

It's time to rip off the bandaid and let the freshly merged servers heal. Just my 2 cents.
    I resubbed for CRZ. It's amazing.

No, I never understood the CRZ hate, completely unwarranted. I like meeting new people from other realms, and I hate only seeing one person in goldshire.

Quote Originally Posted by Asuna-San View Post
    The only thing I hate about CRZ is when you have a 2 person flying mount, you fly over the border to another zone, the person on your back falls off and dies
    I dual-box, and CRZ has driven me nuts for that very reason. Passenger mounts are SUPPOSED to provide a parachute, but too often my other character just falls to their death. I also hate the hardcore quest progression-related zone phasing used in places like Jade Forest, where your passenger can get dismounted and suddenly you can't see them anymore - even though you're partied - because they aren't at the same quest progression for the zone. It's not fun trying to figure out where to go so they can "find" each other again....

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    If People have a problem with other people being around them, they shouldn't be playing an MMO.
    Agree with this 10000% if people hate having competition while questing in a zone then why are they playing an MMO, what is the point of having MMO's if no one likes playing with others around..

Be good to have a time machine to go back and tell Blizzard other game developers not to bother making MMO's because they will only get a lot of QQ from people complaining about having competition from other people while questing / leveling amongst other things..

But yes in the end if you don't like it then go play a single player game where you have no competition from other people, really if people are complaining about features like this then you should not be playing a MMO..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2014-03-01 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    CRZ will never be removed. The real reason for its existence is to reduce the amount of server shards Blizzard has to run. They are fully aware that it has no benefit on player experience, it's simply another cost-saving measure to improve profits that are constantly shrinking.

What would be advantageous is increasing the spawn rate of "named" mobs so that they are always up, and taking Ring of Blood style quests (which are now absolute hell to complete) and giving them their own phasing for groups.

World bosses can easily be done with the "other raids" tab. It takes all of my characters about 3 minutes tops to get groups for Celestials once I join it (don't have the cloak yet for Ordos).
    This is the truth. Now instead of every server having it's own "world" theres only like 10-15 worlds out there. Servers must have been narrowed down exponentially well.